Bought a new house and I need anew pet...

Bought a new house and I need anew pet. I've always been a dog person but I haven't had enough time on a daily basis to take care of one. So instead of a dog I'm thinking about getting a cat that's bigger than many small dogs. A male Maine coon to be specific. They can grow to 20 pounds. Thoughts?

do you live in a warm area? do you plan on having the cat live outside?

if yes to both of these questions, don't go with a maine coon. if no, then it doesn't matter.

not sure why you have to have a "big" cat though

Too damn hairy. Get a Devon Rex or a Sphynx.

disgusting

>
Get a rat.

You can control its brain and make it your sex slave

I live in Michigan and he would be an indoor cat only. I've seen what happens to to many cats that are allowed to roam around outside. I want a big cat for a couple reasons. I've always liked cats so why not get a really fucking big one? That and when people come over they will go "holy shit what is that?"

I've always had sheep dogs. I'm used to regular grooming to minimize the hair

If you want an affectionate cat, get a calico
If you want a cat that is all about killing, get a persian
If you want a chubby fratboy of a cat, get an algorian, not sure how its spelled, only know how its said in english
Id you want a cat to yowl all night like an asshole, get a russian blue
If you wanna feel like a good person, adopt a mixed cat from a shelter, cause they need homes too

I'd suggest you get a shelter cat of nonspecific breed. There are so many that need homes. Males tend to be more snuggly. Understand that you need to maintain the litter box every day or two.

Eh, i never had a cat too picky that it cant wait a week for a cleaning

But i also build litter boxes out of big ass totes

I got a Ragdoll myself OP. He's around 20ish pounds to, they often compete for biggest cat breed (Maincoon and Ragdoll that is). Ragdoll's however are a lot more caring, more bulkier to. Take a ragdoll.

Get the savannah breed you fag

lol I've had a cat that wanted it cleaned every day, otherwise would shit elsewhere in the house.

and then I had one that only wanted to poop outside. cats are weird.

Fuck being a pussy, capture a bobcat and let it live in your house

Calico is not a breed. It's a coat type.

I've adopted a cat in the past when I lived with a few friends. He still lives with one of them. I've done my duty.

>Patch tabby
Forgive my shorthand, im better in russian

SAVANNAH BREED BEST

He's 20 lbs

Oops

>2016
>not owning a pet cheetah
Lol pussies

>16+2000
>Not keeping siberian tigers to prevent rat infestations
Plebs

>2020 - 4
>not abandoning human society and starting a new life with a pack of lions

I'm on my second part Maine Coon cat. Both this one and the previous were incredibly affectionate (loved lap time, liked being near their people, etc) and both seemed to have a sense when the human needed some cheering up.

PS - both we're shelter cats. Maine Coons are easy to spot.

PPS - I would never deal with the "rescue groups" in my area. They demand interviews, home visits, and conversations with your vet before you are allowed to permanently adopt. Fuck those self-righteous assholes. Go to a real county run animal shelter where cats can only stay so long before their "time is up".