New Release Friday

What are you starting with?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenticular_printing
soundcloud.com/show-me-the-body
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nice, I forgot about this

ordered the Die Hard edition

Its kinda cool how he sounds exactly the same as what's now just shy of 50 years ago

Maybe it has a locked groove

Damn, 1/100

Why are they one sided?

I'm too skeptical after their previous releases to order this, lately they haven't been the most consistent band of all time.

It got released to Spotify 25 minutes ago if you wanna check it out.

They've never been consistent. They are the most hit and miss band I know. I do like their most recent releases though. This ones different. I've only heard the beginning of it, but it's not another ambient album. It's a concept album telling the story of a train crash

Damn, this is pretty good. I was prepared to be dissapointed, considering how their other recent releases went

I think each song is about a different train crash maybe.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenticular_printing

Not really apparent from that picture.

So what did everyone move on to next? Pretty good so far. Indie/synth pop

Shiet i didnt realize they were still making music, how do the new albums stack up to their classics?

the new Desperate Journalist is really good, check it out. The Smiths meets gothgaze

Where do I start with them?

Third reich and roll

Danke, they were pretty skimpy on previews.

>The Smiths meets gothgaze
Judging by this first song that would just simply be called The Cure

no it's a lot heavier than the Cure... obviously

Oh I don't know about that. I could probably pick out what Cure song that sounded like but either way it was really just the first song. It's been pretty good so far. I just finished All Over

Listening to the new Jesus and Mary Chain right now, I'm really liking it so far

God, i need this to be good after how shit the new Gorrilaz stuff is.

Starting now

The new Boss Hog might make an interesting follow up to this especially since it's been so long since both have put something out.

Uh oh trouble in paradise. Boss Hog looks to be blacked out. It doesn't seem to be on either Spotify or Bandcamp

One bump from oblivion

oh shit new residents?
wth is going on with that cover tho'

album is about train wrecks

so how is it??? I'm excited to listen later

really like it. will probably be my favorite of their recent releases
>"In a lot of ways I think for them this kind of harkens back to their [1979] Eskimo album than stuff they've done more recently." — Homer Flynn, Residents' manager and president of The Cryptic Corporation

I fucking love it. Feeling a 8.5-9/10. One of their best.

bump

where are all the Residents fans at today??

don't think there are that many fans here to begin with but i'm really digging it. hope they do a tour for it soon

Do I buy this or Eskimo on vinyl. That is the question

Listening to track one, holy shit, so far this feels feels a bit like Not Available

>17 unique posters
lmao

Resident fans are so autistic

...we're autistic because there are less of us?

At least it's an actual discussion.

>a thread where people are actually discussing an album by an artists they like instead of shitposting memes and politics
>"YOU GUYS ARE SO AUTISTIC"

how about you walk yourself back to one of the 50 Kendrick or Mt. Eerie threads there are buddy

Depends, do you wanna get a collectors edition of Ghost of Hope, or are you okay with a regular black copy?

An original of Eskimo will set you back about the same as then the 35 euro pressing,

It's alright so far
They have so much music , someone might like or not at all .

I don't really care about pretty packaging, I just want an experience, you know

I loved God in three persons, they should be playwrites

Eskimo then, it made the short list for the grammys back in '79 (so they say) and is considered one of the best albums in their disography.

It gets better, horrors of the night is my least favorite

I'm listening to the new Mount Eerie release at the moment

what are you even saying man?

What is your favorite track?

not him but probably death harvest

soundcloud.com/show-me-the-body

Holy shit I didn't know they had a new project out. Body War was one of my favorites from last year

Bump

new Bardo Pond album

This is way different and better than I thought it was gonna be, I'm super into it so far

new Wolf Eyes

Nice