Can we all agree these are the artistic high points for each of these mediums?

Can we all agree these are the artistic high points for each of these mediums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZLcquuO7sxg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Replace The Sopranos with The Wire

2/6, I've seen worse desu

shadow of the colossus is highest gaming point

tv series are mediocre.

citizen kane is a viable answer.

pet sounds? gtfo

haven't read ulysses, you could be right.

>That's not Brave New World
>Comic books are for autistic children
>That's not Battle Royale
>That's not Seinfeld
>That's not Magical Mystery Tour
>That's not Metal Gear Solid

>>>reddit

please go back

Can you please just fuck off and die already.

Fargo > Any other tv series ever created

Agree with 2-3/6

weakest fucking bait i've ever seen. either that or you're a complete retard

>Shadow Of The Colossus
That game is good, but it's not the pinnacle of gaming. I personally think Ico is better.

>bait

The funniest part was when you thought either of our opinions or OP's opinion mattered.

No, The Wire slightly edges out The Sopranos.

I'll agree when it put down 4 more solid seasons.

NO IT ISNT

>>>r/television
fuck off

>comic and not art

What's so great about citizen Kane?

>book
quixote
>comic
zap comix
>film
wild strawberries
>tv show
seinfeld
>album
noisy warhol banana
>videogame
dorf fort

They're all art, unless you meant painting

its one of the only pre-90s movies that teenagers know

12 angry men, strangelove, that type of stuff

everything you know about cinema was created by orson welles

Fargo has had 2 10/10 seasons imho, it's so underrated in the mass media that it's unfair

nobody reads books anymore

comics aren't art

film should be No Country For Old Men

TV show should be Breaking Bad

Album should be Faust self-titled

Video game should be Super Mario 64

haven't played ico sadly

agreed on comic, rest of it is complete shit.

It's not the movie itself, so much, but more what it did for cinematography as an art. It's a turning point.

>shadow of the colossus
>game

I think fine arts would be a better definition

imma fuck you up

>books

its 2016 lol

>"it's all subjective, there's no reason to talk about anything because they're just opinions! everything has the same value!"

i hope you die

Ok, we're never gonna agree what the album should be, so I'm just gonna throw in my useless opinion, shouldn't the Beatles be there instead?

10/10. best and most cleverly orchestrated baits I've seen on Sup Forums in a while

>Zelda

Are you 15?

It's a bit like Zelda, with most of the bullshit cut out. Zelda is my favorite game series of all time, and Ico has a lot of similar puzzles, with little to no story.
>bombing walls
>lighting torches
>climbing/swinging from chains, ropes, and ladders

Here's a whole documentary explaining why you're wrong.

I agree, but other series like Sopranos, The Wire, West Wing have put out multiple 10/10 seasons. Fargo needs to match that to get into the running for goat series.

you have your mind in the right place user

this is disgusting

>

I definitely wanted to play it but I never got the Shadow and Ico collection.

Forgot link
youtube.com/watch?v=ZLcquuO7sxg

This chart could actually be objective if it listen the most influential points for each medium

It'd make a lot more sense too

What is Ulysses about btw? The cover looks cool

The way I see it, Shadow and Ico are like the best parts of the Zelda franchise, separated into two games, with very little story and no filler. They're all gameplay.
One is all boss fights.
One is all puzzles.

>inb4 your medium isn't art
>not just investing yourself in mediums that you find the most fun or emotionally responsive

ive never played a zelda game should i lads

>wild strawberries
good pick

play ocarina and majora

then play the superior 2d games like alttp and the oracles

Yes. In my humble opinion, as a long time Zelda fan, A Link To The Past is the best 2D console Zelda, Link's Awakening is the best handheld Zelda, and Wind Waker is the best 3D console Zelda.

>black mirror man
lol
The way to spot a 15 year old is if they value The Wire over Sopranos. Don't worry when you get older you will get Sopranos

>book
agreed
>comic
I don't read em. I hear Watchmen is better with context anyway.
>film
Definitely fucking not. There are films released that are better than CK nearly every year.
>TV Show
In all honestly, it's probably an anime.
>Album
Yeah, or some recording of Die Kunst der Fuge.
>Videogame
Solid pick. Some other good choices are the stanley parable, dwarf fortress,
>>comic books are for autistic
>picks lame high school core novel that's largely redundant of 1984 and has shit prose from every analytical angle imaginiable
>picks lame le big fite movie
>picks one of the weakest beatles records
admittedly I haven't played most metal gear games, but I doubt any of them are the artistic high point for the entire medium
12 angry men and strangelove are so cool and accessible though
Oh boyyyyyy.
Ulysses details a single day in the life of Dubliner Leopold Bloom in a way that is stylistically abstract and structured to resemble The Odyssey. Its the end-boss of literature as far as most people are concerned.

Play Majoras Mask

Majora's Mask is fantastic, but its too weird for a newcomer to the franchise. Its probably the most artsy, least conventional Zelda game. He should play it safe, and check out Wind Waker or A Link To The Past or something.

I don't think you understand why Citizen Kane is regarded as the greatest movie ever

when we talk about music we're not considering classical because it's worlds apart from 20th century music
> Its the end-boss of literature as far as most people are concerned.
yeah, maybe if you only consider english language literature

nah we cannot all agree, at least half have +10 points just because of nostalgia

We can agree that those are the autistic high points of each of those mediums, yes.

le floating camera is just as much special effects as it is cinematography
the narrative is paper thin because of the crawl it puts you through, while other films have made more well rounded advances that will stand the test of time
your first point is fair enough
I'm really curious what contenders there are from other languages.

Hahahahaha no you stupid nigger

Someone else inform this ape

I can't hear anything you say when you have Welles' dick in your mouth

don quixote, divina commedia, os lusíadas, à la recherche du temps perdu, goethe's faust, the brothers karamazov ... only considering one work of each language

It must be exhausting for you, having to fight off the constant female attention you get all day

jesus you know quite a few languages

the dude is just fucking talking about something he likes kill yourself you dickhead

I get the "lol virgin gamer" point you're trying to make, but women love Zelda, probably more so than men.

how do these threads STILL bait people

Or just reads translations. Sure, potentially loses some of the original meaning or emphasis but all of the titles mentioned are top tier and likewise their translations follow suite

How would you order these if you were to order them by least lost in translation to most lost in translation, given the best translations?

Personal list

>Book
Notes From the Underground by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
>Comic
Don't read comics
>Film
Apocalypse Now
>TV Show
Deadwood
>Album
As pleb as it is, I'm inclined to agree with Pet Sounds
>Videogame
Don't know tbqh

i read all of them in the original language, except for russian
that's a good question... excluding russian, as i do not speak it, i would try and read spanish, italian, portuguese and french on a translation to a latin language of your choice
german (and russian too, probably) loses a lot when translated to another language because of its grammatical structures giving so much meaning and being so different from english, for example

>Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Do I really come to a board with people with such a shit taste as you?

you're so smart user

Have you seen Tarkovsky's Stalker? It seems like you might really like it if you haven't.
What's the matter with Dostoyevsky?

The chess metaphor is such utter fucking trite it's not even funny.

The Wire is pseudo intellectual horseshit.

Sure they do :^)

wow user, you're so good at picking cherries

>Books
Correct
>Comics
All Star Superman
>Film
Stalker
>TV Show
Twin Peaks
>Album
Out to Lunch
>Videogame
Hahahaha! Yeah, right!

out to lunch is the best but black saint is besterer

>founder of existentialism
>not a legitimately intelligent and talented author

You fit into one of two camps
>somebody who's so far entrenched in post-modernism that they take existentialism lit for granted
>somebody who's a pretentious twat who doesn't recognize existentialism or post-modernism as legitimate and pretends as if philosophy and storytelling died with the Greeks

Google "zelda fan" and it's on the first page of google images

no joke

step up you fat slob manchild faggot

If you choose to read translation, it's going to depend a bit on which edition you choose. If you can swing Oxford Press (or if the print exists) then they tend to translate to fulfill intent and tone so ++. The same can be more or less said for Penguin.

The best translations are going to be:

Don quixote and The Divine Comedy,

Good tier:
Faust and Brothers Karamazov (although I recommend a familiarity with Dostoevsky prior to reading ie. The Gambler, Crime and Punishment)

The translations (presumably english) for perdu and lusíadas are not bad by any means but the original writing of Perdu is legit worth reading even if you don't understand the language. Lusiadas translation is probably the most rough

>Ulysses
Not even Joyce's artistic high point desu

>>founder of existentialism
how can he be the founder of existentialism if kierkegaard predates him?

Watchmen is for capeshit readers that want to seem open-minded but aren't ready to read anything that isn't capeshit. At least post Maus

>hasn't read Dostoevski
>visited /lit/ once

that was a shit troll but good one user

learning a couple of latin languages never hurt anyone but i agree with you user
translating portuguese is very difficult, i have never seen a good translation of portuguese literature

are you picking the iliad over the odyssey for any other reason than to be contrarian
this is flacid bait

>Kirby Air Ride

My fucking nigga.

Existentialist literature, as in fiction. Should've clarified I guess.

Melee is the best vidya of all time and Arrested Development is the best show of all time and the rest don't matter

i like both but hectors body being dragged took it to another level for me

was gonna put x files but it fell off later down t he line while brba was more consistant even though it had its fair share of bad moments

shitposting with Sup Forums during its run was great

what translation was it?

ok taste (i loved kirby as i kid lmao)
desu i wouldn't count homer as "literature" because it is miles apart from the construction of literature as an art as we understand it today
>yawn

>book
brothers karamozov

>comic
nah, i heard watchmen was good though

>film
rear window

>tv show
i heard sopranos one ups breaking bad in some regards, but breaking bad is my choice. although, i prefer comedy for the tv medium. All the breaks in narrative in tv hurt the cohesiveness for more serious shows (for me, at least).

best tv comedy is arrested development

>album
astral weeks & blonde on blonde are probably the most universally acclaimed

>videogame
super smash brothers

Wild strawberries is good but no way GOAT
otherwise, youre pretty on point. Quixote is THE fuckin novel

why are only serious tv shows rated as the greatest ones?

seinfeld and arrested development can easily compete with the wire and the sopranos

Arrested Development is shit. Seinfeld is great though.

>Arrested Development is shit
Why? I think it's a pretty good show.

>dark souls

>not Gravity's Rainbow
>agreed
>not Seven Samurai
>not Cowboy Bebop or NGE
>not King Crimson or Loveless
>not Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, or 3