Recent Underrated Flicks

What are some films from the past handful of years that you liked but don't get too much attention?

Pic related.
It was good.

Boring and pretentious. A parody of genre movies nobody buy Clooney gives a fuck about. Seeing it in the theatre, all I could think when it was over was how the fuck did this get a wide release.

Ayn Rand was on welfare when she died.

>Ayn Rand was on welfare when she died.

Israel actually has a serious problem with welfare today. Multi millionaire orthodox Jews on welfare is eating into the state budget big time

Interesting.

What are some films you DID like, user?

>boring and pretentious

George Clooney, the director's career

He didn't direct The American though.

Oh, well, still applies considering his other films.

Thekla was great in this

I had to watch The American like three times to get through it. The first half hour or so is nice but it gets old pretty quick. The entire thing seems more like Clooney's loveletter to his adopted country than anything.

Head fuck sci-fi from the writer of starship troopers. Literally no fucker watched it. Great movie.

Band of Robbers

Headhunters

Saw it on Netflix years ago, solid thriller. Have to read subtitles FYI since it's from Norway or something

This. The short story it's based on is good too.

>What are some films from the past handful of years that you liked but don't get too much attention?

Dredd
John Wick
Jack Reacher
John Carter
Treasure Island (2012)
Ninja II: Shadow of a Tear
Riddick
The Salvation (2014)

Michael Clayton > JCVD >>>> The American

I remember seeing this in theaters and thinking afterwards that it was going to be nominated for a bunch of oscars. It never was and I'm not sure why. It's a fantastic movie, I'd give it a legit 9/10.

All I saw of this was just some ads with the roof top jump scene. Thought it was a drama with one stunt. Didn't realize it was a horror movie.

Was too 'racist' to get more money for promotion.

It was a solid thriller and Pierce Brosnan and Olivia Williams were fucking great as not-Tony and Cherie Blair figures. Such a foreboding atmosphere to it all..

Bump