How did we determine the Earth is round?

How did we determine the Earth is round?

Other urls found in this thread:

juliantrubin.com/bigten/eratosthenes.html
youtube.com/watch?v=3EspZtA7C3o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Earth is round

But how did we determine that?

Nobody knows, and all we have is circumstantial evidence, like that other shit.

>Believing the Earth is round
>Being this autistic

Flat earth you fucking idiots

So what's the truth then, the biblical version?

if the earth isnt round, whats stopping me from seeing the Eiffel tower from Australia?

I don't know, mountains? I don't know either way if it is or isn't, there's evidence for, and against.

juliantrubin.com/bigten/eratosthenes.html

i cant see mountains when i look across the ocean

Because gravity

Some guy noticed differing angles of shadows at high sun in wells in Europe in Africa. Concluded that from the difference in the angles, that the Earth must be round blah blah blah

Um, flew to fucking outer space and took a god damn photograph of the sumbitch. Derp.

You can see it when you are in space. Your question is a bit old.

That's the most retarded way to do it, but sure.

Quads god

Because Chuck Norris use to play baseball.

What does this PDE model?

youtube.com/watch?v=3EspZtA7C3o

hands down, one of the worst jokes ive ever fucking heard. who even still laughs at chuck norris shit anyways (besides 4 year olds and mental retards)

All pictures from space show a flat earth.

you probably can't see your dick when you look down either.

During lunar eclipse, shadow of Earth against moon is always circular.
Were Earth flat, shadow would sometimes be ovular or a nearly flat line.

The debris is all the discarded fucks people used to give about flat earth chicanery

What if earth were a flat disc?

>What if earth were a flat disc?

... then shadow would occasionally appear as ovular or as a flat line depending on angle of sun.

Not necessarily.

The momentum tensor of energy for an ideal fluid in the Einstein field equations
And with the aid of the storage conditions
One can derive the equation Tolman-Oppenheimer-Volkoff for the structure of a static spherically symmetric relativistic star in real coordinates: really, Ρ and ρ are limited by a condition of the form f equation (Ρ, ρ) = 0, f specific composition of the body. M (r) is a foliation weighted spheres by ρ mass density (r), the largest sphere of radius r: you always follow non-relativistic limit c → ∞, so the factor reduces non-relativistic equation Tolman-Oppenheimer-Volkoff the hydrostatic equilibrium of Newton. Basically it's the equilibrium equation of two equations (you basically substitute the coordinates in the system with (t, r, θ, φ))

Because Satan told us, and nowhere in the bible did he lie

Bump