Tfw you get into a band with an amazing fucking album then find out nothing else in their discography sounds like it

>tfw you get into a band with an amazing fucking album then find out nothing else in their discography sounds like it

sometimes I feel I've come dangerously close to exhausting all of the great noise pop in the world

does nobody actually listen to this band on Sup Forums :c

How I feel a out the growlers their discography is so all over the map in genres and styles it's beyond frustrating

The charm of the highway strip is the best magnetic fields album t b h

you liked distortion?

>picks forgettable album from a good discography
sorry about that shit taste lad, it might be terminal

I was in the mood for exactly the sound it delivered then I started exploring other stuff and while its all from average to sorta good its not similar at all. Maybe I just haven't looked enough

Why didn't you like it?

The only one I've really listened to in-depth is love at the bottom of the sea, which I liked a lot to be honest. I think distortion does have a little more....well "distortion" than their other albums though.

it's boring

listen to something good like the wayward bus instead

im giving distortion a second listen thanks to this post and am actually enjoying it. cheers op

i really love drive on driver

you listen to this?

I GOTTA GET TOO DRUNK TO DREAM
CAUSE I ONLY DREAM OF YOU

>it's boring
Nice in depth criticism. If you're going to call something boring, then don't be boring yourself when you're criticizing it. You could have at least said "It's too repetitive" or something.

The Magnetic Fields are known for varied, sometimes eclectic instrumentation, and your favorite album of theirs is the only one where all of their songs sound the same? Do yourself a favor and put on 69 Love Songs right now.

>telling him to put on an album he clearly has already heard
You can't force someone to like something. And while production on the album sounds the same throughout, at the tracks heart, they do not all sound the same.

Do yourself a favor and Get Lost

Nonesuch, release this on vinyl already!

you should try jumping in front of the Wayward Bus

Try Medicines first two albums.

"When we started Magnetic Fields we purposely had one lesbian, one gay guy, one straight woman, and one straight man. The audience could identify with whomever they wanted. I hang out with more gay women now, but I guess I'm more of a fag hag than a lezzie hag."

IF THEY MUST GROW UP
THEY MARRY DUKES AND EARLS
I HATE CALIFORNIA GIRLS

>we purposely had one lesbian, one gay guy, one straight woman, and one straight man.
Is Shirley Simms a lesbian? Because Claudia wasn't always a lesbian. She was straight at one point. I'm wanting to think it was towards the beginning of The Magnetic Fields she was still straight.

Maybe the original singer Susan was a lesbian.

Did the band even have 4 members at that time?

>noise pop

It's lo-fi. Animal collective's STGSTV is noise pop

you might like get lost too

>It's lo-fi
Distortion is not lofi at all...The album was specifically designed to sound like a Jesus & Mary Chain album

And that's why it's one of the weakest Magnetic Fields albums.

Listen to this

The person on the bottom left is a woman.

BUY MORE STOCK IN ROSES

I still don't know if they look androgynous on purpose desu, i can't even tell who stephen merritt is on the cover

Merritt is not on the cover. The only MF member on the cover is the guy on the far left.

listen to early mercury rev

I've been a magnetic fields kick for a week or two, did you like the memoir?

This is the best MF album.

>All the Umbrellas in London
>Famous
>The Village in the Morning
>The Dreaming Moon
>Save a Secret for the Moon
>You and me and the Moon

69 Love Songs and Holiday come close though. Also, why does the moon pop up so much in their early albums?

>Psst
>Hey kid
>Want to buy a album?

I think it was Stephin, Claudia, Susan and Sam.