What's the best home defense weapon. I'm considering buying a gun. Keep in mind I live in Rhode Island

What's the best home defense weapon. I'm considering buying a gun. Keep in mind I live in Rhode Island.

Weapon?*

Pump action 18.5" barrel 12 gauge shotgun or 9mm handgun. Easiest to operate, generally can be had for pretty cheap, and usually legal in even commie states.

Any particular brands?

You're all wrong
The answer is a moat, with alligators

If you're going cheap I'd do a Mossberg Maverick Model 88. Was my boy's first shotgun for Christmas and I was surprised at how well it holds up.

If you're 21+, try building what's called an AR15 pistol. The .223 round is actually a great home defense round as far as ballistics, and if you register a lower receiver as a "handgun" and build it with like a 10.5" barrel and a "stabilizer" stock for AR pistols, you'd have yourself a nice system.

Or just get a regular handgun. My recommendation is my personal favorite: a Glock 21. .45 does good in homes because a wall stud will stop it from penetrating.

That's home defense choices in a nutshell, I guess. Do more reading, do not ask people here. Sup Forums is the worst place to ask.

Shotgun.

Use wax slugs to prevent over penetration.
Use wax slugs to destroy intruders.
Unload and dispose of all of them before the police show up, and load up regular slugs for when they take your gun.

Profit.

My recommendation? Mossberg 590 special purpose, preferably with the light on the foregrip.

Thank you for your advise, I'll look into what you mentioned. I was considering a mini Draco but it's probably overkill

A moat is a defensive fortification, not a weapon.

Stupid.

is there something wrong with wax slugs that makes them illegal?

>Rhode Island
>Pump action 18.5" barrel 12 gauge shotgun

Best choice. You don't want an errant round to travel too far or you could hit someone in Massachusetts.

Shotgun with bird shot, won't penetrate many walls as much as a handgun routdoors would go all the way through the house

Couple things:

I'm not sure but I don't think using wax slugs on intruders is inherently illegal.

I also have no idea why you think loading your tube with regular slugs would do anything because they'd probably notice the dickload of lead shot and wax in the dead guy.

I see what you did there

I giggled.

Its a manufactured thing.

While not proven, I would imagine a DA would probably push to make them be viewed in some kind of "booby trap" way, that by making them and using them to defend your home, you were just waiting for someone to come into your home just so you could kill them without mercy.

I don't know if they are commercially made, but if they are, I would go that route instead if possible.

But then again, maybe swapping out the shells will be viewed in a negative light so, who knows.

huh that's odd. I know people who shoot a lot of more expensive rounds tend to make their own to save money and get exactly what they want.

I can't imagine anyone actually trying to prosecute this. It would be suicide to your public image. Besides the suspect didn't know they existed so it wouldn't influence his decision making at all.

Baseball bat

You're probably right

If you kill a dude in your house, you are going to be investigated, and possibly tried. While it is legal to defend yourself in your home, you are still murdering someone (murder being a human killing another human). I would prepare for a possible prosecution when determining a home defense option.
It is the DA's job to win as many cases as possible. If there is something strange, like you went out of your way to cobble together a home-made, irregular round like a wax slug, they might just decide to prosecute. Who knows. I would still use them because they are fucking deadly, and barely go through a couple layers of drywall.

Maybe I'm overly paranoid, I just prefer to ere on the side of caution when concerning the law.

RIfag, and /k/ommando
Mossberg 500 is a good shotgun and can be found for $300-350
>16 year old can buy it with parent (must complete a safety test that's usually found at the beagle club)
>18 year olds can buy any rifle/shotgun they want without said safety course
>anyone under 21 cannot own a handgun but can operate one at a shooting range
>21 and over can purchase any handgun so long as they have a "blue card"
>blue card test can be done at any gun shop for free and can actually be completed while purchasing your handgun
Check out D&L shooting supplies in Warwick. Pretty large selection and okay staff
But, if you want a friendly little shop Competition shooting supplies in Pawtucket (it's tucked away between a carpeting store and a tattoo shop) has a great owner, John Francis.

Any other questions?

A white neighborhood.

Git urself a harpoon and a parot m8y!

Also,
>one week wait period after your purchase
>blue card comes to you via snail mail in 3-4 days so you'll get your blue card even before your handgun

Nope, thanks for the tip. What part of RI are you from?

The only weapon any true man uses isn't a gun, OP. You have the only weapon you will ever need.

more of pic related?

Best weapon? Live in North Kingstown

lol k then
i shoot you and rape your wife and take your daughter as a whore
you sure were a real man by refusing to use a gun

I punch your bullet back at your ugly faggot face, steal your wallet, then drag your half-dead body back to your place and make you watch while I fuck your gf and steal your cat.
>no gun needed

Cumberland
You?
>captcha asked for store fronts
>two of them were Dunkin donuts shops
Fuck you too captcha

As your lawyer, I advise you:

"If you decide to keep a baseball bat in your trunk, please also keep a baseball mitt and a few baseballs in your trunk."

>kill them without mercy

So what would a merciful round be?

I Live in Cranston