/prod/ - Music Production General

Twoism edition

Post the tracks you're working on, discuss general music production. Learn why cuties love modulars and why moot thinks general threads are just chatrooms.

Remember to use:
>clyp.it for WIPs
>soundcloud for completed tracks and getting called a fag for not going to soundcloud threads.

Stuff:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles and stuff
pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q

>/prod/ wiki - looking for contributors (wink, wink)
mu-sic-production.wikia.com/wiki/Sup Forumssic_Production_Wiki

RULES
> before posting your track you have to give at least 1 feedback or your post will be ignored

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/e1pneoi5
clyp.it/hciuv33p
clyp.it/phcvwwa3
clyp.it/zj4iep2j
clyp.it/3wq3imoy
clyp.it/ih0faaum
clyp.it/o3rssa4w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how you guys deal with pressure of next piece living up to the hype

also how you install plugins to FL Studio like the nicky romero or infected mushroom apps

+how to get into recording all the samples yourself coz that ´s what i´d wanna give a shot to have no copyright problems

I have a kickdrum sample (wav), how do I add variations to it to make it sound more realistic? Just automating a filter wouldn't do the trick I'd imagine.

I would like to hear your opinion on this. I know there are some glaring flaws such as and the bass patch. Didn't really know how to end it.

clyp.it/e1pneoi5

>how to get into recording all the samples yourself
1. buy a mic
2. do it

clyp.it/hciuv33p

what do you guys think?

>how you guys deal with pressure of next piece living up to the hype
after awhile this fear will go away. just keep making stuff

if i were you i'd probably end it with the lead at 2:02 playing by itself

it just sounds like a long intro. I assume this is intentional?

it's a wip, full track will probably be around 6 minutes

what ya folks think about this one

clyp.it/phcvwwa3

planning to add vocals over it soon

ITT: compare your most recent track with something you made a year ago

I made this a year ago:
clyp.it/zj4iep2j

I finished this yesterday:
clyp.it/3wq3imoy

the difference is night and day.

the mixing is so bad on this i wouldn't even bother putting vocals over it because it's just going to probably drown out the already quiet drums. definitely start working on figuring out how to make your mixes better

what would you reccomend for improving the mix?

how do i learn to program breakcore drums?

I don't know much about mixing still but if i was you i'd probably boost the transients on the kick and the snare with a transient designer and put some compression on them and put a limiter on the master chain.
Also, I'm gonna guess you don't have any plugins on your master chain? you should probably look into learning about that stuff too.
I'm btw

Just started making trap/hip hops, just working with fruity loops studio and a crappy pc. My tracks just sound cheap, how do I learn some production for free, any useful links?

I did this today clyp.it/ih0faaum
Yesterday I did this thing

cant even write, sorry, but I made that thing today and I'd like any kind of help really

you should take the doom verse off, it's not in time with the beat and it sounds bad timestretched

start by copying the drums on a track you like. also there's a lot of glitching up in those kinds of drums, you should get stutter and glitch they help out with shit like this.

Is it easy to learn how to use a sampler?

I came across a cheap akai mpc 2500 (300$, is it a good price?) and I'm thinking about getting it but I'm in college and working so I won't have much time to really learn from the ground up, rather I want something I can fuck around with.

In videos I see these guys sampling and churning out a beat in a day, how long on average does it take for people to do this?

What programs are necessary? memory cards? turntables? is it fun?

fuck this is good stuff. really impressed, user.

>clyp.it/e1pneoi5
this is really good, the organ sound makes the vibe imo. Just needs some gorrillaz-teir lead vocals and guitar licks here and there. flaws aren't as glaring as you'd think. nice work

last thread died, thanks for the feedback. Never heard of tin man, thanks for the recc. your track is really good user, love that complex synth/percussion going on! im a bit envious tbqh

>clyp.it/3wq3imoy
really nice mix, sounds clean and crisp. instrumentation gives off a MJ thriller vibe but with a french house flare, in a good way. just curious, how did you handle the bulk of your processing? mostly on individual tracks, mostly on the sum of tracks, or combination of both?

keep up the great work /prod/

pretty much all of the processing was on individual tracks.

bump

Made some adjustments to muh guitar + drum track I made the other day lads. Might add more to it once I think of something.

clyp.it/o3rssa4w

Learn Renoise.

Program the drum pattern first with a sensible number of different hits and at a very slow tempo, then go through and switch out the hats and snares for loads of different ones. After that increase the tempo right up the point it starts to sound a bit silly.

Do it in 7/4 if you want to sound like Venetian Snares.

I would lowpass the guitar a little bit. The high end on it is irrating