So i have a 2000 chevy suburban, and it started making a noise like a card in bicycle spokes...

So i have a 2000 chevy suburban, and it started making a noise like a card in bicycle spokes. It's mettalic and only when im actually driving. Anybody have thoughts to what it might be?

rod bearing bad causing rod to slap around in the block and have slop on the crank.

Sounds like the flux capacitor to me, but I'm no doctor.

Is it coming from one tire. If so posibly it's the bearings

Check wheel bearings

bent rod probably
Is it like slow ticking or does it get faster when you accelerate

>not a mechanic, weekend warrior project car builder

Its only when hes driving, so engine noise is out

>>Canuter valve

Your headlight fluid is low

Probably the battery

could also be a stick caught in spokes lmao
I had that happen to me once

Its coming from the front driver side tire. I just had all new tires installed and new tie rods, i had it aligned as well. My main concern was the noise and it still isn't fixed.

I've herd this happening with old catalytic converters

Broken connecting rod. Congrats

Idler arm maybe

It gets faster as i drive faster

It's an IED. Give it another day or so.

Axle bind

user mechanic here. With out hearing it... i would guess the exhaust manifold has a crack! Common chevy thang.

yup it's a rod. Probably gonna cost you some money to fix but its not detrimental right now. Engine probably has 10k more miles before it shits itself.

Someone put a zip tie on your drive shaft under your car.

could be just to quite to hear at idle, dose his exhaust leak? whats the general condition of the truck? when was the last time the breaks were done? 2000 is 16 years old 16*12k=192k that where im putting the car at in my head for mileage easily could be rod if that truck hasnt been taken care of

The full size C/K1500 variants, Tahoe Silverado, suburban tend to have the donut gaskets blow out on the Y pipe/manifold juncture. Cracked manifolds was more a 97+ f150/ Expedition 4.6/5.4 or Explorer 5.0 thing

Wheel bearings are famous to go on chevys, I have a 05 silverado HD2500 and I already changed both front wheel bearings this year.

Thx dawg

The exhaust doesnt leak.
It's a bit beat up, lots of rust on rocker panels.
I had the brakes done and checked less than a month ago.
110k miles

How much would a rod be to replace? And is it safe to drive?