How does Sup Forums justify going to college?

How does Sup Forums justify going to college?

I wasn't making 85k a year before going to college. Now I do. The end.

Didn't go to college. I'm a plumber. I make about 150k a year piece work. I work my ads off but I drive a nice car and live in a big house. Fuck school

i like computer engineering.

I completely respect trades and the value they provide to society. Just don't be such a dick about it.
That said, there are jobs in this world that I wouldn't feel comfortable handing to someone without a degree.

Only go to college/uni if you know what you're passionate about. If you just want a good job get a trade. Minimal student debt, and pretty well 70k to start getting out of school into any vocation. And it only goes up.

60k in debt to conform to stupid ideas and waste time with arrogant teachers?

I actually learned a lot about transexualism and feminism in college

Lol, if you spend 60k on a degree you're a moron

I'm actually 80k in debt with a degree in Feminist Studies. I've slept with over 100 chicks, but I'm starting to doubt if it's really worth it

Graduating in 2 months, no debt, job lined up with an 83k starting salary. Feels good man

he's talking about trade school, not 'le brainwashing cuck courses being handed to new wave feminists to justify their miserable existance and inability of doing actual work'

This. Plain and simple. You go to college, decide on a stem major, graduate, fuck bitches, get money.

Lmfao @ bragging about being a plumber, I make 140k as a chemE, vacation 6 weeks a year, 40 hours a week and best of all, I'm not unclogging shit infested pipe.... protip, go to fucking school kids

Only negative is I do have about 40k in student loans. Other than that college was fucking awesome and I enjoy my career

college is wide term. i went to college to become a mechanic, 2 years.

Sauce please.

"I work my ads off"

derp, okay stupid faggot, that's why I hire you, because that is where your dumbass belongs, because you have no room for abstract thinking in that little brain of yours. Its just bang bang with a hammer and I make a good wage so i'm doing well. You're literally too stupid to know any better

I'm graduating chemE next year. 140k starting seems quite high, are you in US or Canada? and how many years experience do you have?

What you are is not what you think. It is what you make and do.
Master Applied Computer Science
Bachelors Computer Science.
Fuck off you academic shitheads. If you even went to school.

Athletic scholarship and grants paid for the whole thing.

I'd trade my uni degree for his job and income

Set for life. You are talking big. Hope you will live up to your standards

It's great when it's free

Haha,150k as a plumber? That's probably 3 times as much as he actually makes

Should have done Computer Engineering you little faggot, was the Physics classes too much for you? and derp, not getting a focus on mathematics with that CS degree, lord have mercy, get yourself together you little turd. Oh did you have to do Vector Calc? tell me how intelligent you are worm

honestly man plumbers make crazy money. if hes workin for himself like a smart red seal would do, he could be pulling that in if he had the jobs

>be carpenter
>take home 80k a year
>love going to work
>so much vacation time saved up i dont know what to do with

No formal schooling.

Went with the pension plan but i am also funding my 401K at %20 of my base pay a year.

Aside from my personal workshop i dont have expensive tastes and even in my workshop its not like i buy snap on or anything. just some solid brands like dewalt and milwaukee.

Yeah fancy cars are nice but i like my dads old truck better.
Yeah we could go out to longhorns for steaks but why do that when i can grill them at home?

Not gonna lie and say you cant make more money by going to collage. but loving your job and getting to spend time with your family means a lot to me. and with what i make my wife dose not have to work and when my kids are not in school they come and watch / help me at work.

It sounds like you got it good though with a 40 hour work week. MOST of the people i know who went to higher schooling and got jobs requiring degrees work 60+ hours a week.

>carpenter
>80k a year
pick one

you gotta remember plumbing isn't just fixing toilets. new construction is where the money is

They pay my rent and buy my cannabis.
I live in the cannabis mecca of the country, and spend my weekends hunting mushrooms.

It was and is completely free in my country, so why the hell not?

>Haha,150k as a plumber? That's probably 3 times as much as he actually makes

exactly, my dad was a fucking plumber and it's why I went to law school after the army . . . 150k is what the proprietor of a plumbing business can expect to make after he's grown his business to have 10 to 15 employees and can afford to pay himself that much out of a reasonably profitable business. The equipment and costs of running the business are just too great otherwise.

NOBODY is paying an employed plumber that kind of money. Nobody. A senior guy with 15 to 30 years experience is making 40 to 60 grand in most metro areas, a few make close to 75, if they are someone who basically helps run the business for the owner.

Guy's post was total bullshit.

i wanted to help people so i'm doing paramedics, after that a couse in aero-medical retrieval, going to make 200+k a year to get ptsd from you fucks killing yourselfs

havin a hard time doing that rn

This,

is something that makes sense. For whatever reason the blue collar community MUST push their petty wages on the rest of society because they have to prove what they can make W/O going to college. Nobody cares in the end. If you are happy, then so be it, money isnt everything and that is something I did learn from my college experience, but still to this day have blue collar workers that work union trying to prove themselves to me for whatever reason. Its like they have feel the need to prove their worth and justify not going to college.

fucking European countries with their free schooling and great economy, and now got no tea drinking bitches to worry about because they fucked off

I can relate to you, Father was a blue collar construction worker, made a good 85k a year at the peak of his working experience. Joined the marines and utilized the GI Bill to get my Bachelors and paid for the remaining masters through saving while deployed. I worked a blue collar job before enlisting but see the benefits of higher education.

Southern US, 6 years

Im a sophmore going for mechanical engineering major. And its really hard right now ..im going to make it right?

working in oil industry? i'm hoping to maybe move out west to alberta if oil picks back up in canada, otherwise I'm not sure what industry I'd like to work in

so you're from eastern canada? maritimer here

Save yourself the trouble and money. If you really want to go to school after high school, go to tech school for something. You'll thank yourself later.

Or pick both.

Union work mother fucker.

Where people get treated like people and not cogs in a wheel.

Ontario actually

i have a lot of family in ontario. im from nova scotia

I'd like to visit the maritime provinces at some point, seems quite beautiful out there

Dude, i'm not the plumber. But quit being a pussy. Welcome to Sup Forums, you dumbshit faggot

Sounds like you created the most expensive personal prostitution ring for yourself, and ran a fucking tab with you as the only client. Moron.

Sauce needed for ops pic

Doing....research for college

i'm one of the failures that went to college. i'm old af, make less than $50k us, and don't have a permanent job so i'm always susceptible to being fired on the spot. i literally am looking at being unemployed at nearly 50 and seeking employment in a new field which is a recipe for disaster and being on welfare. i was in the navy out of hs and left to "follow my dreams". big fucking mistake. if i had stayef in i could have retired by now with a pension.

i worked out west for a long time. i was smart and worked hard and saved money. i moved back to nova scotia a year and a half ago, bought a house in cash.

Did you work on the rigs are were you a technician/engineer?

im a heavy duty mechanic i worked in fort mac mainly

I have a degree in gender studies and am happy to spend the rest of my days in entry level jobs only high schoolers would be qualified for

Yeah.. there is no way someone like you has a mind capable of any of that..