Why was Painting With so shitty?

Why was Painting With so shitty?

be(be)cause(cause) they (they) did(did) this(this)

fucking plebs can't even appreciate the rhythmic aspects that hocketing brought to these songs.

Hi avey

the lack of Deak

it sounds awful

accurate

It's by Animal Collective.

Production sounding brickwalled and like a new producer exclusively using a single FL preset kit did it

because it's animal collective
who are poo poo caca

sicc meme

golden gal is fucking awesome

thanks my friend

Shit that's good. Man, they must feel like shit getting beaten by Deak like than.

painting with was good

Keep telling yourself that

>good
Exactly. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sleep Cycle was fantastic though.

because Fanboy and Chum Chum

Painting With was good. Certainly not AnCos best album but a fun and unique change of pace.

no.

>I want to be well
>I want to be well
>I want to be well

i think AnCo was totally sober when writing all of Painting With

Awesome Tapes From Africa is some quality stuff, ive got a copy of the DJ Katapila album on vinyl.

they kept using the same presets over and over

the production sounded way too compressed

the songs were not interesting

the proof is in the pudding, the album came and went and no one cared. AnCo used to be a big deal back in my day.

Hi Deak

hey

but PW is good

Eh, it's alright.

Floridada is a fucking jam.

anco is for the children

turns out a 1 second delay doesn't make you The Beach Boys

Sleep Cycle is overrated as hell. Golden Chords was the best song on the album, two of the tracks were ambient filler and everything else doesn't really stand out. Red/Blue Harpy should have made it onto the "album".

>ambient filler
You completely misunderstand this album. Every track builds upon the last one, and the transitions from one to another are essential to the themes of the album. Think about the huge difference in the tone of the lyrics and instrumentation between Golden Chords and Good House. The magic of the album is in the journey from introverted and anxiety-ridden to liberated and self-assured, and every track contributes to that journey. So, no, there is no ambient filler.

Very well said. Anyone listening to the album with the mindset of ranking the tracks individually obviously isn't going to appreciate it as a whole. It's honestly my favorite AnCo-related album. Even though it's short, it feels more complete and focused on it's concept than any other.