I am a car salesman. Ask me things you want to know

I am a car salesman. Ask me things you want to know

have you ever fucked a car?

Yes. Also been fucked by one

pics?

Why do some car dealerships pretend not to lower their price?

im looking at a BMW and they wont budge from the 35,000 price tag.

what's the longest you have been without a sale?
are there lowballers and how do you deal with them?

Nowadays with internet pricing its perfectly possible they have the car listed for less than they own it for. Just depends.

I went like a week and a half before. It was depressing.
I tell all lowballers "how did you come up with that number" if their answer is thats just what I want to pay I try to bring them to the realm of reality. Sometimes they are just wasting time

how much is a 2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 AWD. 5 Speed Manual worth with 220k miles

500 bucks if you are lucky

Would a dealership ever sell a car at a loss?

I had a shitty salesman tell me he made a $300 commission on a $35,000 used Lexus. Such hogwash.

Its totally possible. At some luxury dealerships if a car is sold at a loss a salesman is lucky to get 300. Usually its 150-250

really?

Yup

2013 BMW 335is 335is 2dr Cpe RWD Coupe in Los Angeles

$35,980 I want the car, but i think its $6,000 too much.

Yes. Cars are sold at a loss regularly. Usually that amount is made back in the finance office

What do they pay you for comission?

>I get paid 15% of both front and back end gross.
Is my dealership ripping me off?

Kind of. Unless you have some strong unit bonuses
Check if there are comparable cars in the area. If they are priced around the same the price is fair

Would you let a nigger fuck your wife again?

What kind of mercedes is it in the pic?

Up to 33% front end.

CLS550

Depends which nigger

What do you make a year?

What kind of dealership do you work for/with

What's your bank card details?

Do you sell airplanes?

Proof all salesmen are cuckholds.

100k.
Luxury cars in Michigan

Do you get paid commission on extra services like OnStar? The reason why I ask is because I work for Verizon and when I'm trying to sell HUM that's what their obstacle is. Most of the time they say it isn't free but is part of their car payment but don't know how much it is.

We don't. Not sure how onstar works.

Why do folks buy mercs when the tend to have poor reliability?

Damn.... you know how annoyed I am with that answer?? Lol

My 2013 merc has been treating me fine

Because people with money to actually buy these cars realize you need to pay to play, and maintence costs are a small fraction of household income

2013 and on are good years for mercedes.

I work at Carmax and merc owners ALWAYS ask to have any sign of Carmax removed. They then proceed to put on merc front plates, mercedes dealer rear plate brackets, etc. Any idea why?

Let me clarify. We offer a service thats like onstar. And its 299 a year. We do not get paid on it. Im not sure how salespeople that sell onstar equiped cars get paid on that

Because buying from a Mercedes dealer is more upscale than carmax, and they dont want to let everyone in the service drive know that they wouldnt shell out an extra 2000 to buy an actual certified car

Also. Why sell cars at carmax bro?

I don't sell them, I do inventory and reconditioning.

Yeah. It's all about appearances. People want the "authentic merc" or they're so caught up in their own ego, like hurr durr I own a merc I'm rich. They rarely buy it because it's fun to drive.

You see some status symbol shoppers but it's usually on the lower end models. A lot of Mercedes-Benz customers are loyal to the safety, quality, and rich history of the brand

What's your opinion on modified cars other than the fact that modification lowers trade in.

Do what you'd like to your cars just dont expect us to pay you backwhat you put into it when you trade it in

can i have a free car?

Are you suicidal yet?

Sure. No payment for 45 days.

Nope. I love my job. Its simple

What is the most scumbag deal that you have made?

I dont make scumbag deals. I have sold really shitty cars for more than they are worth. But I try to go with the full disclosure route and let them decide how they want to proceed.

Fellow car salesbro here. Keking at the guy that can't believe his 220k Jag is only worth $500.

Are things really slow for you guys right now? We've been dead lately.

It has been a slow second half of the month.
What do you sell bro?
Who has been the dumbass customer of the month for you so far ?

Thank you for the not so shitty thread. No questions but just wanted to say thanks for answering everyone elses

Well... I'm the guy that everyone hates. Work at a buy-here pay-here dealership. So we sell used cars and not a lot of high end stuff.

Shittiest customer of the month is all the SSI lazy fucks that make $600 monthly and then are pissed that I can't sell them a car with a $350 monthly payment.

Someones gotta do the job! Hows the pay?

True. I love merc for it's heritage, and because their cars look and sound beautiful

It's okay. I make $80k yearly. In line to be GM hopefully by the end of the year. Should make $150k to $200k after that depending on sales.

Thats strong! Nice man. How many do you do a month?

What do you think about the CLA?

Well before the oil field fell off around here we were selling an average of 16 monthly. Now I think we're down to like 12-13. It's been pretty shitty.

Ready for dat raise for sure.

80k on 12 cars huh? You must be decapitating your customers ;)

Mwahaha! Again buy here pay here.

Average gross on financed deals is $5200. Average on cash is $3500. So yeah...

I'm off to lunch. Thanks for the thread.

The build quality isn't as high as other models, and it gets dragged for that. But you can spend 30k and get a loaded up honda accord or ford fusion with all the bells and whisltes like everybody else, or you can spend 30k and buy something that makes you feel passionate and successful when you drive.

Take care man. Sell something!

Quads!

Waittt waiitttt waitttt... My buddy said he gets 400$ a sale no matter the cost of the car. He works at some chevrolet place. Is he getting ripped off?

Quads of truth. I don't know how often you use the rearview mirror but it's super sloped and small. Also feels a bit cramped. That's my personal opinion though.

Depends. If he is in a competitive market where there are a lot of chevy dealers, a 400 flat commission is pretty damn good as long as the unit bonus is strong too.

Also chances are hes lying

Thats like the only chevy dealer within like 65 miles..

Also said he got some sign on bonus of 3500$

If the dealership is making large grosses on every deal then hes getting ripped off. Id have to see his payplan to confirm.

Unless he was a top sales performer at his last dealership he got no sign on bonus

What kind of discount can you get on a new benz?

Start at 4 and a half percent off MSRP

Really? Is that considered steep or normal in negotiating in the car sales world?

Not the guy you replied to btw

I want a prius, is it smarter to buy or lease?

Not OP: if you see yourself keeping it as a daily driver, buy it. Keep in mind with a lease, you'll be paying more. Whether that's ok is up to you.

Only lease if you have no intention of owning that car and see yourself moving to something else in a few years

You guys are pieces of shit. I was a porter for a few years and all of the salesmen were absolute narcissistic douchebags.

They'd joke around about ripping people off on interest rates, and "let me speak to my manager" consisted of having a cigarette or smoking a bowl.