Blimp thread

Blimp thread

10/10 thread

No its a blimp thread

im fapping right now... these nlimp have something sexual in their form

I prefer my airships RIGID, post zeppelins or get the fuck out

on a more serious note, I think rigid airships could come back as a kind of luxury cruise. imagine taking a 2 week long trip on one, the outside could be covered in solar panels to provide energy. only issue would be the amount of passengers you could fit on board, but I suppose you could just make them all pay extra.

Rigid airships are making a comeback with NASA, militaries and transport companies.

Rigid is the way to go, but with how heavy the frame is they need hydrogen, and we know how that goes. Plus solar panels aren't light. Not that I don't support this I just think it's unlikely to happen unless someone's willing to spend atleast 10mil

as they should be, rigid airships are fantastic.

solar panels are getting cheaper and lighter, it'll be possible in the future.

MODS

Damn I hope so. I've been building a small balloon thingy for a while and I want to make a blimp run off a steam turbine

Oh the humanity!

But seriously hydrogen is far bether than helium in that helium is finite, hydrogen can be made on demand, hydrogen has better lifting and is cheap, it's safe if contains correctly and out of decades of hydrogen airships only one caught fire do to safety errors.

ooh, post pics of your balloon thingy.

Airlander-640

I think my blimp has autism

Another view

Some fuckin sexy blimps in here

Sadly it's just some nylon sacs. I'm trying to build the rings for the rigid body out of aluminum singe strand wire but it's not going very well. I also don't know how to get pure enough helium to lift it, and hydrogen is too risky if I'm gonna use a live steam engine to run it

This is a blimp thread not whale thread

What size is it?

Also hydrogen is safe as long as the airship has little oxygen in the envelope and it's handled properly.

You can get hot air blimp but they arn't ridged.

With the lifting power of helium at 1.1 grams/L I think I'd use that instead of hydrogen, as helium is around 88% as powerful. I wanted to heat the whole thing with the exhaust from the turbine as well as head coming off the flame to help maybe. Something about 1 cubic meter should do what I want if my expected weight is correct (about 2 lbs