How old were you when you found a passion? When did you know what you wanted to do in life?

How old were you when you found a passion? When did you know what you wanted to do in life?

18 year old confused fag here, really has me doing some deep thinking on these quiet lonely summer nights.

Fucked up in school and not graduating until next year, it's really depressing feeling knowing everyone you grew up with is moving on to bigger better things when you can't even graduate from a public high school. Spent most of my entire life just playing videos games and as a result I have nothing to show for, life's practically passed me by. This girl, let's call her Cynthia, best friends in 5th grade, lost connection until this year when she ended up working at a papa johns by the grocery store I work at. She's starting Stanford in September, this girl who I use to draw stupid pictures in fifth grade and laugh about is now starting Stanford, and once she leaves in September, I'll probably never see her again, what the fucks wrong with me? Why is everyone able to find something they like and move on for the better?

I'm so fucking scared Sup Forumsros, I have no idea where to start, all I know is I have a year to get my shit togeather, and I know I'm a piece of useless shit, it just fucking memorizes me how these people I grew up with already have it all planned out. I want to make something out of myself, but don't know where to start.

Any advice would be nice

Also personal stories would be greatly appreciated too.

Other urls found in this thread:

keyclub.org/home.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

protip: 80% of people who go to college want to kill themselves for the amount of debt they put themselves into.

Once you graduate you will realize how much of a joke the "real world" is. Nobody gives a fuck what you're doing or where you're going, literally. LITERALLY nobody gives a single fuck about you. The only one making up this "useless piece of shit" stuff is you. Because you're the only one who cares about you. I guarantee these people you talked about in your post don't give a shit about where you're going or what you're doing after hs in 1yr/less.

Think of it this way. Who do you give a fuck about? A few friends? Pick like 5. Your squad is all you will fucking have at the end of hs. You don't get in the blue costume and shake some old white dudes hand whom you've never seen before and magically get blessed with adulthood. If I had ANY advice for you to follow: get a job and start ACTUALLY putting away some fucking money.

There's not a worse feeling in the world than actually feeling good / having motivation to do ANYTHING / pursue something you care about than not being able to do said things because of $$.

In the real world, nobody gives a flying fuck about each other. The people you grew up with don't have shit planned out. Going to college is like another 4yrs of Hs and if you have no goals or dreams there's litearlly no reason to go.

It is, in some sense, quite literally a daycare for people who don't have any actual goals. I wouldn't give a flying fuck about college until I knew 101% what the fuck I was going for, and what EXACTLY my goals were.

Without goals: you will live the rest of your life in apathy and die alone.

Can you maybe give me an example of how you get by? What did you do right after high school and how'd you prepare for it?

the best route I can clearly see right now is saving for the future, try to find a job as a vendor, move in with a roommate, and whatever's after that I'm not sure

>life passed me by
>18

stopped reading here, dont be a faggot. School is only really there to condition you to think the way they want you to. Get your shit together get a GED and you have plenty of time you faggot.

>"life has passed me by"
>you're 18

I'm only 21, and I felt the same way at your age, but 18 is young. Life hasn't passed you by, it's only starting. Graduate, then do college if you want or work if you want. If you don't love your work, get a hobby. You still have plenty of years fam. Protip: nobody at your age or even mine has it figured out, we just pretend to. I happen to want to get a degree so I went to college, but if you don't want that than do your own thing. Do what makes you happy, that's what matters.

I meant that in a different context

I meant that, in middle school and earlier in high school, I would find it weird these kids were taking these clubs and stupid classes like Spanish or key club, when in reality they were just meeting the recommendations of whatever school they were trying to get into, they had to have something figured out then, all while I was jacking off and playing xbox

I actually find that pretty comforting user, thanks

Dont be so worried about it man, no employer in history has ever cared if you were in Spanish Club in school or not.

There are always alternate routes to higher ed, dependent on where you live its just up to you to get the drive and balls to seek them out.

Higher education and white collar shit might not even be for you, try a trade, see if you have any skill with your hands, you can make shit loads of money like that. Enlist in your armed forces maybe, there is always stuff open to you if you aren't lazy or retarded.

Wait... what? Europoor here (baguettefag to be specific), isn't spanish/german required? Don't you have to take one of them? And aren't you supposed to take latin and/or greek?

Also muh trips...

What the fuck is a key club?

Some people find their "thing" later than others

In the mean time don't burn out because before you know it you'll have fucked up and wasted your life

Don't obsess on other people's success and don't be salty about it

Go out into the world and experience shit dude

Also make sure to wear a rubber worst thing for or someone in your position to do is start procreating

If he's from the us he likely did not have to learn a second language.

I was wondering this too

You'll figure it out

Ah thanks for clarifying.

Found something interesting, get in here faggots:
keyclub.org/home.aspx

Key club is basically volunteer work for credits, where I'm from your required to have I think around 2-4 hours of volunteer work to graduate recommended.

I'm 26, still living with my mom AND only have an Associate's Degree in fucking Liberal Arts.

Kids years younger than me are coming back home with their Master's and Bachelor's in comparably worthless degrees from "good colleges" and starting jobs just above minimum wage.

You can do whatever the fuck you want, in the end; nothing matters.

I know it is scary as shit. I didn't know what I wanted to do until long after college ended. I'd say most people are like that.

It sucks that you are a year behind, but ... not really. in a few years no one will give a shit.

You have a long time to "get your shit together", but if I were you I'd just focus on doing your final year. hit a CC or college after that, and see where it goes.

Fear is perfectly natural - but it works itself out. It's a really hard time being 18 and all that shit.

Pretty much sums up all my game design buddy's

they go to some trade school to learn game design ( art institute etc )

Same boat my friend.

Guess I should've added that if it's success he is looking for, knowing people is the most important thing. Lost count of how many derpy kids from high school went on to get good jobs because of their social connections.

Your best bet is to find something within the realm of one of your passions and start at the bottom, work your way up the chain and don't let go when it rattles.

I wish you well, no light at the end of the tunnel makes the journey kinda fucked. Good luck man.

i was like 12, but i didn't commit until 20

my story
Live in australia, didn't like school so i left when i was 17 years old and started an electrical apprenticeship which takes Four years to complete.

While i was doing that i was partying with my mates, having fun, i was earning terrible money but that's just what apprentices do, get paid below minimum wage and work hard.
I had fun though, i didn't know if i wanted to be an electrician forever, but most of the time i was learning and working felt good having some money felt good.

I finished my trade when i was 21 and went traveling with my younger brother, ( he was 19 and didn't know what he wanted to do either ).

When i got back i went into full time work, which was good until i realized that i was just going to be doing this job for the net 40+ years of my life. i got scared, like i'm going to have to bust my ass, monday to friday for 40+ years.

I felt smarter then the other sparkies and my supervisors so i enrolled for uni when i was 23 years old.

Now i'm studying electrical power engineering.
And i'm loving it.
There is no way i could of went to uni after highschool, i just wasn't interested but now i'm enjoying uni.

TL;DR do something. stress less, hang with your squad a lot, don't get a girlfriend

how old are you?

I was in 4th grade. I wanted to make video games.

I work as a software developer for a software company, and in my spare time I do video games.

Worse some local community college
That specializes on graphic/game design
Yea it's always good to have connections
Anf not just for weed

Where's that follow you dreams lawnmower gif when you need it

This fag here, Personally I had a contact at a Little Caesars in 2014 where I am still at today. My mom knew the owner so I got a pretty easy interview. If you've never had a real job, getting a job in ANY food industry is so fucking easy it's not even funny. If you look, I guarantee you will find "help wanted" signs around your city.

The main thing about hs is that it's literally only what you make of it. Some people abuse it by learning a lot, others dont really give a fuck. In the end, nobody gives a shit about your GPA unless you're going into a STEM field. In college, that shit matters a lot *if* you want to pursue something that requires a lot of education prior. For most general management jobs even, none of that shit matters in the slightest. Pizza joints are the easiest shit in the world. Go get hired and get a 20hr/ week job going. Save that money and buy a car, don't, DONT, spend 260$ a month on fast food like I do. That's how you waste time and end up not moving onto shit you're actually interested in.

It's all a giant fucking game. And unless you're willing to kill some people and deal a lot of drugs, you play the game slowly or quickly. Slowly = working little hours kind of walking through life
quickly = working your ass off NOW so that by this time next year, you have some money in the bank, and whenever you stop being apathetic about life, well, now you can start.

this fag has it figured out. In the end, stress less and chill the fuck out. Make some money, do whatever you want.

If you want to make a change in the world or just have a moderately successful career in a complicated field, you need to start working now towards it.

Watch: Alan watts- what if money was no object

He was a professor and did vocational guidance at Harvard I think

:)

I was about 9. Fucking around with spare computer parts lying around for a while and actually achieving interested results sparked my interest. Hasn't subsided since.

Yes

OP here

I'd like to thank everyone for sharing whatever knowledge they could offer, I'll probably screencap most of it just to read over for reassurance.

Thanks Sup Forums I should probably go to bed now

Night Sup Forumsros