Ok so there was a surge that went through the cable line, literally blew up the modem, went through my ethernet cable...

Ok so there was a surge that went through the cable line, literally blew up the modem, went through my ethernet cable, and now my computer won´t turn on. Power supply works fine. What do i do?

kill yourself

Delete your System32 folder.

motherboard is fried

I second that.... Kill ur self

this

/thread
> stupid fuck tried to tell us the PS works

what happends when you try to turn it on?

this

The surge also killed your pc. Sorry you gots to get a new pc bro

Take out the disk drive out it in an enclosure and get any data you can from it but pretty much that pc is done . One and done

nothing

First question. Why isn't your pc surge Protected niggler? Those extensions with surge prevention are super cheap

I hate it when I get power surges through my ethernet cable. Having to replace the PSU every time it happens is becoming a bit of a drag.

Try doing thevenin's theorem to find the voltage . Thank the ASU electrical engineering department

how about not buying crap tier psu's?

i think he was making a joke

makes sense

Have you tried booting without ethernet card plugged in?

yes

Does it give any error sounds at all and can you be certain that power reaches motherboard? Do any of the vents get power or some indication. Found any popped capacitors?

>Literally blew it up
>Literally

How big was the explosion user?

nothing happens when I press the power button at all

new versions of windows will not allow you to delete system 32

Well search motherboard for swolen capacitors or otherwise noticable damage. Most probably can find something and have to replace it. But the ting with is that you can't be sure about the contition of other hardware as well

sparks went off and it triggered my iraq war ptsd

roll

reroll

>remove heatsink
>cum on cpu
>replace heatsink