Keyboard

Keyboard

Just built a PC and looking to purchase a new keyboard and mouse. Not sure what to get.

I am looking at getting a RGB Mechanical Keyboard. Any good brands to recommend?.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Varmilo-VA87M-Tenkeyless-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B01ES7JOQ6
i.imgur.com/l9fQJoY.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stealseries or razer

there is absolutely zero need for buying a keyboard for anything more than 50

even 50 is a push

Using Mad Catz V7 for like 2 years and it's fine. Would recomend. Cheap and good stuff.

Logitech G500s. Best mouse I've ever had.

I know but i don't spend much money on anything else. I am looking to splash out a bit because i use my PC on a daily basis. So i figured it's worth the cost. Plus i think RGB Keyboards look really good.

Fuck RGB - get a Daskeyboard.

If you insist on RGB, at least get it with Cherry switches - in recommend blue.

Logitech G502 seems good.

Why you don't like RGB?

I've had a CMStorm Trigger and a Corsair k70. I'd recommend k70 or taking a look at some Duckies

The Corsair k70 is pretty good. I got it 2 months ago for games and essays. light keys but not too light and dont feel mushy. Cost me £86

It's a gimmick. I guess it comes down to preference though. Daskeyboard is the best and I worry that you'd end up compromising on build quality if you insisted on RGB.

Could be good, I haven't used it. I tried a few over the years to get to the one I chose. It has adjustable DPI and this weird weight tray thing to get the exact balance.

In terms of kb, I use the Razer Lycosa Mirror. Looks cool, it's mechanical and it's backlit, but I'm sure there are many better ones; I got this one because it looks good, mainly.

I have a corsair strafe rgb with the mix cherry silent keys. Best keyboard I've owned.

I may spend less on a keyboard then. I'll look at a backlite mechanical keyboard with cherry keys

I recommend the Corsair K70 RGB

Corsair K70 RGB will do you good

Smart move, Sup Forumsrah.

Using Sades K10 keyboard and Razer Deathadder mouse. I'd recommend both.

if it allows custom lightmaps then it can be very helpful with hotkeys.

but you can buy one for 20 bucks on newegg

Corsair.

I am looking for something more expensive and better build quality then a twenty dollar keyboard.

+1

K70 fag represent

You really don't need RGB, it's a meme.
You should get a TKL Cherry MX keyboard with your switches of preference.

THIS.

Honestly user, you may think you want RGB, but you don't. I'f you do get RGB you'll end up likely not using the RGB features anyway. And the money you spent on having RGB could have either been saved or invested into a better keyboard than razer or steelseries shits.

I do recommend a daskeyboard, they are great, maybe a 10keyless model like the 87-key wasd code, which if your set on having annoying lights might work for you as it has backlighting.

switch type Id say would be go with browns if you have never used a mech before, as blues can be louder than you might think.

If you are possibly interested in smaller form factors, look into either the poker3 60% keyboard, or Leopold 660m 66% keyboard. I am currently using a leopold 660m and it is incredible.

let me know if you have any questions

I'll go for a normal cherry mechanical keyboard. With back lighting.

you dont need it but grouping hotkeys together in color coded goodness is not a meme.

trust me, you will never use that.

OP, for the love of christ don't buy a fucking razer product. The g502 is the best all around mouse by a long shot. If you want a keyboard with a number pad i recommend the ducky shine 5. If you want the tenkeyless look at the ducky zero. "Gaming" keyboards tend to have shit build quality/keycaps. Do yourself a favor and get something rather than Logitech/Razer keyboards. The K70 is also a not-shit keyboard.

bullshit I have one color leds and I set up the shit constantly when I get into a game I like and play often. the rgb element would just make this so much better.

+1 here also

K65/K70 fag approves.

I like my razer black widow okay, but I can vouch for shitty key caps.

I have a razer black widow as well. Programming the lighting for each key is rather useful but the key caps are shit and a couple of the switches are starting to fail. Was great before that.

I'll go for a Logitech G502 mouse and a corsair strafe mechanical keyboard.

Mouse g502 LOVE IT
Keyboard g710+ good for typing and no click sound or RGB just backlight.
Keyboard Razor chroma Feels amazing but so LOUD

Who /ducky/ here?

Ducky legend Browns, it's like my fingers are having organism every time I type.

Depends what you want

Logitech G710+ is cheap and has great macro keys and is a fantastic full layout keyboard. Other people prefer "gaming" keyboards and slim/refined ones, but for me this does it all and I can build walls out of it if there's ever a zombie apocalypse

>organism

oookay

corsair k95 rgb

I'm on my phone tbh smh senpai-familia

Nice, thought no one else had this keyboard except for me

All the benefit of a keyboard without the functionality, and now in a shitty colour and at 300% markup

Idiots will buy this shit too.

I have this:

amazon.com/Varmilo-VA87M-Tenkeyless-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B01ES7JOQ6

Out of the 10 or so keyboards I have it is my favorite though it totally sucks for the purpose I bought it for (i.e. using across my gd living room) though I will be resolving that with some creative cabling in the near future.

Pic related.

This.
/thread

NICE!
The varmilo va87 is such a good looking keyboard in my opinion. Nearly bought it, but went with a 660m instead.

I have a G402 and the new G910, Logitech master race

to be honest its to keep the graphics designers from grabbing the terminal keyboards because quote, "theirs are much better and they hardly use them."

I have a G502: G710+ and a G930 Logitech fangays unite

One of my keyboards is a first gen Corsair K90 keyboard and this little TKL keyboard weighs just about as much. It's fucking solid. I'm no hardcore game fag but I play a little vidya and I tested it out for a few hours at work on my macbook pro and didn't notice any significant input lag. The 18 or so feet from my living room gaming PC (built into entertainment center) to my couch is too much for it. Weirdly my cheap ass logitech chicklet bluetooth keyboard has no problems at that range.

corsair k series. have the k95 myself and i love it. and it can handle a good beating

I miss my Logitech illuminated keyboard and Logitech G5 but now I got à Razer Deathstalker and a standard wireless Logitech mouse.

I am not a keyboard connoisseur by any means but I believe the Varmilo is just a Leopold with a battery built in and a bluetooth transmitter no? If so I'm sure your keyboard is pretty fucking sweet too. It's just a nice build all around. One of my coworker left an older daskeyboard at work on a PC that I use occasionally and it's not as nice imo.

I have a K-65 RGB and a K-90 as well as the Varmilo I posted and while they are all nice the Varmilo is much nicer.

The Varmilo is a little larger than the 660m. as it has a dedicated full home group and nav cluster. while on the 660m has the nav cluster right under the enter and shift keys and only an insert and delete key set aside, allowing for a smaller form factor. Also its made by a completely different company.

pic related is exactly what mine looks like.

I think Leopold makes both. Varmilo is just a modded Leopold.

Like here is the Varmilo version of yours:

i.imgur.com/l9fQJoY.png

Hmm, while it may be possible that Leopold makes both, Im fairly certain that the keyboard in that image is just a 660m with grey keycaps and one of the aftermarket aluminum cases that was on mass-drop not too long ago.

I may be wrong though.

I was reading more and I guess the story is that Leopold doesn't make them but both are manufactured by the same people? if that makes sense? lol why are keyboards such a religion~

ducky shine 5

Don't listen to any of these fucking shillfags.

First off RGB is a fucking gimmick so if you want that you're probably the same age of my 17 year old brother. Second off Corsair and Razer are overprice memebrands.

And before you buy a mechanical keyboard go to the store and test out the different switch types to find one you like.

That might be, however, I thought that leopold was Korean and varmilo was Chinese.

You really underestimate how much of a hobby and drug this becomes when you first start getting into it....

Get an IBM model M, the pinnacle of keyboard technology. You'll need a PS/2 port and I imagine latency might be an issue.

ps/2 ports are actually just as fast if not faster.

While the model M is a dream to type on, I imagine that gaming on it for an extended period of time could make your fingers kinda tired, the springs are kinda heavy.

only people who are against razor are poorfags and copecels trying to legitimize their non-aesthetic ("but muh functionality!") keyboards.

all keyboard functionality is the same plastic crap imported from China unto the God-Emperor ascends his throne in Jan where he can make RGB keyboards great again

You don't really know much about keyboards do you....

Steelseries Apex M800

Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB Silent

Can recommend the Ducky One keyboard.

Awesome if you don't want to get a Corsair or Steelseries like everyone else.

Corsair are famous for led's failing, avoid like the plague man.

I will give you some advice. don't spend your money on a croma they are good... but your basically just paying for all the LED colors just get a black widow if you go with razor.

>I am looking at getting a RGB Mechanical Keyboard. Any good brands to recommend?.

Corsair

I've got a Corsair Strafe (single LED) with Cherry MX Browns. Feels OK to use, would prefer more clicky keys though (maybe MX Blues?) ... At least it looks less like an LGBT bukakke than the RGB one.

ripjaws km 780 rgb owned for about a year paid 100 or so i think its down to 80's or 90's now easy to use comfy as hell and not clickly