So, winterppl, what are those sticks on the roof for exactly?

So, winterppl, what are those sticks on the roof for exactly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5k8I0E_CJ2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=gEnJJeNHTLs
currentresults.com/Weather/Utah/annual-snowfall.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Utah
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well ot looks like its oart of the railing system going on there. Maybe to help prevent over-hang on the sides. To keep the snow/ice down the center there so it doesn't crush anyone sliding off the edges? Just a thought

yeah maybe it's to affect the ice pileup

yeah I thought it could be for that too, but I can't see the fucking effect

Guard rails for when they have to get on the roof to shovel snow off - they won't step off too far.

but what's the point of the protruding sticks "under" the roof?

It's the mounting system, plus they can shake the cabling to knock off overhang snow.

rules of the game, new friend
why change it?

I bet that prevents snow to gather into big chunks. Dangerous if big chunk drops into you

the mounting system looks a bit retarded, I doubt you can knock off much shit by shaking it :(

now that I think of it, I have seen some stuff put on roofs, along the border, so when (or if) a big mass of snow slips over the roof, it's broken into sections, tho it wouldn't be on that side of the roof, but on the lower one... and I still doubt how useful it may be

hmm...

It doesn't take much movement to dislodge snow.
Think avalanches.

But it's not on the right side. If you really want to dislodge the snow from the roof you put something along its top, so it falls all along it. It doesn't make much sense to put all that shit to dislodge snow only from the border... I still don't see it happening. It's unlikely you can shake the sticks that are higher in there too

It's for an awning you idiots. It's just not there because it's snowy tiem

What the fuck is the problem with people like you?

Someone asks a question, you don't know the answer, but you're seemingly biologically incapable of just saying :"Hmm...dunno, sorry."

You feel the need to come up with some bullshit speculation about what it *could* be.

No one, really no one, thinks you're smart or insightful for this. They just think you're a cunt who can't admit it when they don't know something.

It breaks up the biggest chunks as they slide off so people won't die.

> Canadianfag

You forget where you are fuckface gtfo mah Sup Forums

bad bait bb

hmm...

It's the whole net.

But at least I got to go off on the dickhead w/o having to fuck up an actual useful account.

Respek

except that they should slide to the down part. if it's a super big chunk of ice, it's not going to break it. if it's just snow, it's so little the one that can slide only from the border that... hmmm

youtube.com/watch?v=5k8I0E_CJ2Q

How the fuck do you figure that's bait?

Ever gone to a technical forum, anything to do with anything really, doesn't matter what to ask a specific question?

You'll end up with 15 fucking replies starting: "Well, I don't know, but you could..."

People who just can't shut the fuck up. They always *ALWAYS* have to say something.

I'm almost sure they're the same cunts that say:

"Ooooh...I'd better go get some popcorn, this thread is gonna be great LOL!"

Complete fucking tools.

See - like I said, for dislodging the snow easily.

Hey man, I flamed you and then gave you respek. This is the wrong place for intelligence unless it's illegal stick to lerkin like me and watch everyone rabble rouse each other and eventually join in. This place sucks even when it sucked years ago it sucks so much more now to where it used to be good. Fuck these people and all the FIB shill jeujeu throds. Pure amusement when absolutely bored that's it.
>inb4 b was never goot

It's a frame for a rudimentary heating cable.
As a handyman in Utah I install a lot of these in high end homes and businesses. They're used for keeping the formation of icicles to a minimum by generating a small amount of heat along the cable.

Yeah, and it's terrible when the question is "can you..." or "how can you..." and the answer or answers are "that's impossible, it can't be done", yet it can. But it's not the fucking same here. This is Sup Forums, and he's giving a random answer. He's also helping bump the thread, which is good to find the real reason for the sticks being there

youtube.com/watch?v=gEnJJeNHTLs
It's not that you touch the snow and it just falls. Check that.

>Utah
idk if you are trolling. currentresults.com/Weather/Utah/annual-snowfall.php
Not that much snowy days in Utah.
It could make sense, tho the resistance should be running in the other direction, shouldn't it?

We always just give ours a few taps with the shovel handle and everything would drop.
Then we'd go up and clear the roof.

Okay, you said frame for that.
"As a handyman in Utah I install a lot of these in high end homes and businesses." sounds so fishy.

This whole thread is a trowel starting with the OP

But I'm not, silly

I googled it and found an answer within 10 seconds. In other words, you're an idiot. Unless you're trowel

gimme google terms

Places like Huntsville and Sugar House have a lot of rich people who like to have them installed onto their homes so they don't have to go out to knock off icicles or worry about them falling on someone.

In places like Layton and Salt Lake they get installed on businesses but just use a larger cable.
>sounds fishy
I know because when you think of people in Utah you think mormons with 6 kids and posting faggot shit on Sup Forums is heresy.
I feel like I'm the only person from UT who posts on here. I met a bro from down south a while back posting about his neighbors fluffy niggers getting through the fence onto his property.
I later went out there and we got pizza.

Here it's like when colonialism was still a thing as far as how people treat each other and the religion here has a huge affect on it.

5/10
would suck tho

"Spikey spikes for da roof because snow"

that's the first thing I tried before creating the thread and got nothing bro

Utah's beautiful though.
Most of the people are white.

>Rate of increase of minority population twice the white growth rate.
>Utah minority population gaining on whites
Nice try bro

>Utah minority population gaining on whites
Nice try bro
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Utah
>88.6% white

Utah 1.6% black, of which most are Mormons so not niggers.