Whatever you people think of this publication. They are tastemakers

Whatever you people think of this publication. They are tastemakers.

Not anymore. Whats a BNM discovery they have made post 2013 that has made a band big? None. They'll give BNM to either already hyped albums or albums that they "discovered" that get absolutely no attention or hype outside of their website.

Solange

of course they are. taste makers mostly affect the general populous of any group of listeners which stats show are usually the less intelligent majority. the rest filter out their music preferences with several variables that influence their choices rather than rely on a critic's review.

Imagine being op

They killed the underground and Sup Forums is helping by discussing only mainstream albums. Let's face it if your album is reviewed on P4K your music is popular. Just like you guys blew Will Toledo up you guys could do the same to other indie DIY artists that probably deserve it more than these cherry picked p4k approved safely produced garbage.

Of course they are, Sup Forums is basically the official Pitchfork forum

You dont necessarily have to be popular for them to review you. But if you arent already popular you wont get bnm or really any rating higher than a 7

>tastemakers

After they embraced poptamism they just promoted whatever top 40 pop slut or nigger the record companies told them to promote.

They lost anything unique.

They were, they really arent that relevant anymore

Despite trying so desperately hard to be progressive and not racist by giving basically any music trending on black social media a 7+, they essentially just find black artists who are about to blow up of their own hard work and then hijack that hype and buzz in the last 5 yards and refocus the whole thing onto them, thus making them the actual racists

get fucked desu

This. They were tastemakers 5 years ago, now days no one really gives a shit about them.

The thing about poptamism is that pretending you are a rebel by liking music that is popular is like some cognitive dissonance retardation
P4K used to be the place that broke new bands.
Now they are the place that promotes the same shit the nme or rolling stone does.

I always say, poptmism, is the embrace of mediocrity.

They chose to become sjw's, corporate stooges, only promote anything with nigs or women, only promote things that are already popular.
P4k doesnt make anyones taste anymore

Will Toledo was the exception
Most of the albums/bands that blow up on or thanks to Sup Forums just become cult favorites and even those are few and far between (Dan Barrett and Sweet Trip are the only ones that come to mind).

Honestly I don't think Pitchfork have been tastemakers for a while. Most of the shit they've been pushing the past few years was already going to be huge before they got involved

None of these artists would be anything without Pitchfork.a

>Drake wouldn't be anything without Pitchfork
Full retard

p4k started out like a cool hip, obscure, tastemaker, now they just review the albums everyone else reviews. but also they are annoying as fuck sjw's so its even more cringey and you stop caring what p4k thinks.

I think they can still break or make a musician, but its getting less and less so, one day p4k is just going to be rolling stone tier and have nothing unique about them.

Can anyone green text a tl;dr so I can argue about this like I know what I'm talking about?

Like, Beyonce's sister?

For people who hate pitchfork you all can't shut the fuck up about them

consequences will never be the same

somewhere around 2009 they decided indie rock was for WHITE MAILS!!!!, then started promoting garbage meme rap and pretending like beyonce is good, maybe for sjw reasons, maybe to get more clicks, either way, now p4k is just like every other music reviewer

you are exctly what is wrong with Sup Forums

>pitchfork aws great when they pandered to my demographic with lame music but now that they pander to other demographics with lame music fuck them!!!

just use a different site you loser

its true thogh.
In the search for clicks and liberal pats on the back they abandon what makes them unique and started reviewing the same music that everyone else does.

Their opinion holds no weight now

or maybe they genuinely hold shitty opinions
>started reviewing the same music that everybody else does
?

How you go from promoting indie rock music to trying to force beyonce onto hipsters because the record company bribed you.

We fucking know what youre doing p4k

they were

who the fuck cares about corporate shills p4k nowadays? I couldn't even name 5 bnm artist from the past year that's how little I care about p4k now

used to be back in the days (before mbdtf) I would get home from school and eagerly check p4k for some bnm and was almost never disappointed

although to be fair indie rock is basically dead so they had to expand into other genres, going full mainstream corporate shilling was full retard though