I am buying 2009 Lexus RX350 for $16,000, with a 6-year financing. Should I purchase 4-year warranty for $5...

I am buying 2009 Lexus RX350 for $16,000, with a 6-year financing. Should I purchase 4-year warranty for $5,000 for this vehicle? The vehicle is 7 years old, and the warranty will cover basically until it's 11 years old. Your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac
tesla.com/model3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't do it op, I bought a used merc once and a used Audi once, they are never worth it, it will drain your dollars

Buy American cars or kys. Pontiac makes incredibly nice cars. Pontiac or Saturn. Also >inb4 Pontiac isn't American
Yes it actually is. We just have to import them from Australia because noone in the murica makes them. Therefore making America importheir own vehicles.

You're paying a lot of money for a 7 year old nothing special luxury crossover. You can find something much cheaper with similar if not more storage and capabilities for less money.

did you really just say he should buy a saturn? i would punch you in the gut if i could

That's way too much for an '09
The engine in those isn't anything special and the variable valve timing system will probably fuckup pretty quick if it's already not in the beginning stages of failure.

Way too much for a car that old, might as well buy new car

Would need to know the details of the warranty. Can't just say "warranty". I guarantee there is tons of fine print about what they don't cover.

Normally I would recommend NOT getting an extended warranty on a new car. Since the Lexus IS used and expensive to work on I might consider it. Especially if you can't do the repairs yourself. But read the warranty carefully!! Lots of them have so many loopholes they aren't worth the paper they are written on. Also how many miles are on the Lexus? You might already be covered on emmisions related items. If it has under 50k Id say no

>buying a 7 year old car
nigga wtf are you doing. you coulid get a fuckin model 3 tesla isntead

forgot pic of model x

Why not get something like a new Honda CRV for 23,000?

There are always the end of summer clearance sales where you can get crazy deals. They are usually in August. Most brands have great deals on leftover new cars. The only downside is that you can't pick any options. What they have in stock is what is on sale.

Production is massively behind schedule. Does OP have like 2+ years to wait?

He may want luxury. We're not all Jewish here.

>Saturn

>Production is massively behind schedule. Does OP have like 2+ years to wait?
uuh possibly. i hope they can open up another plant in china or something. i want to get model 3 bad in late 2017

Buying german cars isnt a smart thing if you want em to last. Japanese vehicles hold up pretty well. How much mileage is on the car tho is the real question. If over 70k, ask for lower price.

The Saturn Vue was crap
Lexus is a good brand but that seems overpriced

Get a used Lincoln MKT those are decently fast and look cool

Pontiac makes incredibly nice cars

WTF are you talking about? Pontiac has been dead since 2010.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac

If you can find out who owned it, how it was driven, and if it has a service record. Also, take it to a mechanic and have it inspected. Male sure you trust the mechanic and know they will do a thorough check. If it all checks out, as in no mechanical issues, defects, it's been babied and dealer maintained, then no, you shouldn't need to get the warranty. It may be 11 years old, but it's an 11 year old Toyota. Also research to see if there are any known issues with the model or open recalls.

do you have 35k?
tesla.com/model3

You're high on crack. Get a fuckin Jeep Cherokee for 5k and beat the shit out of it while you learn how to wrench on it. Why you would spend 16k on some pussy ass transvestite El Camino wanna be is beyond me.

I don't think you need the extended warranty. That is basically a Toyota. They last for ever. But if something does go wrong, you would probably be glad you did purchase it