King Crimson=Comus > Genesis=ELP > Pink Floyd > Yes >>>> Rush
how can you even argue against this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=woRhyl4k6sc
youtube.com/watch?v=auLBLk4ibAk
youtube.com/watch?v=LcQKjffxIOY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

oh wait, you literally cant

you're not wrong but what have you got against Yes?

Man, what is with Sup Forums and their massive hateboner for Rush?

most people hate rush tho

rush really fucking sucks
literally the worst kind of prog

No, they're not as fruity as Genesis or ELP

>fruity is bad
are you really going to sit there and tell me you wouldn't?
first a solid lay then he plays the flute for you
seems like a win win win

>Genesis
>above Floyd
pls

oh come on dude
Selling England by the Pound and Nursery Crime are miles ahead of anything those faggots Waters and Gilmour did

all shit

only annoying 14 year olds and 40 year olds like prog nobody else

epic post dude, don't you have a death grips thread to post in?

youtube.com/watch?v=woRhyl4k6sc
>tfw you'll never hear a king crimson influenced jimi hendrix

The songs are optimistic and light hearted. Sup Forums can't relate to good people.

no they don't

if that's the case, explain why Sup Forums like the beach boys

>rush is bad
I will never understand this meme

everybody just jacks off to Pet Sounds which isn't really a happy album

>if you dont like listening to a couple of boys stroking their penis to guitars and mellotrons you must be a death grips fan
wew

its normie prog
youtube.com/watch?v=auLBLk4ibAk
also I fucking hate his voice

>No, they're not as fruity as Genesis or ELP
Rush sounds wackyer/cheesier than Genesis

Much of what Rush did sounds like it belongs in an early 2000s cartoon about high school

>stroking off to guitars and mellotrons isn't the peak of music
do you expect me to take you seriously?

Maybe you're just a cynical asshole incapable of seeing good in anything.

pink floyd is infinitely more normie than rush. even then popular = bad is just another meme

disliking his voice is valid but you can at least concede that YYZ is a great song right?

theres a big difference in making a fantastic album that gets picked up by normies for le artistic cred and actively making digestible prog for normies. it's why yes got so shit towards the end.
I do think YYZ is alright but it lacks something, I'm not sure what but its just not for me

king crimson>pink floyd>>yes=genesis>>rush=elp
lol fuck comus

>rush above literally anything
>lol fuck comus
I can't take you seriously

can you imagine how prog would have sounded has this been around in the late 60s? we'd be on mars probably

>we'd be on mars probably
what did he mean by this?

Bump

You should listen to these bands. Jazz Fusion is beyond king crimson.

Jazzkamikaze
Impact Fuze
Animals As Leaders
CAB
Elektric Band
Hermann Szobel
Weather Report

>mfw I bought an original UK pressing of ITCOTCK for 52 cents at goodwill on Sunday.

I can't wait to scalp it to one of you nerds for 50 bucks on discogs.

>King Crimson=Comus > Yes > ELP > Pink Floyd > Rush >>>> Genesis

FTFY

it makes me laugh that there are people older than 18 - 20 who listen to prog

While we are talking about King Crimson;

Has anyone seen Bill Burr's show F is for family? I'm almost certain they made fun of king crimson throughout the first season. At one point they say a song name "in the court of the elven king"

King Crimson > The Mars Volta > Gentle Giant >Yes > Can > Genesis = Rush = egg > ELP > Porcupine Tree = most modern prog

And I wouldn't even call Pink Floyd prog....they're better than that

As far as musicianship is concerned:
Gentle Giant>KC>Van der Graaf>Camel>Genesis>Rush>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PF

Excuse me people. Check out these bands. The mars volta is child's play compared to Impact Fuze.

>caress of steel, a farewell to kings, hemispheres, etc.
>digestible prog for normies

>And I wouldn't even call Pink Floyd prog....they're better than that

Yeah this

They do have some prog moments like on Animals but its never overtly done

Magma > Henry Cow > Soft Machine > rest

Jethro Tull > everything else

Based on average peak-period album quality:

King Crimson > Yes > Genesis > ELP > Pink Floyd > PFM > Van Dear Graaf Generator > BMS > Jethro Tull > Gentle Giant > Renaissance > Camel > The Canterbury Scene > Rush

This better not disappoint desu

I think king crimson and rush are two different types of rad. Love them both.

(You) should just listen to it lol. It's not a secret. Good music. Talented artists should be recognized. Especially if I wanna be recognized one day.

Meddle > Any other album by any of these bands.

Impact Fuze is really incredible so far, thanks for the recs. Any more stuff like this? I hope they're going to release some new music eventually.

Nice.

Ok but how does King Crimson work?

Why does everyone overlook FM?

"most people"

Why Mr. Robert looks like a math teacher?

TO LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

I'm not a huge King Crimson or Prog fan but I'll admit this record is fantastic

Yeah Pink Floyd never quite fit into prog overall for me. Some of their post-Barrett pre-DSOTM stuff is prog but they're a different beast.

Pink Floyd>>King Crimson>>>>>Genesis>ELP=Yes

I like Rush almost as much as I like Pink Floyd but I wouldn't put them on a list of prog bands, more like prog influenced hard rock like Hawkwind and Black Sabbath on their 4th-6th albums.

>Pink Floyd>>King Crimson
last time I thought PF to be the best prog band was in middle school

gentle giant = kc

>weather report
my african american

Comus was a one trick pony though, how can you even say this.

Why rank these bands specifically? The official big 6 of prog is King Crimson, Genesis, Yes, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, and Emerson Lake and Palmer. I rank them as King Crimson >>> Yes > Genesis > Jethro Tull > Pink Floyd > ELP

>genesis that low
I should have known your post would be awful tripfag
pink floyd is certainly psychedelic prog
also, genesis btfo rush and egg combined
good thing you posted the best King Crimson album with that dicey opinion
because they did their one thing and it was better than a lot of other prog
I don't like Jethro Tull but that's not really relevant. I appreciate their music but I would not ever put ELP below them

yeah, this
comus is good but not on par with kc

I also believed that in middle school and I still do now that I'm 26

because your mind is still that of an adolescent boy who thinks pink floyd is le greatest prog evarr :DDD

exactly

You're wrong though

Music is subjective, I've discovered many bands more obscure and musically complex since I discovered Pink Floyd in middle school but of the big 70s prog bands, Pink Floyd is still the one I enjoy listening to the most.

I miss his hippy-alpha-male look, now he looks like a cuck

I would be inclined to agree but it seems a bit fitting. He's always seemed like a bit of a nerd but a cool one

my man

tull never gets enough love in the prog threads. imo thick as a brick is just as good as any of the other prog masterpieces.

Libertarian retards (sorry for the redundancy).

Never heard of Comus, where should I start? They must be very good if they're that high up.

Rush > ELP > Pink Floyd > King Crimson > Yes > Genesis

First utterance
Nice one dude really makes me think

How come no one ever mentions Mahavishnu Orchestra

youtube.com/watch?v=LcQKjffxIOY

Because it's jazz fusion, user.

ok

Lizard is the best King Crimson album hands down
fight me

I mean, I agree, but what a retarded comparison. Comus have absolutely nothing in common with those bands

They sound 10x more like King Crimson than Comus

Comus is just dark prog dude, you can totally compare them

Yeah, forget the fact they have a completely different approach to songwriting, and completely different instrumentation, come from a completely different world (folk rather than rock) and were only retroactively lumped into the prog genre.

indoor games is obnoxious, happy familly is fucking awful and all the lyrics are asinine
cirkus and lizard is really good though

Genesis = Yes > King Crimson = ELP > Gentle Giant > Jethro Tull > Pink Floyd > Rush > Mars Volta > egg

Haven't listened to Comus. OP seems to have p. good prog taste so I will check them out.

really activates my almonds dude
the lyrics make the album so great to me
they're just so whimsical

1. king crimson = pink floyd
3. yes
4. genesis = jethro tull = gentle giant
7. elp
8. rush

don't know where to place comus

Why does everyone rank ELP so low? They're quality prog if not a little bit wanky at times

Yes Impact Fuze is fucking incredible. They're not just some random band either. The musicians are top class.

Impact Fuze
Jazzkamikaze
Mahavishnu Orchestra
Hermann Szobel
BTBAM
Animals as Leaders
Elektric Band
Weather Report

That's progressive music. Sure, Pink Floyd use to be my favorite band. But music gets better. Don't think these old school bands are the best music has to offer.

damn

Fuck you, Genesis fruity is best fruity, don't compare it to the actual killers of prog ELP.

Please explain how ELP killed prog

Shitty technical studio flair wank and their stadium shows. It stopped being about pushing the limits of Rock music and became about Rock n Rollers whose only real virtues are that they could play in more time signatures than 4/4 and 3/4.
I don't know how a combination of three extremely talented people like them could produce such schlock.

I can appreciate that, I've always thought they were just okay as a prog band but thinking back on it, none of their albums have ever made a real impression on me other than "I could have used that time to do something else"

Zoo wee mama thats a hot opinion

it's a fact, not an opinion bucko

Maybe you can help me then. Ive been trying to get into jazz fusion for quite some time, and yes I enjoy it, in fact I was introduced to the mahavishnu orchestra awhile back by my dad and they were one of my favorite acts for quite sometime. However they never reached that level of being "fucking incredible" for me, but now I really wish they would. Where do I start from a more rockist perspective? I think half the fun of jazz fusion is the talent and improvisation, and that's not really looked at as a part of rock, but i guess entry level would be fine too. Where do i go?

Well, all those bands I posted are pretty good. I like music from a musicians perspective. I never experienced music without being a musicIan. I didn't listen to music until I was 14, same time I picked up the guitar.

>ELP ranked above Pink Floyd and Yes