How do I become better at talking to the crowd between songs?

How do I become better at talking to the crowd between songs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iSLb_i4Rmek?t=7m11s
youtu.be/Kc0MaV09y4k?t=36m11s
youtu.be/PNCfYxZLRJE?t=11s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

stop doing it

just randomly quote popular movies, crowd loves it when Mac Demarco does it

relax
and if you genuinely have nothing to say then don't bother forcing anything, only when you actually want to say something, not just out of perceived obligation
nobody will even notice if you only say things like "thank you" and so forth. go at your own pace and you'll get better, cause in the meantime it's fine with or without you talking to the crowd anyway

"How about them [local sports team]"

Have some personal opinions that you want to share? Share them. If the crowd likes you they'll eat that shit up.

You aren't Henry Rollins though, so don't take too long.

Humor. Brand New's Jesse Lacey is always pretty funny between songs.

Either that or he kicks people out. youtu.be/iSLb_i4Rmek?t=7m11s

"I fucked that one up let's do it again."

>You guys alright out there?
>You ready to rock (heh)?
>You might know this next one (or not) ...

henry rollins is a fag and a half and you're a faggot tripfag that sucks cocks by choice

>I NEED SOME AXE BODY SPRAY

HE DID NOT JUST GO THERE

FUCKING GOTEEM

Pics or didn't happen!

TRUMP TALK

pretend to speak another language

i either make jokes about how i fucked up because i'm shit, or yell at the crowd to Money Match me, won't even use my main

kek

just do a sorority noise and fill up all the tuning time with jams and little covers.

Pretend you don't know where you're drink is.

Practice stand-up comedy

>"So what's the deal with those hipsters listening to weird music?"

Drink a pint, that will help. Also just be nice and distant, unless you actually know how to do efficient joke

This
Works even better if your bass player can slap some funky lines

ouch

Write a speech or a soliloquy or something that sets the tone for the next song.

drop the mic after every song and bring a backup mic

kek

Huh, when I saw them play a day festival they came on stage, none of them said a word or barely looked at the crowd, played for an hour then left. After that I just assumed Jesse was kind of a dick on stage and just generally in real life.

keep doing it and find your general groove. it should feel natural. feed off your anxiety and it'll lessen as you do it more and more. bottle it in and you'll establish that as your norm.
on the other hand, there are musicians who barely talk and that's fine too.

Watched a live vid of mac and he broke his strings and started restringing his guitar in the middle of the show and not a single second was wasted. the band kept everyone entertained.

youtu.be/Kc0MaV09y4k?t=36m11s

Well I've never seen them at a festival, but when they were touring with Modest Mouse Jesse was pretty lively.

youtu.be/PNCfYxZLRJE?t=11s

As an opening act you don't.

Underrated