ITT: sequels that were better than the first

ITT: sequels that were better than the first

evil dead 2

You're literally (in a literal way) retarded if you think T2 and all the other crap were better than Terminator.

/thread

Im not a r tard

Autism

Best movie in the entire series.

Put more effort in your trolling skills

If anyone says Aliens in this thread, then you're a fucking idiot.

Aliens is a great movie, but it is not a good sequel.

Alien is an out and out horror film. Jaws or Haloween in space.

Aliens is an action flick.

Star Wars (the old new trilogy)

Hot Shots: Part Deux
Shrek 2
Rambo 3 + John Rambo (yeah I know, unpopular opinion, as long as we all agree that part 2 was the weakest)

DB evolution 2 because it can't be worse hence the sequel is better

so much better many don't even know it was part 2

fucker you beat me by 15 seconds

Is that a sequel or a reboot?

I wouldn't necessarily say 'better', but it's extremely well done while going in a completely different direction than the first movie.

Truth.

I think this guy is right.

that's bullshit though.

bullshit #2

>inb4 Borderlands

It is a sequel to a movie I didn't find interesting at all.

Even Fury Road isn't a reboot I think.

World War II

this

goddammit I was going to post that. wtf I'm too slow this morning.

Highly awesome movie. SFX and story came out of nowhere. seen it at least 50 times.

And probably better than the third one, but it's a clear winner against Pitchblack

Nah, WWII wasn't as complex as the original. It's far more straightforward, lacking the in thematic nuance of the first. Overall inferior aesthetics.

Still somebody should tell Vin Diesel to improve the metastory of his films, because they barely make any sense.

>bullshit #2
Do you really find the first movie better than the second one?
Apart from the last 30 minutes the first movie just seems empty to me.

Dank

pitch black had less cgi and shit but was better than the second movie.

I like the 2nd half of the 3rd one, once the Mercs get involved. Not too much of a fan of the him vs. the monster beginning bit.

Best part of Pitch Black: "Did not know who was fuckin' with"

He's probably too damn rich with the FandF movies to bother making anymore unf.

Rambo is the same as Aliens. It's a good movie, but it isn't really a good sequel.

A sequel should take the original idea and take it to a higher level. Show you more of the thing that made the first movie so good.

Aliens turns the unknown into ants or bees.

Rambo takes a PTSD sufferer and makes him a hero.

They both use the original as nothing more than a platform to make a completely disconnected movie.

A perfect sequel is Predator 2.

The original is set in a remote jungle. So what would a pred be like in a huge city?

We see more gadgets, we see inside the spaceship, and we more than one of them.

Not better than the original. But just as good. And a perfect sequel.

good film

Except the story was shit

Actually, this was a reboot, not a sequel. They had money this time.

7 was the best

It's no better or worse than the original.

We're talking about sequels.

Came here to post this.
Evil Dead 2 > Army Of Darkness >Evil Dead >Evil Dead (2013).

just gonna leave this here

I think it's kinda the same thing as Pitch Black or the Rambo series, or even Alien. The first movies feel more powerful and surprising because their specific atmosphere and world appear slowly.
I agree with this guy in general, but am downloading Mad Max 2 right now cos it's been 20 years since I last watched it.

ok you are reading into this more than I am. I'm not too worried about adhering to the word "sequel" and all that it means as much as #2 > #1.

>He's probably too damn rich with the FandF movies to bother making anymore unf.

He actually really likes those movies. He'd make them for himself.

T2 was nothing more than an advert for CGI.

And Arny had decided that he wanted to go into politics and would only do it if he was a good guy.

The only good Terminator movie is the first one. The rest are all bullshit cash cows.

That's not part 2

sequal doesnt mean it has to be the second

fucking idiot

Spiderman 2

The movie has very little CGI.

You can also post your favorite book sequel, I don't see why you can't carrying on with this bullshit

Not a huge Nolan fan, but I think Batman Begins is the real masterpiece of that trilogy.

I hope so.
Supposedly instead of salary for pitch black he wanted the rights to Riddick, so boom you get 2 more movies. He has to get his flabby ass back in shape and fire up some more. Nothing planned showing on IMDB

You are incredibly stupid. Kill yourself ASAP.

although they kept mispronouncing falcone, whihc i can look past, like many people.

Totally wrong, the first is time travel story with a lot imaginative ideas, such as artificial intelligence, the frailty but perseverance of humans and the threat of technology.

The second was one large handjob to Arnie, memes galore and an totally implausible "liquid metal" robot thingy.
First was a real sci fi movie the second a clap fest for teens.

Part 7 has the best Jason and kills, (when they're uncut) but 6 has the best characters, plotline, pacing, and was the moment that the series finally embraced being a full on horror comedy.
Seriously, this is one of the most underrated horror comedies of the 1980's, the golden age of the subgenre.

Most overrated piece of crap of all time.

Same here. We're a large minority unfortunately.

TDK is good but I feel overrated
Rises was very disappointing
Begins is a really great origin and sets the tone for a 'new' type of Batman more grounded in reality

hey atleast it's not fallout 3

>am downloading Mad Max 2 right now cos it's been 20 years since I last watched it.

I watched it again recently after seeing Fury Road and I really find it very impressive (and in the end Fury Road just takes a lot of elements from Road Warrior), a lot of action with good special effects for the 80's, a very ambitious atmosphere and actually an interesting story.

When I saw the first mad max I didn't feel much, got quite bored waiting for something to happen, felt like there wasn't really any story. But the second one is the one I saw first so maybe I just started with a different idea in mind.

Not so implausible if it's made of metallic nanobots, or a nanomaterial with intelligent properties (essentially, metallic computronium)

Part 2 was just a retread of the first film.

T1 had little if any CGI.
T2 had tons of CGI.

Is Godfather 2 better than 1?

Or are they really just one complete movie?

We posting video games now?

Slight exaggeration

I'm pretty sure many men think that their wife is a million times better than their mother-in-law.

More CGI don't necessarily make it a bad film

if you ever get the chance to watch Godfather Saga (a chronological version of 1 & 2 with a few extra hours of scenes added), they become one movie, at least to me. Hard to find it though.

Help!
>eastman color
>international locales
>even zanier fab 4 zaniness than the also awesome Hard Day's Night.

2 is better than 6 cunt
Fuck your assumption of my thread topic rigidness

>only organic can go through

T2 ignores that for no other reason than convenience.

op didn't specify, blame him

first: suffocating tension as unknown creature kills all the members of a space ship

second: "marines" (?! wtf) and angry lesbian fight creatures from outer space

Both were a shit

I remember prefering #6, probably because I wasn't expecting comedy when watching #7.

Talking about horror comedy : haven't watched Return of the living dead 1&2, but there's no way they can be as good as #3.

Which was the 2nd best in the series.

Any f13 with a hockey mask is a turd.

Except jason x.

Not even trolling

I prefer Godfather 2. 3 was a disaster.

"A shit"?

Two ways of cheating the mechanism

1) Part of the T1000 is made of graphene, and since it's a carbon based material, the whole body can travel through it

2) The T1000 travels back in time using a different time machine, slightly more advanced than the one the resistance used. It could be a better prototype in the core facilities of Skynet, or the last time machine Skynet could develop before losing the war

I've never seen it. I don't regard it as a movie in the series.

>not a movie
You have a point, tho.

Still, since games constantly get developed with better graphics, more features and changed (hopefully improved) gameplay, any sequel in a series of games should add up and improve their predecessors. That's basically the expectation a customer has when buying them.

movies on the other hand can't live by cgi alone, so the tech-factor is a rather small one, dwarfed by good camera, writing and acting.
Therefore movie-sequels, unlike games', are not predestined to add up or improve their predecessors. If anything, they can only hope to enrich the IP as a whole.

its just a cheap 80s action flick
first was miles better. Doesnt have to be the same genre to compare

saw this in the theater when I was 7. I loved the first one. I actually think I cried because it sucked so bad. I expected Keanu Reeves to be in it. No Jack? Fuck that