Is literature superior to music as an art form?

Is literature superior to music as an art form?

I mean, do Infinite Jest, Catcher in the Rye and The Fault in Our Stars contain more artistic merit than the works of musicians like Anne Erin Clark and Beethoven?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=blnnQMEAfo8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that girl is hot

>people still think smoking dope is cool or in any way rebellious

no

pee pee poo poo :)

IT IS AGAINST THE LAW, SO YOU ARE REBELLING AGAINST THAT IN A WAY. STUPID, DUMB IDIOT

youtube.com/watch?v=blnnQMEAfo8

>The Fault in Our Stars
the answer is yes, on a purely intellectual level literature is significantly more advanced than derivative pop music.

what a crazy world we live in that having conservative views is actually counterculture but ur right

Not really

le alt girl with fringe cut, probably has hairy armpits and watches bobs burgers. boring af tbqh

>anne erin clark

????? why would you refer to her this ? way????

The Fault in Our Stars is my favourite Explosions in the Sky's album

you have to be at least 18 to post here.

>intellectual level literature
>derivative pop music

*tips fedora*

Yes, but I wouldn't compare within the two. Literature is absolutely superior in most every aspect.

the cool dudes switched to Purple drank

>hip hop
>cool

my parents listen to that shit

>that little droplet of watery snot on the tip of her nose
C U T E
U
T
E

>lists three examples of literature
>all novels
>being this pleb

poetry and drama exist dingus

what are you doing on this board? it's basically 90% kanye/drake circlejerking

funny coming from an aut-rightist

That's hard to answer. Consumption of literature is far more superior than consumption of music. Now, in terms of creation, I would say literature is almost always superior. However, not always. You alluded to Beethoven. I would say Beethoven's compositional product was more impressive than many writers' literary accomplishments through the years.

Depends

>Infinite Jest, Catcher in the Rye and The Fault in Our Stars

this

This made me mad at first but the picture actually fits the overall theme of the book. How people entertain themselves.

>listing fault in our stars in same sentence as the other two
:thinking:

No, conservatism is still normal.

Conservatism, though, has zero spirituality and has been sabotaged into a nihilist ideology on par with Communist dictatorships.

Being deeply spiritual, sympathetic, and sincere first, and political second (or not at all) is the last true counter culture.

it's a nose piercing

mira gonzales just smokes weed all day every day. she didn't even finish infinite jest. she's a pseudointellectual who published a book of her tweets.

this board has terrible taste in women, and music. sad!

this is one of the worst things I've ever read m. thanks

Music is superior to any other art.

bob dylan won the nobel prize
so music