Why is Portugal so poor even though they had significant overseas colonies?

Why is Portugal so poor even though they had significant overseas colonies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nxg4C365LbQ
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMNj_r5bccUyYzJ5G1GgvfM59JEpDkteX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Low IQ caused by miscegenation with the Moors. Same happened to Spain, Greece and southernmost Italy.

>global conquest is xpensive

just ask your jewish bankers

But portugal isn't poor

>the IQ meme
when will this end? this doesn't even make any sense, only for autistics in this site

youtube.com/watch?v=nxg4C365LbQ

We stopped having overseas colonies, that simple.

See, we didn't go through industrialization because we never needed to

When everyone was losing their colonies and replacing it with industrialization of their own countries, we didn't because we were not losing colonies.

WWII happened and while everyone was getting an even bigger hard on for industrialization, we just didn't care about WWII.

then everyone was pressuring us to to lose our colonies (both the US, Europe and USSR), and when commies took power, dumb as they are, obliged to their european friends, so we ended up with nothing.

we still have a large gold reserve, but our debt is towards European partners and that debt can't be paid with gold.

Salazar

Explain.

No idea, we are supposed to be among the laziest nations on this planet and yet we managed to be less poor.

Do your own research if you're interested, I'm no mentor.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMNj_r5bccUyYzJ5G1GgvfM59JEpDkteX

Não sou teu servo
Se não entendem o que escrevo
Não tenho culpa
Marca consulta filho da puta
Chavalo eu dou-te um chapo e fotografo
Dou-te o segundo chapo e fotografo, toma fiz-te um gif animado
Entra na carrinha, é um rapto, és levado ao ponto mais alto do teu fracasso
Dj empurra o gajo montanha abaixo
2º piso escola de esgrima vírgula a vírgula
Triplo 6 tatuado na piça a tinta-da-china
Andamos escondidos no fabrico do sonoro
Mais fodidos, mais ruídos, despedimos otorrinos
Avisa os teus amigos, trazemos explosivos
Somos hardcore como 70 quilos presos nos mamilos
Se eu estiver a mentir ponham o braço no ar
Quem não ouvia dlm, mano, começou a rimar
Um, dois, um, dois, teste som, podes cantar
Mas fala pra piroca que os colhões já estão a gravar.

Portugal had the Lisbon earthquake in 1755.
Lisbon was destroyed by the earthquake and tsunami.
It's well known in Japan.

>?
Numerous countries have been through much worse and more recently, that's not even an argument. Poland was bombed to near-extinction and today is wealthier and more prosperous than Portugal, despite never having any overseas colonies or the massive historic advantages Portugal had. Poland also scores among the highest on PISA and is the 3rd fastest growing economy in Europe.

Lower IQ + poor leadership = low productivity + poor decisions = poverty.

Poland was also under communist rulership for decades, and that's much like being bombed to near-extinction twice.

no we're not, we have very high hdi, and top 30/40 richest countries in the world

>we have very high hdi
On a global scale, with shitholes like Africa and Brazil bringing the average down (look, your shitty colonies were good for something at least!). In Europe Poortugal scrapes the bottom of the barrel with recovering post-commie shitholes and former Yugoslavia.

And let's not forget that your immigrants actually behave like fucking Moroccans, taking pride in the shithole their parents abandoned for a better future.

Are you morrocan?No actual white people have resentment agaisn't us so you might be non.white my friend

>le "deutsch" southern who dislikes iberians and italians
This shit is so fucking memetic...I don't even know what to think about hicks like yourself anymore.

>ad hominem
Criticism isn't resentment. We're providing actual facts to answer OP.

Nah,he's italian brazilian,notice how he says southernmost italy instead of just italy

Do as you like

>1.72
>Portugal
At least Serbia and Romania have a good excuse, gypsies bringing down their average.

>we still have a large gold reserve

Really? That's very GOOD to know. The BRs and PTs KNOW what I'm talking about

My ancestry or race does not affect this discussion. And the differences between northern and southern Italy are quite blatant, mainly because southern Italy received much greater African genetic input.

Can we just ban every post that comes from the new world

>more recently

here's you answer, dumbass

We're the ones that had to pay for the reconstruction of Lisbon. It should as well be given to us. Fuck Marques de Pombal.

What are you even doing in a thread about Portugal, as if you have any basic understanding about the relationship we have with them. Shoo.

Portugal should be ours
If it weren't for us they would be just a Spain's vassal
God, only if England had colonized us...

This is pathetic, I feel sorry for the rest of the Italian Brazilians who are unwillingly associated with this kind of people. Really really feel the similarity between them and american rednecks: poor, uneducated and still somehow believe themselves to be superior to someone. Hopefully, you guys will realise that the cosmopolitan and urban Brazilian is different.
My friends arrived and I won't be able to see how this """"""""discussion"""""""" develops. Abraços.

>Estado Novo
>poor
Cost of living was far lower back then.