Culturally speaking, is his following the more modern/evolved scenesters of the 10s...

Culturally speaking, is his following the more modern/evolved scenesters of the 10s? Seems like a more modern my chemical romance in that sense, nu-scenesters that all dress, act, and think the same way with pretension of being unique. Fits the bill to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nBal1492TvM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yeah

This, but unironically.

You mean stoners?

dont know why but i always find 'passing out pieces' so sad

No not really. Here's why. You're looking at this from your own frame of reference.

The "scenesters" you knew in the 00s were probably like 16 at the time.

The Mac Demarco following is a little bit older. It's not the same people who were scenesters. The only similarities I see is that both groups are annoying. They're not really similar.

I am about to graduate high school, that's 18 for whiny rule 2 assholes

every single "alt" kid is like this. i dont know how old you are, but its like that in any liberal city high school.

and I mostly mean, this might be the new "scene" of the 10s.

those aren't alt kids tbqh. and macs scene is pretty small compared to the scene days. i mean the scene had freaking warped tour with a bunch of other artist . now majority of mac fans need to be able to afford festivals to see him.

yeah it probably seems annoying now but branch out and you'll realize mac is a nobody

stop making this thread

>yeah it probably seems annoying now but branch out and you'll realize mac is a nobody
telling me to branch out? I've been to high school in three different countries and they're all like this. I think you're out of touch, old fart.

Bro we just love the music man like wtf. Who cares if people dress like him his style is chill too and it's cheap. The music is great too everyone loves it.

>we
Proof OP is correct.

> I've been to high school in three different countries
wow you met maybe max 100 kids?
are you telling me they all smoke viceroys and dress the same?
what about the other millions of ppl on earth?
mac isn't even an headliner at any of the festivals he attends.

This

No one talks shit about Death Grips or Bones fans who have some stupid altright meme cult surrounding them but Mac fans get ripped on here every day. mac's just a good musician and fun guy. Mac's fans are everyone. You can't stereotype everyone who listens to one of the best artists of our generation.

yo dude he's so chill

Sounds like you're in denial that you're a scenester faggot. I meant mostly western schools. again every single "alt" kid was like that, which is what the scene kids were in the early 2000s. probably around 2000-3000 kids when all are combined

>. You can't stereotype everyone who listens to one of the best artists of our generation.
well this is why ppl shit on mac fans when you say dumb stuff like this. he hasn't made a single album over an 7/10

>wtf

NORMIES GET OUT

again how do you know what every single alt kid was like when you're 18?????
in the early 2000s you was wiping snot off your nose lmao

Name 3 artists as good or better than Mac that match his level of popularity this decade.

Even if he hasn't made anything over 7/10 all his albums are 7/10 which means he's one of the most consistent artists out there right now. Tame Impala might be the one competitor. All the tracks that leaked from the new album are at least 8/10.

B A I T

Sorry man. You're the modern evolution of those fags that liked my chemical romance and had that stupid ass hair.

>Name 3 artists as good or better than Mac that match his level of popularity this decade.
grimes
father john misty
arctic monkeys
lana del rey
travis scott
kendrick lamar
yung lean
vampire weekend
animal collective
fleet foxes
the weeknd

wow user that's a lot of alt kids that uve met hahahahahaa

you're dumb as fuck kid
mac demarco and mcr sound nothing alike
just get out of your bubble
mac fans are all ages races and genders no one size fits all thing

>grimes
lol
>fjm
not as popular
>arctic monkeys
not as good
>lana del rey
not as good
>travis scott
not as good
>kendrick lamar
different genre
>yung lean
literal meme
>vampire weekend
ok
>animal collective
2000s band, on decline, not as popular
>fleet foxes
maybe
>the weeknd
different genre

THIS THREAD IS MAKING ME WANT TO KIIIIILLLL MYSEELLLLLLLF
thanks guys

You were the kids who listened to MCR/Blink182/Green Day/Attack Attack/Warped Tour shit in middle school.

Now you're the kids who copy Mac Demarco's style instead of hot topic emo kid style. You all dress similar and have the same "lol post irony dank meme xD" humor which is similar to the "random rawr xD" scene kid thing. You smoke overpriced viceroy cigs because Mac does. You're just trendster faggots.

>fjm
not as popular
they both have the same amount of fucking twitter followers and he just did an interview with fucking zane lowe for beats one and elliot john. hes way more popular than mac
sort yourself out

Yes

>>the weeknd
>different genre
they both make fucking pop music for teens how is a different genre

yeah, and my chemical romance sounded little like the scene shit of the 90s, nirvana or whatever else. is right. shit just evolved. me_irl/ironic suicide joke shit is the new "rawr xd". you basic son.

Dude you have no idea what you're even saying fucking step back. Just chill and stop judging people based on music bro.

>AND HES A BERNIE BRO ON TOP OF IT
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

>bernie
>mac demarco fan

sounds about right

You're a gem dude holy shit. you're digging yourself deeper and deeper, how new are you? be honest.

this cuck

Not my President

How do we kill the ciggy meme man?

youtu.be/nBal1492TvM

I think Mac Demarco is okay but for real fuck off

reminder that you cant discuss mac demarco here ever since salad days came out

youre not really convincing anyone he brings up some points desu

This guy wants to be Sam Hyde so badly

>dude
>fucking step back
>just chill and stop judging bro

this is why we make of fun of you guys.

no critical thinking. just a mess of stoner horseshit and SoCal slang

that's a stretch

just got tumblry and normified

Nick is that you?

Lung cancer will get him soon enough

>>arctic monkeys
>not as good

This is bait.

>mac isn't even an headliner at any of the festivals he attends.

can confirm, not getting mainstage in belgium this summer ;_;

(not that mainstage is inherently more fun it just gives him 0% chance of being blasted over by rihanna or some other gay shit like last year)

>fucking step back

anyone that copies any particular artist's style on purpose should be shot and hanged, in that order.

that being said, mac fans really dont stand out.
maybe because he has such calm music, maybe because his fans are boring drab people, who knows.
I think it's the former but you clearly made up your mind

>implying there's anything wrong with bernie
not american and not him but he seems p cool lads give him a chance

on topic, mac's ok, he had a couple of decent albums with a fairly samey sound, i don't know why he's as big as he is but he seems like a nice guy so good for him

>hey scenesters! Hey, hey scenesters!

The fucks wrong with this? Can't people have a place or look they can identify with? Yes I get the fakeness of someone immediately dressing up as mac demarco and acting like they know all the songs is a bit fucked up but its not like its the worst crime of all in music.

It's almost like you guys don't want any type of basic culture in rock/ndie music anymore.

>It's almost like you guys don't want any type of basic culture in rock/ndie music anymore.
yeah stop being a fucking sheep.

>sheep

Okay buddy, I'll stop being a sheep when you tell me what i'm doing wrong here. Does that make you happy?

>It's like this in every liberal city highschool

You know fellow 'murican, not everywhere is like the sates
Is amazing how Americans think they are alone in the world
And no, I'm not from Uganda or something like that, I'm from the same continent as you

Even reddit has better taste than this shit board You faggots are hopeless

>It's almost like you guys don't want any type of basic culture in rock/ndie music anymore.
Nobody who isn't a massive faggot wants to hear about indie music anymore

I mean I wish that was true.

its not about making me happy. its about making yourself happy without buying into another subculture that sells you a personality

you mean indie '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''music'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ?

I find his music incredibly boring but he's hilarious in all of the interviews I've seen him in, so it's hard to say how I feel about him.

I will say that he at least seems genuine and sincere about what he's doing, whereas MCR very much seems like the product of a focus group in a board room.

Maybe, if you include stuff like Tame Impala, King Gizzard, Vaporwave stuff, and maybe even Tyler the Creator with him

Basically plebs who shop at thrift stores and think they're cool

But in my experience there's two types of those scenesters; the ones who evolved into the hipster who listens to Mac and vaporwave and "chill" music, or the ones who never grew out of it and listen to the Story So Far, and other bands I forget the name of that are "POP PUNK BRO", ADTR and other hipster offshoots of that sound. Perpetual manchildren.

Like being realistic, whats with the hidden hate against people that are labelled "Hipsters"?

Like I'm assuming people paint the image of these people as douchey and someone with an ego almost as big as John Lennon's ego in his prime.

ugh

>Sup Forums I expect
"You listen to this guy"
"Nah not for me, but thanks for the rec"
"Nice, see you later user"

>Sup Forums in reality
"you why haven't you niggers listened to artist of decade?" (wow look at me I made a thread to expose my taste for the community)
"hahahahahaha, all the listeners of X are dumb, because the nu-scene"
*someone adds political theor*
*thread goes to shit*

Who gives a damn?
Mac Shitmarco is a talentless hack that doesn't deserve %1 of the attention he gets anyways

t. hipster

I think hipster being something of a catch-all term now, I MYSELF interpret it as a person who tries too hard, is pretentious, basically "fakes the funk", hops onto whatever trend they are told is cool. Coolness is something I think you either have or you don't, and it can't be faked, and a lot of so-called hipsters are the people trying to fake it.

Giving proof that Sup Forums is a bunch of raging virgins

just like mac fans

I thought a mixture of mac fans were stoners that looked kind of like evan breen but in mac demarco clothing

I'm pretty sure the female fans are just huge fucking thots.

the hipsters you're talking about are the ones in suburbs. young people in big cities are predominantly hipsters, but at least the way they dress or whatever doesn't sum up their personality. speaking from experience who lives in jersey but mostly knows people from nyc