Is there a God, Sup Forums ?

Is there a God, Sup Forums ?

Probably not

/thread

Seeing as to how there is no evidence for a god its only reasonable to assume there isn't.

Except all the Churches and other religious establishments...and texts.

He said evidence not stories

For the universe to be infinite, it must contain everything that is feasible. For anything to be thought of or considered, it must exist within the universe. This is why the multiverse expands exponencially/

Therefore, everything exists, and is also contradicted.

so yes, op, our concept of a god must exist infinitely, and be contradicted infinitely.

>autism

So God only exists if you want him to?

no, god always will and always has existed.

Our perception of the universe doesn't effect that everything already exists in every form, will always do so, and never has existed.

>effect
you mean affect

an effect is like a special effect in a movie

This just sounds like psuedo-philosophy word vomit

everyone knows that these threads only attract reddit posters, right?

right?

We made up god because we're afraid of dying. We came up with the afterlife to avoid the prospect of physical death. We came up with the idea of a soul that can live beyond physical death in the afterlife, and we tied our minds to it so that we can believe that we would still be conscious after death. God passes judgement and allows those who follow his rule into heaven. This creates a culture around becoming an ideal person. A way to become a hero in others' eyes. A way to be immortalized not just through the afterlife, but in the real world as well. In the end, it's all just to deny death.

Depends on your definition. Sky wizard? No.

What is "GOD"? All evidence points to the fact that everything we know or think we know about "GOD" is created by human superstition and tradition. If there is a "GOD" It is almost certainly nothing like we could possibly imagine it to be. Likely though the only real "GOD" is sex. Everything is sex.

no

here he is

Its literally the multiverse theory.

google it, what i said is the leading theory on the function of the universe.

It doesn't really have much to do with god

>1207+3+1+800+5
>being this retarded.

I don't believe so.

Does the tooth fairy exist?

Yes, and I am

if there is I doubt humans could even fathom what such a deity would look like, if he even had a metaphysical state. My guess is that its a force like gravity or dark matter, all around but invisible and in dark matters case undetectable.

eye witness is the least reliable source of evidence.

The universe isn't necessarily infinite. Expanding, yes, but it's very unlikely to be genuinely infinite.

But his dubs prove him.
God is real.

Yes. There is a God. You! Read the 10 chapter of John. Jesus said that "ye are all gods" when he was bout to get stoned for claiming he and the father are one. Most believe in one God. If there is one God and all comes from it than there can be nothing that is not some aspect of God or does not have God within it. The issue is you don't realize that you have access to the consciousness of God but within a Human body.

“All right," said Susan. "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."

REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.

"Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little—"

YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.

"So we can believe the big ones?"

YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.

"They're not the same at all!"

YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.

"Yes, but people have got to believe that, or what's the point—"

MY POINT EXACTLY.”
― Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

It is human to believe in god(s). Personally I think it's easily possible that there is an Eldritch Abomination that we could call God. So either way we're cool.

This just doesn't seem like the kind of universe that a perfect benevolent creator would create.

The universe is full of justice and mercy if you believe in one God. If that's the case, all is for the benefit of it. It's like the body. You lose skin and blood cells all the time but have no problem with those living cells "dying" because it's for the better good. You are an aspect of God and your life is for the better Good. The issue is we wish to be the vain conscious egoistic brain that is all important when we're just a lil cell playing our part. Would their be justice if you chose your destiny? What if we had more than one life? Each life was aimed at bettering us somehow and driving us to a goal. What if we chose our lives before being born on earth in the same manner that you may chose your college major? Aware of the challenges but enthusiastic in the rewards. That's what a lot of wisdoms believe. In fact, early Jews and Christian's believed in Sheol/hades and not in hell as we know it (Gehenna). Hell wasnt considered an eternal damnation to "your" soul. And how could it be? Where would it go? There's one God and all is apart of God so even if in hell you eventually have to reintegrate into the Kingdom of God (universal reconciliation=salvation).

Sounds very much link hinduism

Yes, and I will pray for you to find Him.

Bump

Sausage Party wasn't that smart of a movie