Considering how massive their film industry is, how come none of their kino gets exposure in the West (i.e...

Considering how massive their film industry is, how come none of their kino gets exposure in the West (i.e. people who are not Indian who watch them)?

Even Japan's anime industry with infantile plots and characterization gets way more fans and enthusiasts.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7yBnl_krN_U
letterboxd.com/adityatj/list/indian-unconventional-cinema-to-do-list/
letterboxd.com/dhavalmotghare/list/indian-films/
letterboxd.com/arsaib/list/indian-cinema-1990s-top-10/
letterboxd.com/mritun_kr90/list/favourite-independent-indian-films/
letterboxd.com/filmvisuality/list/indian-cinema-to-see/
letterboxd.com/prithwib/list/top-indian-films-of-pure-substance/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

like mainland China, they're simply incapable of producing non-shit kino

D E S I G N A T E D

Have you ever tried watching a bollywood flick?
It's literally a torture.

There movies are tremendously bad.

Why should you take the risk of producing a movie trying to appael to western audiences for a lot of money when you just can shit out low quality trash that will sell for sure to a market of something like 500 million people?

Do you want to watch a million musicals a year

India does musicals almost exclusively. Show me some Indian Noir and i'm interested

S H I T T I N G

These. While it's a success there they're pretty terrible in terms of quality. Even our basic capeshit is more entertaining. I'd rather watch another Sony Spiderman sequel than sit through the average Bollywood production.

Too much poo, too little loo.

I'm willing to bet not a single person here has actually seen a bollywood film. Those of you faggots claiming to, can go right ahead and get fucked by a dragon dildo.

1. Not all bollywood films are bad. Some are pretty great, and well made.
2. Not all films produced in India are "bollywood" films. Bollywood is type of genre more than anything.

Indians dont actually watch the movie when they go to the cinema, they just scream at each other and the screen.

this is how the industry gets away with releasing vast piles of shit.

I literally went to a Bollywood movie in an indian cinema once while I was there, and though i dont speak a word of hindi I could completely understand the plot, that's how fucking predictable the plots are

Shaitaan
Manorama Six Feet Under (Bases on Chinatown)
B.A. Pass
Johnny Gaddar

Just from the top of my head

Its the same shit in India as it is in the West. Big Budget movies relying on Star Power are the ones which sell the most. These are the musicals with no plot and are just plain shit. Niche Hindi movies are bretty good. Just gotta find them.

S T R E E T S

Also Titli. Great Neo-Noir film.

t. pajeet

I also love the fact you guys start every movie with playing the national anthem

I think you saw the movie in Bombay or Pune cause I think that only happens in Maharashtra. But I wouldn't know cause the last time I went to a cinema was for Hollywood meme flicks.

True, it was in Bombay. Still a hilarious experience though because it came totally out of the blue after some trailers

Watch this shit and just try telling me indian cinema is no less than amazing

youtu.be/7yBnl_krN_U

Oh come on, that's like me plugging Samurai Cop to showcase Hollywood's kino.

Oh and wilhelm scream detected at 3:50

I don't really have much of an opinion on this m8. That's just the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this thread.

The high caste/high achievement Indians who emigrate to the West have given a skewed perception of what the average Indian is really like. Most of India is very nearly at a Sub-Saharan level of intelligence, and their popular movie culture reflects that. Mainstream Bollywood movies are unfathomably dumb. They make Michael Bay look like Andrei Tarkovsky.

Ya'll niggas only watch capeshit and hollywood memes. There's plenty of kino from every country, just look around letterboxd.

letterboxd.com/adityatj/list/indian-unconventional-cinema-to-do-list/

letterboxd.com/dhavalmotghare/list/indian-films/

letterboxd.com/arsaib/list/indian-cinema-1990s-top-10/

letterboxd.com/mritun_kr90/list/favourite-independent-indian-films/

letterboxd.com/filmvisuality/list/indian-cinema-to-see/

letterboxd.com/prithwib/list/top-indian-films-of-pure-substance/