What was the best pkmn game and why is it Emerald?

What was the best pkmn game and why is it Emerald?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lAKZZYNb8YI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

gen 1, when the pokemon weren't retarded, half assed ideas

I make it a mission to replay this game at least once a year
It's truly the best

Emerald was a piece of shit. Everyone knows Red/Blue/Yellow always were the best.

This, blue/red ftw

Yellow was amazing. Although I also liked gold/silver

/thread
>only pokemon games where pikachu actually follows you outside the pokeball.

I feel like people only like gen 1 for nostalgia. Gen 2 is the best. It's just gen 1 but better in every way. Literally even has gen 1 content.

gold and silver were great

>Genwunners who don't realize how fucking shit gen 1 is in comparison to the new games
It's broken as fuck

It's the third part of Moon/Sun. Better Story and characters, lots of pokémon, great engine.
Put that on a better console + Pokémon that follows you (à la Yellow / HGSS) = fuck off emerald

A fucking EGG

Nostalgia for me.

sure my man, enjoy your literal; chandelier, pile of trash and set of keys

I prefer Crystal personally

Crystal

Objectively wrong
HG/SS

exactly

Fire Red

Fuck you OP, B2W2 are objectively the best in pretty much every way.

That being said, Sun/Moon were delightful.

Genwunners detected. Gen 1 are overatted garbage, completely dated, and inferior to every Gen that game after it.

>b-but pokemon designs
Yes, because floating Magnets, literal heaps of shit, and obese orange lizards are the pinnacle of design, and better than Hydras and Polar Bears, and Tyrannosaurus Rex Pokémon. Take off your nostalgia goggles.

>Didn't play HG/SS, probably the second best games in the series

Crystal is actually the shittiest Gen 2 game. They removed Mareep! What kind of stupidness is that.

>3 pokemon have bad designs and therefore all new pokemon have bad designs.
If anything a lot of the newer designs are cooler than Gen 1 designs.
Garchomp looks way cooler than any gen 1 pokemon and alm,ost all legendaries after gen 2 look fucking awesome

Fuck you. Those were true classics. I'll find where you live and burn your house down for saying that.

>what is grimer
>what is voltorb
>what is magnemite

every gen has shit like that mate.

All three of those Pokémon are good designs.

Compare Garbodor, a bulking trash monster with pipe cannons, to the Gen 1 equivalent; Muk, a literal heap of shit.

They were good games for the time but every pokemon game massively outclasses them.
They're broken as fuck without nostalgia glasses also most of the designs are really generic looking imo.

more

Gen 2 will always be the best

Because pomeg glitch

In my opinion, every single game that was released after Emerald, sucks.

Sure

Johto has a nice rural, melancholic atmosphere that sets it apart from other Regions.

I don't think it's the best, but it certainly stood the test of time better than Kanto did.

That's because you stopped playing at Emerald, Hoennbabbie

YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH KLEFKI MOTHERFUCKER? MOTHERFUCKING DRAGON SLAYER. I DONT SEE YOUR GAY ASS PIKACHU KILLING DRAGONS

More pokémon fucking their trainers, please

I'll see what I have

I clocked in over a couple thousand hours on Emerald.
The internal battery died recently though. Need to replace it.
The battle frontier was the shit. Best endgame content pokemon has ever had.

>dubs
And I second this

Ruby because sun nigga was way cooler than whale nigga

I think it's gen 6. X/Y added great online connectivity. This is just what the franchise needed.

>Best endgame content pokemon has ever had.
I disagree.

Platinum and HG/SS both had a refined Frontier. Although some of the difference can come down to personal preference.

But that itself isn't even what I find the best. HG/SS had an entire second Region to explore, and Gen 5/Gen 7 have areas in the Region to expore in the Post-Game too.

That is much more interesting than JUST a Battle Frontier.

My personal favorite though, is the Pokémon World Tournemant, because of all the character fanservice. No matter which games were your best, your favorite characters got to come back with updated teams in the PWT

But green schlong nigga is great!

Taking requests for Pokémon/Characters I can post. I have a lot.

Gen 6 made online connectivity much easier and accessible to people, but the games themselves feel like an awkward ugly duckling stage between Gen 5 and Gen 7.

But the whale nigga was always the cooler one user

Diamond/Pearl were the best games for me

Any Cynthia stuff?

Agreed. I think the graphics were great but didn't fit the theme. I think the sameway with sun and moon but I haven't beaten it yet.

I don't know why it's Emerald, but it sure is!

Diamond/Pearl were objectively heavily flawed though. It took Platinum version to fix it into a truly great game.

(Platinum is great though, I love Sinnoh, the Region was comfy, and the Jazz soundtrack was gorgeous and very different-yet-perfect for Pokémon)

youtube.com/watch?v=lAKZZYNb8YI

Actually I don't really think I have any of her. Only a couple pictures with Dawn.

Sun/Moon are pretty great though, they dropped the chibi artstyle for a proper 1:1 overworld. I beat Sun yesterday and loved it overall.

Pokémon Conquest is easily the best Pokémon game, if not the best game that year

The only complaints I have for sun/moon is that the game is slow as fuck. Also story is almost as linear as XY's. The plot wasn't surprising and I knew exactly what was going to happen before I even reached second island.

Cynthia is the best Pokémon waifu imo

I never played it, but I hear mixed things. Some people love it, some hate it.

The first Island was absolutely mind-minbmingly slow and boring.

But the rest of the game was really fun, and the story was decent. Predictable sure, they always are, but fun enough to keep me engaged.

She's pretty cool, still my favorite Champion.