youtube.com/watch?v=Yf_Lwe6p-Cg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

kiddies

plebs

get out

why do your earbuds look angry?

how are they?

CAUSE THEY MAD GOOD

I'm actually wondering, are there any drastically better closed headphones then the M50X?
Or if I really want good headphones do I have to go for open?

ATH M30x

Not under 200.

My newest pair

DT 990's

open backed is p nice

400?

Some prefer the sound signature of the Beyerdynamic DT770

HiFiMan HE400
Sennheiser HD650
Fidelio X2

Best 3 of their price range

bump

aaa

Tascam TH 02

Asking /hpg/ was a great idea.

I don't even have an iPhone, I have a S4 mini.

If you actually bought into the Audio Technica or Sennheiser meme I feel real bad for you.

c
o
m
f
y

What's wrong with Audio Technica and Sennheiser?

rec me iems that sound good, are comfortable to wear, and have a cord that tucks into shirts without snagging. i don't want to spend too much but i understand that i'll probably get what i pay for.

i have these at the moment and they sound nice but aren't the best for walking around with

mah nigga, got purplehearts tho

AKG K7xx are my headphones I use with my DAC on the computer.

Audio-Technica M50x for laying around the house listening to music.

Shure Se215m+ for out in public and while I lay in bed.

Look into Shure SE215. They are really nice and pretty comfortable imo.

just got a set of m50x, first real cans over $20 my god they are bliss and I picked them up for only 90.

m50s are ok as gateway drugs

The ultimate 'Fuck You I Like Them' thing you can wear. Literally everyone who looks at them, wishes they were you, wishes you would die, or wishes Apple would die and you would die. Yeah, I spent 250 dollars on these. Yeah I could have bought M50x and a pair of Nike Airs. I already got Nike Airs college student dipshit.

Bitch, I am getting good fucking sound, across a football field, for 30-50 hours and all in sexy-ass gloss black. So, kiss my ass Sennheiser or Bose or Audio Technica from Sweden or some shit, this is Trumps America. Not Germany, not Europe, these cans are imagined by a black man and engineered by motherfucking Apple in Cupertino, California and made by broke ass third worlders. The American Way.

Now get out of my American Way I am wirelessly jamming to Danny Brown and picking up my latte.

How do they sound? I'm a poorfag so I wouldn't understand the hate they get and they sounded fine in a store demo for a minute.

Well different user here but I have a pair as well, I have the sort of tan beige color with wood finish, besides appearances, they have a ALL around in my opinion balanced sound perfect for most musics, games, home entertainment, or whatever occupational dilly dallying you may be doing. Overall for the price tag I'd give them a 8.5/10, having open end headphones does have its drawbacks, even more if you're not in a dead silence environment. I'd recommend them for anyone on somewhat a budget but doesn't want to jeapordise any home listening experiences.

Oh I am well aware, been eyeing the sennheiser HD558 to get some open backed into my life.

Fucking get on my level.

Too bad the cable is too fucking flimsy, though. It's only been a year since I've bought them and I need to replace the cables for a 2nd time.

I never understood why you'd want a flat, reference sound if you're not making you're own music.

That's right fags, my headphone setup cost me $6,500 (with proper amps).

Suck my dick, I deserve it ok.

Just got these on sale in June, glad I didn't buy into the sennheiser veil meme. My old HD595s seem muddy as fuck to me now, though

So I got a tune amp with a headphone jack and I was thinking about picking up a pair to see how it sounds with headphones. Need a recommendation though. Anything 8 - 32 ohm.

It's probably 3% better than an $800 setup

hi

i use a $30 pair of sennheisers and their the best i ever had

they broke now tho

what should i buy i got the money i want noise cancellation and loudness?

Wrong.

You don't have the ears to appreciate it.

i'd bet all the money in my wallet I have better ears than you

Well, nice coincidence since I've been thinking about buying this model. One question: is there a need to buy some good soundcard for these to not play like shit or is my standard PC with integrated soundcard able to handle it?

sennheiser hd 598 or audio technica m50x

gonna be buying one pretty soon

what do you guys think?

Sennhesier HD 700. TubeMagic D1 DAC/AMP. SO GOOD.

do you recommend it and does it have noise cancellation / how loud is it

Nothing, he's a moron. Audio Technica make the most level headphones around, with the truest sound.
t. working sound engineer

Easy to talk online when you're wrong.

You're talking out of your ass.

I'm a sound engineer/designer you idiot.

It depends what headphones you're coming from. I came from the Sennhesier 650s. The bass is sharper and more succinct and the treble is leagues better. But it still isn't worth ~$450 for an upgrade like that.

If you're coming from lower end headphones, I could not reccommened these enough. The sound stage is incredible and sometimes so good that it makes me want to cry.

They are open end headphones, so no noise cancellation. This provides the best sound possible. If you don't buy an amp, they are loud enough, but I don't suggest doing that.

Enjoy paying 3 grand for headphones that aren't comfortable.

The HD650 really aren't that "flat" sounding. They're pretty even handed in the grand scheme of things, but they're definitely a little bit on the dark side in the treble and have a mild hump in the midbass. The midrange is nice and straight-line, though, which is really what you want.

What I'm getting at is they're definitely not a critical listening monitor headphone or something, they're first and foremost made for listening pleasure. They just do so without resorting to nigger bass or retarded treble spikes. Some of us like things pretty balanced sounding.

they're only 50ohms impedence so should sound fine

Does anyone here mod their headphones? I have some akg k240's and I want to pimp them out

Are the HD700s good at all?
No one ever seems to recommend them.

They're HD800: Lame Edition.

If you want that kind of analytical sound either go all the way and get the HD800 or just get DT880 instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yf_Lwe6p-Cg

Correct.

There's really no reason to go much beyond Sony MDR's. After that, headphones return diminish massively.

Guy with the 6500.00 setup is probably trolling, but even 10% of that could be used to build a speaker setup that crushes ANY headphone on the planet.

>huge ear pillows
>not comfortable

stay mad poorfag

>headphone setup

Those are ear speakers, fag.

>Half a fucking kilogram weight and shitty headband padding
>Comfortable

Stay cucked audiophaggot.

A reminder that if you don't exclusively listen to flac your headphones are a waste of money

>flac

Doesn't mean anything.

Any audiophile worth his weight in speaker cable should be buying the best masters available, no matter the format.

>he doesn't rip his CDs to 24 bit

LOL, PLEBS.

>flac

since you like bait so much, pic related

>Grado

Haha, oh man I forgot about those. Probably the most meme headphone line of all time. SR60 are good for the price if you fancy the sound signature, but people the PS1000 and shit are probably the most full retard audiophiles out.

Thinking of buying these for portable listening
Anyone here tried them? Loads of good reviews
I don't care if they make me like an autist

People who buy*

HD 598 Cs still have xboxhueg leakage. Refunded the next day.

As long as you're not overpaying they're genuinely good for what they are.

I have pic related (Sennheiser PX100ii) which are kind of just a somewhat better, somewhat more expensive headphone in the same vein. I'd recommend either heartily, they're both classic super-portable, open on ear workhorses that will smash the shit out of earbuds without taking up much more space (they both fold up, the senn folds up more compactly, though).

My recommendation is to go for the senn if you have the extra money. Can't go wrong with the Koss, though.

I've had a pair for like 10 years now. I like them for the $25 I paid for them, but you could do better for the price now that they sell for double that.

Sup Forums, who are supposed "music fans," need to further embrace audiophilia.

Since the Chins is filled with young and "tech savvy" people, it boggles my mind that you faggots have little problem dumping 2K into a gaymin PC to experience high fidelity of shitty games, but skimp on audio equipment.

Audiophile starter guide:

Headphones. Only should be used as a last resort if your living situation demands it. Completely inferior in every way to speakers (even micro-detail resolution). Speakers in "bad rooms" also trump headphones. Makes no sense that the children over on Sup Forums have Headphone generals daily but speaker discussion is rare. Makes me think everyone there must live in a fuckin' shoebox.

Your favorite slav torrent sites and private trackers likely won't have the best masters of music available. So yep. Time to spend more money and invest in a SACD player and then seek out MFSL, DCC, DVD-A, and Blu-Ray Audio versions of the albums you want.

More speakers. Needed for the variety of great 5.1 mixes out there. I can't take anyone seriously as a "music fan" who hasn't heard something like Vespertine in 5.1. And for classical fans, nearly anything you can think of has a 5.1 mix.

This should get you started. Good luck.

Stand back

all hail dt770
king of headphones

While hardly the best thing out there, as a sealed headphone for home listening you did quite good at the price. Much better than the m50 for that purpose.

Dt770 a best

This. Grados actually use the same drivers across their entire range, from their cheapest to the $1000+ ones.

THERE'S A HURRICANE COMIN THROUGH

see

MSR7 BROS

Please r8

10/10 choice.

lol kys you smug fag

pshshsh $156 fuck off

>these cans are imagined by a black man
this is unironically the reason why i disrespect Beats owners. if it's not from America and totally white, what's the point?

I've had a pair of Koss over-ear headphones for about 3 years now. They sound great, but the plastic on the cushions has been flaking, and the glue holding them in place is visible and starting to flake off as well. I would post a pic, but I've long forgotten the model number, and I recall not being able to find an Amazon page or even a listing on the Koss website when I did have it. I might look to replace them in the near-future, but until then, as long as they fit on my head then I'm fine. Ideally I'm looking for something in the $20-$30 range- I was looking at either another pair of Koss or maybe the Sennheiser HD 202 II.
>$20
I know, but I've been told that college is a very worthwhile investment.

I got the Sony MDR1000s yesterday half off. Best $300 I've ever spent.

Retard

AKG K553. Pretty solid pair of closed back headphones, just wish they had a detachable cord.

For earbuds I use the JVC FXT-90, they're fucking awesome.

fun thing, my headphones broke literally 20 minutes into the new year. what a way to start the year. now i have to use my shitty earphones till the good ones come out of warranty

I have been thinking of buying these. Anyone have experience with them?.

>2017
>Giving Marshall literally any more money ever
Don't do it user, there's better headphones for a similar if not cheaper price.

these are my budget headphones

Are there any good sounding earbuds for under 250$?
I want something I can carry around that doesn't sound like garbage.

Uncomfortable for me.

I don't care about your hateboner for big corporate investments. I just need some good headphones in terms of sound quality and durability for a reasonable price.

There are loads of better headphones for that price range and cheaper.
Audio Technica isn't a meme. Look into those.