Let's measure our peckers by seeing who has the biggest music collection

Let's measure our peckers by seeing who has the biggest music collection.

fugg ;---DDD

Mine's bigger

>streaming music
>acting superior

Oh no

Hey jesse

sup

impressive
vary nise

are you guys audiophiles, what's your thought on lossless?
>my opinions that they are nice but not a necessity.

i am a digital horder i only listen to like 10gb of it at most

>pirating/downloading music
>acting superior

Mostly these days I listen to classical guitar music.
I have 2 tbs of other music I'l, never get round to listening to.
Apparently there are about 10 million separate pieces of recorded music available to discover.
Ha.

I stream music + play cassettes and records.

160 gb + another 15 or so unpacked

>2tb HDD
>Windows 98

It's obviously just some linux theme

muh dick

I have nearly 700 gigabytes now.

$ find music -name '*.flac' | wc -l

:^)

I've got 3 terabytes of 60's pre-ambient
800 gigs of live recordings of this local band called the fuckerfucks. They played only 2 shows before breaking up but I had 11 redundant recording rigs all recording flac which I then layered over one another for 25,000 kbps bitrate.
8 terabytes of the beatles. No not THOSE beatles, the new beatles. They haven't recorded an album yet and technically they're not really a band yet but they're indie-gospel-post-funk-punk style is going to be huge when you guys hear their stuff in about 5 years.
4 petabytes of the Ethiopian Free Jazz wave that occurred in 1973 in a town called Wenji Gefersi.
18 terabytes of sound check recordings from the mid 90's band LFO. They only scored a hit with "I like girls (who wear abercrombie and fitch)" but they were way ahead of their time.
That's just my C: drive. I have 41 drives.

>mfw I don't even download Flac

>thinking you're supporting the artist and not middle men by using Spotify

There is basically no difference in audible quality between lossless and properly encoded, high bitrate lossy. But disk space is cheap so there's also little reason to download lossy files over lossless.

A benefit of downloading and maintaining a lossless library is that you can convert it to any lossy format you prefer whenever you want to for different needs like sharing or storing on portable devices with limited space.

How about buying your music on physical formats instead?

I love you friendo

Supporting the middle men gives artists a wider platform to gain new fans, pirating gives no one anything except you.
I listen to an artist on spotify, if I like them I buy the physical album/go to a show of their/buy some merch etc.

I would if I wasn't living in a third world country.

classic

They still have record stores in LA user.