All these songs released today have been good and all (especially saturnz barz -- which is trending 1# on Youtube)...

All these songs released today have been good and all (especially saturnz barz -- which is trending 1# on Youtube), but when are we going to get back to expanding on the lore?

I'd like to know what happened inbetween Plastic Beach and Do Ya Thing, or better yet, how the fuck Russel managed to return to his normal height; considering he was a literal giant when we last saw him in DYT.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9W44NWYwa1g
youtube.com/watch?v=bSqPj3gdBBw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You know they released a whole bunch of comics a few months ago in October? They explained that Russel got captured by North Korea and they kept him in a tank until he went back to normal and then he escaped.

These are called: The Book Of Russel, Murdoc, Noodle and 2D

Holy fuck, I didn't know about this. Thanks user.

Seriously? Saturnz Barz is terrible. Not as bad as we got the power but still, the four songs released are easily the worst gorillaz songs so far, and that's coming from someone that actually liked plastic beach

No problem, They are a great read and they clear up a lot of shit. This was literal the peak of the Phase 4 hype before today.

>caring about the "lore" of a fake band

>Seriously? Saturnz Barz is terrible
It seems the reception for this song has been you either hate or love it, most of the feedback I've has been favorable. I like it myself too.

Have you listened to the Fall??

And give it time lol, everyone hated Plastic Beach at first. I'm sure once the album comes out everyone will have a different opinion. Personally I love the new singles and they feel different and refreshing. They even said that this album will be completely different from the other ones and that's what made me excited for it. I hate when bands try to copy their older work.

The fall gets a pass because it was made on an iPad while they were on tour

This shit is 7 years in the making

Andromeda > Saturnz Barz = We Got The Power > Hallelujah Money >>> Ascension

The fall gets a pass because it was made on an iPad while they were on tour

This shit is 7 years in the making. But I'll wait till the album comes out to see if it really is ass. We got the power is still the worst song I've heard all year though

I thought the fall had some good tracks, namely two, but aside from that it's my least favorite album out of the whole Gorillaz library including the side albums. It's impressive having been made using an iPad though.

but it had only 1.5yrs, he got off tour with blur and then made this

I fucking hated saturnz barz

Now I can't get it out of my head

Alright, you have a valid point. Now tell me WHY the new songs are terrible? is it because they don't sound like Feel Good Inc?

I don't like them because they sound extremely generic. The just sound like generic radio/ club shit, which apparently is what Damon wants for this album

Gorillaz is very known for that, In 2006 when Feel Good Inc got #14 on the billboards I fucking hated it but then after a few months it grew on me, it's still not my favorite but it's still a great song. Same with plastic beach. I used to skip the whole album but now I can listen to the album continuously without skips

I don't know about all of you but, my dick aches for Noodle.

My dick has been aching for noodle since demon days when I was a wanky teenager
hands off my waifu faggots

I'll take The Fall over anything they've released from Humanz so far. Revolving Doors, Detroit, Amarillo, and Aspen Forest are all solid tracks.

>implying bands can't evolve in a bad direction

>Revolving Doors, Detroit, Amarillo, and Aspen Forest are all solid tracks.
What about Hillbilly man?

I can see where your coming from but sometimes "extremely generic" isn't always a bad thing. Even if it's generic it still doesn't make it a bad song, I find myself enjoying the new 4 songs and I'm excited to hear whats to come.

You forgot the best gorillaz song of all, Seattle yodel

No they can, I mean I am a fan of Coldplay lol. But what i'm trying to say that I personally enjoy the new songs (except hallelujah money)

oshit u right.

This, Gorillaz is Damon Albarn and collaborators, talking about the lore of the band's characters is autistic as fuck

The lore is pretty bad, I don't really care anymore since Damon doesn't care either. It's pretty fucking stupid.

My noodle is aching for dick.

the rap on this album so far is atrocious.

how did they go from MF DOOM, De la soul and del the funky homosapien to this shit.

saturnz bars is unlistenable and everything else is just so...generic in the worst way possible.

These songs in conjunction have been fun loving until now and that is what most people want from their music me included.

You know De La Soul is gonna be on the new album?

"in conjunction with their videos"

i didn't, is there a complete list of collabs yet?

just checked and there is.

my hopes for this album are out the window.

Its grown on me, like most Gorillaz songs I've come to dislike

Yes, google it.

Don't set your expectations high if you have doubts.

The only good one is Andromeda. The rest are bad.

>I personally enjoy the new songs
>I am a fan of Coldplay
>lol
Ah well now it makes sense.

We Can is the only track I can even listen to.

Gorillaz has a lore?

>have you listened to the fall?
No u

>They even said that this album will be completely different from the other ones and that's what made me excited for it. I hate when bands try to copy their older work.
you poor, young soul

Find me a song in the top 40 that sounds like ascension or we've got the power

Obligatory 'REEEEEEEEEEEEEE'

So, do i think the lore is good? Eh...
But the artwork that came with it was what really made me love it, jamie hewlett's a hell of an artist, especially his world building (only people who read 'tank girl: the odyssey' may dispute)

Fuck yea it does
Its main lore book 'rise of the ogre' is a much sought after artifact now, (like 100 bucks on ebay)

youtube.com/watch?v=9W44NWYwa1g

no, there was a blur album in the middle there. this is maybe like 2 or 3.

The "story" itself isn't anything deep or special but damn if those interactive websites/games they made didn't create a great maximalist atmosphere. You could explore their wasteland studio and Plastic Beach and stuff, it was actually pretty cool.

Also El Manana's pretty fucking sad.

Andromeda is the only good one.
Saturnz Barz is fucking terrible.

Ascension and Andromeda are great

good signs

Ascension is good. Saturnz Barz isn't that great though, you are right.

>I hate when a band/artist sticks to its own style, perfecting it over the years and builds upon a foundation of excellence they establish and instead throw random shit at the wall hoping it sticks and becomes trendy
When will this retarded modernist trend of "I gotta always be unique for the sake of being unique instead of sticking to one thing and trying to perfect it" end?

>pic kinda related

Sounds like a scam

There's no way magic whip took more than a year to make and this is coming from a guy who likes magic whip

>since demon days
Youre like a little baby.
I wanted to fuck her since the debut album

>Ascension [is] great
NIGGA SHOOTING A WHITE MAN

ever since that jaguar promotion video

>mfw Andromeda

WHAT PROMOTION VIDEO

maximum hnnnnnng

youtube.com/watch?v=bSqPj3gdBBw