/grimes/

Discuss the queen of beats, Grimes!

What's next for her:
>Venus Fly music video
>Hopefully a new album: “I’m really vibing on making something really slow and gorgeous that just breathes, and has room to breathe. I feel like my work has always been fast paced, kinetic, and almost just manic and I feel like for me the hardest thing I can do is make something that’s slow and heavy. I’m so ADD in my work; I really want to push myself into something that would be slower and more reflective.”

Video of the day: youtube.com/watch?v=5xgl9gee7KY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k12xiZfRiqs
youtube.com/watch?v=yN2wGLfkfQc
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfshjAsRKumjek3rgVUB7TvzzMURspMie
dailymotion.com/video/x4k3593
youtube.com/watch?v=FJ5XUw4qHZo
clyp.it/24rbz1gu
youtube.com/watch?v=OZleB-xaNjk
vmagazine.com/article/an-insiders-look-at-grimes-new-video/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Grimes is a hack with a nominal amount of talent.

She's a hack (she knows little music theory) but a hugely talented one. Anyway, her music matters the most.

i would take a hammer for her

good girl

Slow Grimes is ass

I never watched any live Grimes videos before. How much am I missing out on?

A LOT. She is magnificent live.
youtube.com/watch?v=k12xiZfRiqs
youtube.com/watch?v=yN2wGLfkfQc

wow never thought grimes posting is so addictive

>How much am I missing out on?
A lot.

Her 3 best ones:
>FYF Fest 2014
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfshjAsRKumjek3rgVUB7TvzzMURspMie

>Glastonbury Festival 2016
dailymotion.com/video/x4k3593

>KEXP Radio 2012
youtube.com/watch?v=FJ5XUw4qHZo

It really is

>2014
In some interview she said she started screaming, I thought that meant for the song Scream. Was she always doing that live?

Reminder that the instrumental version of California is really awesome - clyp.it/24rbz1gu

No. Around 2013-2014 she started screaming live.

Minimalistic grimes would be great to me

just listen to anything she made before art angels

Yes, I want more of it
But i want haunting quite with more hamonies and less beats

>grimes hasn't released new music since august
>has terabytes of unfinished shit

She believes that stuff isn't good enough even probably it's some of her best music... :'(

I guess she didn't have that high of standards starting out
She should just trust herself

For instance she thought that Realiti was just a throwaway song, because it was easy to make for her. She could be wrong about her own music many times.

its also important to note that grimes is her project, if she doesnt want material on it, then its her choice.

as fans we only exist to support that endeavor.

Whenever I hear about songwriters claiming they made a hundred songs for an album and only 13 made the cut, I wonder if they bothered to make lyrics for everything. Do they churn out instrumentals then pick the one most suited for lyrics they've written? That would mean the unfinished songs couldn't be completed without coming up with appropriate lyrics, which sounds like it'd be the part requiring the most inspiration.

Artist just incubate the art and then release it to the world

knowing music theory is what makes you formula-copying hack, not the other way around

Most likely. Unless you're working from existing material (such as setting a collection of poems to music) that would be A LOT of additional work to do for an instrumental that doesn't really feel like it has anywhere to go to you.

> tfw grimes will never tie me up and toture me

I meant hack as a generic term (someone who finds a workaround despite the limited knowledge about the subject, though intuition + trial and error).

I meant hack as a generic term (someone who finds a workaround despite the limited knowledge about the subject, through intuition + trial and error).

I met Grimes at a fashion show, I asked her to sing Oblivion, she didn't. She was real uppity.

I got into Grimes when I was looking at a clip of Bronson on YouTube. The scene was where Bronson ties up some Art guy in prison and demands music. Some guy replaced the original song with Grimes "Oblivion" and I've been in love with her ever since.

Reminds me off the I met MC Ride in a supermarket, I asked him to yell GUILLOTINE in my face but he wouldn't. I don't why these musicians act so weird.

Why were you at a fashion show?

Link?

Nvm - found it.
youtube.com/watch?v=OZleB-xaNjk

Literally me.

Pathetic how british cops can't even carry guns

That's absolutely terrible.

>you're iin California and this girl walks up to you and says "Hey Faggit, Let's make some music"

What do you do?

play wonderwall on my meat flute

Why is relating to Bronson terrible?

Lady Grimes

I start dancing

Queen Boucher

I guess it's terrible in a sassy way. It's crazy.

But Bronson is based.

Totally

She's so damn ugly.

How do you rate Grimes as a video director?

Fresh.

She's a 9/10. Minimum.

not impressed...

Same crap, every single day. What is the purpose of this shit post?

What about ?

BTW watch the whole videos, not few seconds here and there like you most probably did.

How tall is grimes, 6 feet? She's a higher life form compared to most people.

I want to eat grimes heart and make her a part of me

wtf is that?

Like 5"5 shes a cute

I want to protect grimes with my life.

dude she's like 5'2"

I want to cuddle grimes

Im doing it user im sorry

truly the Lou Reed of our generation

I officially proclaim Grimes as MY waifu. All other claims to waifuism of MY waifu, Grimes are null and void. This is official and other anons cannot claim Grimes as a waifu from this point onward.

I wasnt a big fan of hers till the art angels album. Now i cant get enough

She is amazing

false

She's 165 cm.

Did you actually start to like her older work after liking Art Angels?

Really good. Obviously you have to be at least somewhat open to visual maximalism and non-linear storytelling in order to appreciate her work, but she obviously has a really good eye for basic fundamentals like composition and color. As well as knowing who/what to focus on at any given time for maximum effect. Would love to see what she'd do with something long-form on an actual budget - and perhaps not even music-video related.

oops

fight me

The Art Angels videos seem like they had a substantial budget increase. I don't know if she simply finds sets or has to decorate them herself. There's also that crazy car in Kill V. Maim.

seriously fuck you

Grimes pre-Visions is a meme. Vanessa is the exception that proves the rule.

How so?

What is?

5"5'. She's actually more on the tall side for a female musician desu (for whatever reason musicians - both male and female - tend to be either on the very tall or very short end of the height scale for their respective gender.) Imo most likely because of how young/skinny she looks people tend to assume that she is also really short when she's not. She also tends to be photographed either alone or in the company of men, so it can be hard to judge how tall she really is in comparison to other people like her.

Better to be ugly on the outside rather than on the inside like you desu.

>artist is called Grimes
>she doesn't make grime music

woooooooooooooooooow

MARRY ME MARRY ME CLAIRE PLEASE MARRY ME MARRY ME

R9k please, you're embarrassing.

she is making me embarrassing by her beauty

>not lavren

That's fine with me. I'm not the kind of pathetic person to use terms of endearment meant for Japanese cartoon characters to describe actual people desu.

Her name was inspired by that genre though

eww

Lauren is part of band. I love Chvrches too.

Don't hate Lauren, user. There's no competition, you could like both her and Grimz.

Ya we adore Lavern too. We are lucky to have great musicians like Lavren and Lady Grimes.

Location shooting. That, and better contacts for things like professional prop makers (the pink spawn mobile in Kill V. Maim was actually a retrofit of the Boucher family's former minivan):
vmagazine.com/article/an-insiders-look-at-grimes-new-video/

More great electropop to listen, nothing to complain about. I don't get this stupid attitude of many people that you should like just one artist (the best one) from a certain genre. There's room for many artists.

boring waifu

meow

Bow chicka wow ow

Oh man, after reading that and watching the video again I can't unsee a minivan. Still, it's a quality video production to have the means to modify a car and shoot over a (blue) green screen. It a step up from lip syncing at a motocross stadium randomly.

I

how is she so sexy without being sexy?

Her music is pretentious and she is a coal burner

still waiting for this to be answered

her purity is charming and arousing

Pure? Come on man you know that pussy is beat