Does Sup Forums enjoy the Eric Andre show?

Does Sup Forums enjoy the Eric Andre show?

RANCH

ME

Yes.

he's pretty rad

SNAIL DOWN

IT

you're kind of like a hoverboarder OP

Made me laugh harder than 90% of stuff the last few years.

Even without substances.

Why doesn't hannibal get his own show, where he's actually serious and extremely chill with his guests?

>he went to Juliard
Still don't understand how he got the adult swim gig

google can you show me this guys balls

looking forward to the new season

i think a hannibal show would be too chill. you need some andre to keep it off the rails

>that instagram pic with his dick out
that really takes guts

there is (was?) a hannibal show after he gained a bit of popularity. apparently it wasn't very good.

How did Tyler the creator get his own show?

He doesn't work as good unless he has someone to play off of

Anyone here watch Man Seeking Woman? It's fucking God tier.

He mailed the whole first season to them already finished

fuck I remember the first episodes of Loiter Squad. Shit was pretty good

It was horrible. The only good thing about it was the commercials.
>DICK PICS AND DICK PICS AND DICK PICS AND DICK PICS AND DICK PICS AND titty pics

No, he makes comedy for pretentious teenagers who think that acknowledging your inability to say something creative or funny is in itself creative and funny.

Tim & Eric mastered self-conscious ironic absurdity and unexpected satire. They have a genuine understanding of cinematic and television tropes and so were able to craft hyperbolic parodies because they knew the process. They knew which camera angles and audio formats to hit, which banal turns of phrase to accentuate, and which emotional reactions to inflate.

Conversely, Eric Andre smashes his set, speaks in non sequiturs, and asks the audience to laugh because it's difficult to see a punchline. It's not absurd so much as it's lazy. He takes excessive effort to let the audience know he doesn't care about the quality or cleverness of his program, demonstrating that he cares an enormous amount about their opinion. None of the humor in his show feels organic or unique; everything is completely fatuous and reeks of effort.

He's not Andy Kaufmann; there's no inside joke to be in on. He's simply not talented.

i think you're really undervaluing the show because he can't compare to the greats of alt-comedy, without acknowledging that he's not trying to make something bold or exciting.

To me, his show relishes, rather than languishes, in how non-spectacular it is. Sure, there are some real unfunny sketches, and lots of his non-sequiturs lack any joke, but it's really just a relaxed and pretty fun 11-minute comedy spot. It's more about the consistency of delightfully subverting expectations, coupled with Eric and Hannibal's charisma, that make his show worth a watch, even if there isn't much inherent value. The shtick doesn't really get old because there isn't any pretension, even the concept is just recycled from Space Ghost, it's just a showcase for some decently funny guys who have the opportunity to realize some nice bits because of their budget. I'm not going to say that he's anything extraordinary, or that a dozen other people couldn't make a show that's just as good or better, but coming into watching it expecting it to compete with Tim and Eric's maximalist universe or Andy Kaufman's sheer originality is a big mistake.

I LIKE CHEESE I LIKE CHEESE I LIKE CHEESE

Your criticism is based on the idea that he is making a statement or using his comedy as some form of pseudo intellectual humor.

The show is literally what you see: Eric Andre being stupid and making everything ridiculous. The show is hilarious because of this, because there is no rhyme or reason, it's just absurdity amped to 11. You are over analyzing the show to the point where you are criticizing by assumption.

bird up, worst show on television..

OP is probably Eric Andre

My favorite bit he did is where he ruined that entire subway car by pouring milk all over himself in front of people and bothering the shit out of them. It's not comedy unless someone's day is ruined haha.

No seriously this "let's take what Tom Green did and make it even more intrusive and obnoxious lol this is hilarious right?" shit is so bad.

YA BOOBAY
YA BOOBAY
YA BOOBAY
YA BOOBAY

Questlove, you're not in the house.

I've always wanted to get all the "We'll be right back." stills and have them as alternating desktops on my comp.

show is fucking great
hannibal's show was kinda funny, but it was the type of show that fit a 15 minute spot on adult swim and they tried to stretch it to be a 30 minute CC show

Yeah it was awful. Only good parts were Thundercat being the musical guest every single time, and Eric's guest appearance where they were joking about the show having shit ratings and being cancelled for sure.

if eric andre died tomorrow nobody would care. the show was trash...80% of adult swim is trash

Yes, every neckbeard here enjoys le so randumb xD adult swim

If you died right now nobody would care. Your life is trash and unfortunately you have to continue living it. I feel sorry for your mother.

Fuckin' manchildren ay

Poor hanni

go to bed eric, you dont reply back with the same insult.

I've been meaning to get into this since watching some funny clips from it last weekend.
That Morpheus rap kills me

SIR
SIR YOU BROKE MY LAPTOP
SIR YOU'RE MY LEADER
YOU'RE OUR LEADER

All I got was peanuts and pipizza man

WARP SPEED