Hey dudes, I'm 39 years old and my decaying radioactive batteries are still powering a signal to you guys...

Hey dudes, I'm 39 years old and my decaying radioactive batteries are still powering a signal to you guys. It takes 15 hours before you get them, and another 15 hours before I get a response. My batteries are ebbing. I feel tired.

I've shut down my non-essential systems (optical camera, etc) as theres nothing to see anymore. I'm just sniffing the heliosheath and firing data back via my 70's circuits. Have you ever smelt what interstellar space is like without solar influence? It smells cold, like theres nothing there. The solar wind doesn't keep me warm anymore. I'm picking up bits of interstellar snuff, but it's not from home.

There are some people who are catching my signals with some huge radio dishes, we exchange radio pleasantries. They are saying are things like 'rotate 170 degrees and realign with the sun'.I geoscopically rotate around until I align with the Sun. I need to make sure my dish is pointing homeward, I drift out of alignment occasionally. I respond with data about what happens when you leave the influence of the sun. I can still see it, but by now its a bright blob when I look homeward. I can't see anything I recognise anymore, its just a pin-prick of light in the darkness.

I'll be okay for a few years, but be assured, I've got a plaque on board that illustrates our best guess at conveying our existence to any intelligent system that might pick me up. If they do, by that time I'll be a lifeless hunk of metal.

Night guys, It's cold out here, but I'll carry on.

Regards, Voyager 2

youtube.com/watch?v=hQZfGa5t4e8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p86BPM1GV8M
kukuruku.co/hub/diy/diy-an-astro-tracker-in-two-nights?ModPagespeed=noscript
theskylive.com/voyager2-tracker
voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/where/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Godspeed, Voyager.

see you, space cowboy.

youtube.com/watch?v=p86BPM1GV8M

Get back to work

I want you to know that was beautiful..

Based on your course will you ever run into anything eventually, star, planet, nebula?

Epic win, OP

Salute, buddy. Keep sailing.

answer or you will crash into a space rock

I am heading in the direction of the constellation Telescopium. (To compare, Proxima Centauri, the closest star to the Sun, is about 4.2 light-years (or 2.65×105 AU) distant.

My current relative velocity to the Sun is 15.436 km/s (55,570 km/h; 34,530 mph). This calculates as 3.254 AU per year, about 10% slower than my sister, Voyager 1. At this velocity, 81,438 years would pass before reaching the nearest star, Proxima Centauri.

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY

Q_Q

I am trying to get to Canopus, can you give me some directions?

Keep going friend, we haven't forgotten you.
One day we'll send another to visit you, maybe even recharge or replace your batteries.
How have you been passing the time?

Not much has happened here, did you notice any others hanging around in your area.

I reckon anyone with the tech to pick you up will be able to revive you.
Here's a joke for you,

What is the same as a star?
Two stars.

ha ha

I look forward to your future work.

I didn't sign up for this feels trip

Godspeed space cowboy

I heard a rumor that aliens contacted you and said they want to come to earth to serve humanity

Good Luck you Glorious Bastard. We will come for you.

Clean your lenses and use your Stellar Cartography. Don't get your lenses messed up with interstellar dust, it will mess up your navigation.

Canopus is at 000 declination of −52° 42′ and a right ascension of 06h 24.0m, take a right at Miaplacdus and slightly up a bit

That was a misunderstanding, it was a cookbook.

Posting OC for you op.

kukuruku.co/hub/diy/diy-an-astro-tracker-in-two-nights?ModPagespeed=noscript

THANX MUCHO. I need to get ready for my trip

oc? you work on/near the JWT ? :ooo so jealous.

Spoken to your twin recently?

kek

Nice to hear from you, old bud. Don't worry, I'm still keeping an eye on you.

theskylive.com/voyager2-tracker

cheers buddy. That machine almost brings a tear to my eye.

Checked

if only!

We are both pointing our dishes at home, therefore we dont speak

Siblings, eh!

I know she's okay. We both talk home and hear about each others advetures:

voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/where/

It's a copy pasta tho, a good one but it's been posted many times before.

Feels were had.
Godspeed

What be that strange shore

fuck off space nigger

Io, moon of Jupiter.

We're so proud of you.

Lead us to the stars.

OP here: thats fuckin nice, what do you do?

Seeya space nigger

Just part of the marching army to launch.

Dear God. The things we have seen/ done thanks to the intellect of the white God like man is mind boggling.

Checked

Makes me sad to hear his voice now.

Whenever I read his books, I can hear his. I remember it better than my own fathers.

You have a fate that makes more sense than 99% of us