Who is more important to this day? Kurt birthed Nickelback, while Tupac birthed modern Hip Hop

Who is more important to this day? Kurt birthed Nickelback, while Tupac birthed modern Hip Hop

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j7oQEPfe-O8
youtube.com/watch?v=ao-Sahfy7Hg
youtube.com/watch?v=jrwjiO1MCVs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i get the correlation between nirvana and nickelback, but your assumption that tupac birth all of modern hip hop is patently false. therefore, kurdt kobain is more influential and important

Tupac's influence can be felt now considerably more than Kurt's

Tupac is also way, way more important as a cultural and historical figure. Really was nobody else like him. His life story is fucking wild.

not a huge fan of either though

>music is rap or rock

for better or worse, cobain changed grunge and alternative rock forever. when Nevermind shot to the moon, it gave artists everywhere a chance to prove themselves. it broke new ground more than almost any album in history

shitty mtv meme

the "alternative rock" already was popular back in 1988
youtube.com/watch?v=j7oQEPfe-O8

nothing as edgy or distorted as nirvana.
punk also hit mainstream in large part due to the popularity of Nevermind

Nah
youtube.com/watch?v=ao-Sahfy7Hg
youtube.com/watch?v=jrwjiO1MCVs

charted in USA

>Nevermind
>charted in every county, Diamond in USA
ok

R.E.M. was most popular anyways

Tupac doomed America with his it's cool to be a total fucking nigger attitude while Kurt Cobain probably contributed to America's tranny problem somehow so idk

>type well thought response to OP
>see this reply before i'm finished
why am I here

problem?

>cobain changed grunge
what happened to grunge?

>and alternative rock forever
alternative rock was better before nirvana

>what happened to grunge?
it became pop-ish and mainstream leading to post-grunge

>alternative rock was better before nirvana
probably why i said
>for better or worse

tupac

mainly because kurt was just an amalgamation of stuff that came before him. I guess he was important for tying all that stuff together and his death being a convenient signifier for the death of rock. but your question seems to be about influence and there's far more of tupac's dna in modern music and pop culture, in large part because he was actually forward looking

>it gave artists everywhere a chance to prove themselves
no that happened 10 years earlier

you're an idiot

Musically I enjoy Nirvana FAR more. 2pac is just extremly boring, but I guess his influence is bigger.

But that is true

>nothing as edgy or distorted as nirvana.
>steve albini doesn't exist
>melvins dont exist
>sonic youth dont exist
>noise rock didn't exist
>no wave doesn't exist
this is how dumb you are

>what is mainstream
>what is popularity
they are defining characteristics of influence
this is how dumb you are.

>who are the clash
>who are devo
>who are the sex pistols
>who are the dead kennedy's
>who are the ramones
>who are sonic youth yet again
fucking idiot there's been rock music with noise influence that's been popular, especially rock music

what are you even saying, bud?

>especially rock music
punk music
rock music/no wave/new wave/alternative rock has been popular before cobain's time and wasn't changed because of him

>wasn't changed because of him
do you hold steadfast to this belief?

My Bloody Valentine

yeah, the actual people who changed alternative rock were REM, melvins, acid scratch, steve albini, sonic youth, pixies etc..

all of these had influence. none as much as cobain. sorry to tell you, but you're very very very wrong.

>his death being a convenient signifier for the death of rock
lol

Who the fuck is tupac? Only trigger happy nigger hype him up and he is only ever popular among niggers and white guilt hipster scum