Us regions thread

new one of these threads

post which one of these is your favorite region and why, pictures are welcome, however meme opinions are not. as well, i am taking suggestions for any changes or fixes to the map i should make

this map is based on cultural similarities between states, it it not based geographically, despite the naming of the regions implying it

non amerigans are invited to share regions of their own country

Nah dude your socal region is way off

ill start

chicago, specifically midwest

im biased because im from here but we have nice architecture and the >CHICAGO=BAGHDAD meme isnt really true outside of a few bad neighborhoods, but every city has those

Why does California have so many regions?

all of them are pretty different from each other culturally, california is sort of a microcosm of states

what would you suggest i change it to?

It extends too far north. Stop it where it around san loius obispo. Then bring it out more east, closer to the border

Fuck i cant type.

Its* around

Luis

bump

pls participate in my thread

is this better?

I have to agree with this one. Chicago might have its share of problems, but it's my city goddamnit.

Other than that the Pacific Northwest and Northern Midwest are pretty cool.

>Chicago
>a few bad neighborhoods

It's like half the city my dude. Just because you never go south of the loop doesn't mean it ain't there

Kentucky and Tennessee are not part of the Midwest. The region you labelled the Midwest should be the Great Lakes

Montana isn't in the Midwest either

True, but the sheer amount of segregation is incredible.

I know it isn't, but I can't really think of a fitting name for all those non-mountain northern border states that isn't some variation of midwest

Interior Northwest maybe?

It's often called the inland west

Another option would be to extend the Great Lakes up through northern minnesota, and then have the current northern midwest changed to northern/upper plains

so something like this maybe?

forgot to label

forgot pic as well evidently

where exactly are you from?

chicago

>map is based on cultural regions
>The Northeast has a giant border-dick sticking into NY

the appalachian mountains extend into new york

if it's based on cultural regions, then why is geographical region relevant

because sometimes the geographical region is what defines the cultual region

yeah, im quite sure upstate new yorkers identify as appalachian hill people

nice to see you used my suggestion of the Great Basin and Rocky Mountain region names

More like the Pacific Northbest right guys

As someone from New York City who often travels upstate: yes. Yes they fucking do.

there is a small part of upstate NY that is much more closely related culturally to pennsyltucky than it is to the rest of upstate ny, which is much more similar to new england until you reach places like rochester, buffalo, and syracuse

updated map by the way
changes:
>populated areas of minnesota brought back into the midwest
>rest of minnesota stays in the northern midwest
>midwest renamed to great lakes
>northern midwest renamed to great plains
>southern peripherals renamed to southern rim

forgot pic again goddamnit

are those hops vines or grapes

bump

Santa barbara county should be included in the central coast, cali is 10/10 accurate otherwise, can't help with any other regions

Bump

orly?

>florida
This map is too realistic