Why are circle and flat the only options? Why not a square or a triangle?

Why are circle and flat the only options? Why not a square or a triangle?

sage

have you looked at other planets in our solar system? you are as dumb as OP. The earth if an unperfect sphere like ALL planets in our solar system.

Fuck this gay thread.

IKR, it might be plant shaped, why limit it to two options?

Ill ignore all the grammar mistakes and personal attacks because this thread is all about getting to the bottom of this. Have you looked at the planets? If so, how did you get up there to look at them?

you better be retarded on purpose
you better be

Because if you know about the triangle shape they'l

You didnt answer my question, have you seen them with your own eyes, up close enough to tell their shapes?

You got to be fxking high out your brains, the earth is a sphere . Go fry your fedora heads down to raisins infantiles

I know that some people say that its a sphere but others say its flat. My question is why are these the only two options?

It must be hard being that stupid

Its a reasonable question. Some people like black socks and some like white socks, im asking why not yellow socks or even blue ones.

not that fag, but yes i as an amateur astronomer that has spend countless hours looking at planets and stars well enough to know any argument you may have is bullshit

all i need is an hour of your time, a telescope and an internet connection to prove you wrong.

there is no need to argue over this, you are just an idiot, not for believing this, but for trolling with something this retarded.

yes my dad gave me a telescope for my 16th birthday and i looked at the moon and other planets. They are spheres. gravity explains the spheric shape.
You can not be this stupid

Lurking.

Prove me wrong? Iv never made a claim. Im just asking questions.

Because gravity

The Earth is actually a platform connected to a giant pillar.

you are asking questions a 7 year old would ask.
where are you from? i bet you are from america

>i as an amateur astronomer

You are telling me that you can see the back of a sphere? I mean, if you cant see the back of it how can you tell its a sphere? Maybe you are looking at part of another shape and assuming its a sphere, no?

there is absolutely no need to even answer your questions, or prove anything to you
i mean, i am just feeding a troll here
but if you troll, pick some thing smart user.
this just makes you look stupid

The planets rotate you spacktard, you see all of it if you wait long enough

>amateur astronomer
Spotted the autist.

nature abhors a moron

So if a black bowling ball is spinning, how do you tell its spinning. What if its not spinning? If you look at this shape from the front with a telescope, its easy to asscume its a sphere, right?

you can not see the back of a sphere. but you can see them turn. when i looked at the moon i couldn't see him turn because he always faces the earth.
But when i looked at saturn with about 5 hours in between the texture of the planet changed alot. That means the planet has turned and is a sphere.
> but it could also be a disk
no, because gravity
> but the disk could just be flying up all the time and that is why things fall down
no, then falling speeds would be linear
and no, then other disk looking planets would be coming towards us, and they dont.

You can tell with the effect the object's gravity has on the objects around it, none of the objects we've observed are perfect spheres, it's easy to see they rotate.

So you are admitting that they are not perfect spheres? Would a triangles gravity also effects the objects around it?

obvious samefag
but i dont get it?
am i supposed to be ashamed of it?
i enjoy learning about, observing, and photographing distant objects in space.
i even make a little money everytime a take a good enough photo

and to clear this up, i have absolutely nothing better to do than sit here shit posting today
so if you have legitimate questions, throw em my way

What about oval? Or hexagon

EXACTLY! They are implying all kinds of things about spinning and gravity as if that somehow tells them the shape of it. They also imply that if some other planets are spheres that means earth is as well, which is not necessarily the case.

>not perfect spheres
Would you expect them to be machine lathed and perfectly symmetrical?

you arent trolling anymore... just looks like a desperate attempt at humor

Im not making any claims at all, Im just asking why it is always circle and flat rather than something else entirely.

Can we get cube earth theory trending on twitter or something

im just asking questions, you do know that there are plenty of shapes that are similar to circles, right? These things are way the hell out there and its easy to mistake the shape or even if its moving at all. But even if what you are saying is true about other planets, what does that have to do with earth?

I dont understand how people can think that the Earth is a 3 dimensional sphere anymore. It was once a 2 dimensional rectangle, and then it evolved into the sphere. It has obviously evolved into a 4 dimensional tesseract now. Anyone who thinks it's a sphere anymore is just as stupid as the people who thought it was still a rectangle when it became a sphere.

Maybe the earth is dick shaped.

When will it evolve into a pentagon??

cant believe im actually still talking to you

Is the sun trianlge shaped? Is the magnetic force around a non-spherical magnet constant all around its surface? Are some season unnaturally short? no? didnt think so

Dick earth theory

Im done talking to you, you keep talking about gravity and other planets when Im talking about EARTH not other planets. Let me guess, you looked at earth with your telescope huh?

No see you're traveling backwards now. A pentagon is a 2 Dimensional shape. It's all about adding dimensions. What you're thinking of is a Penteract.

All of you are retards. The government are obviously hiding that the earth is actually a icosagon, and whoever says it isn't is an agent from the CIA.

I dont trust the government, thats why I come to my Sup Forumsros with this question.

oh for fucks sake....you cant even carry out a proper troll anymore. The earth cannot orbit the sun if its non-spherical nor can the moon orbit the earth if its non-spheric

I believe that universe is human shaped and US is located on genitals, whole China, Russia are located in brain. Anyone who disagrees come at me with your alternative facts faggot

nah... in reality all the stars are sperm cells of god trying to reach the ovula we call the massive black hole

so you are saying that all meteors that are orbiting other planets are all spheres as well? Why do out space ships orbit then?

Do you autism? if something orbits the sun for longer than a million years, it will be forced into spherical form. Think, why dont we have TRIANGULAR FUCKING PLANETS?

Technically it's not a sphere, it's an oblate spheroid

There is no controversy.

Im just asking questions, if what you say is true then why is flat an option?

because the "option" was made up a thousand years ago by idiotic people. they don't have any proof to say the earth is flat, and if you have any, then be free to share it.

trolled right into your own trap.... objects can still orbit the earth if they arent spherical, but for them to orbit the earth itself has to be spherical

There are entire websites and videos about flat earth, were they made thousands of years ago?

it's called "not believing in science" you fucking retard. why do you think christianity exists?
and you still haven't

How bad is your education that you have no clue a circle is different than a sphere

shown and proof of flat earth existing.

It might be a circle or sphere or maybe even a square, thats what this thread is about, trying to figure it out.

It's an ellipse because the moon pulls it

It's not an option though. It's like saying there is an option between believing that the Great Wall of China is a giant ancient wall. And believing the The Great Wall of China doesn't exist and was made made up by Interpol because ??? Profit

soooo everyone an see gravity and that is how they know things are a sphere?

I heard black holes have an eminence amount of gravity and they aren't spheres.

I am pretty sure if the earth was a pancake with enough mass it could have gravity.

Most likely we are on a Frisbee flying around the sun like a flying saucer pulling the moon with us and since it hit earth it turned sideways and we see a circle in the sky.

My dad thinks the Earth is flat, he's also schizotypal and believes in God.

It's for the uninformed and the crazy. Satelites orbiting the spherical Earth are crucial to your daily existence, other planets are round as is the moon which you can see with a basic telescope. 10's of thousands, maybe 100's of thousands of people have to know the world is round for their jobs or all their math is wrong.

Snap out of it.

> The earth if an unperfect sphere

its as near as dammit a perfect sphere in all but the absolute mathematical sense.

the equatorial diameter is 12,756 km, while the polar diameter is 12,714 km.
a difference of 42 km, which equates to . 0.003% difference. To put that into perspective, if you zoomed a "perfectly smooth" billiard/snooker ball to the size of the earth, it would be vastly less spherical

You know how you can look at a ball in sunlight and tell it's a sphere by the way the light hits it? You can do the same thing with the moon, it's clearly fucking spherical if you look at it with any magnifying lens.

You just see the face of the ball and it looks no different than a circle cut out of a piece of paper.

You've been taught that a ball is a sphere is all, not that what you see is actually spherical it is just assumed it is.

Trust me flat earther, I know a lot about how cognitive biases work and they far more apply to you than to me.

What is texture and depth perception?

black holes have a gravital field so strong it bends light so from a single direction it looks like a circle, but it looks like a circle from any direction so what do we call something like that..... a sphere perhaps?

An event horizon.
That is as far as we can see due to the curved path of emitted light.
The singularity itself most likely spherical, though.

>I heard black holes have an eminence amount of gravity and they aren't spheres.

Given that only in 2009 was the accretion disc of a black hole optically observed for the first time, and at this point there has been no direct observation of a black hole itself, I am extremely sceptical that whatever you "heard" about black holes is from a reputable source.

All indications are that a black hole is a sphere of hyper-condensed material with so much mass that even light cannot escape its gravitational influence. This has been corroborated by the 2016 observations of gravitational waves from the merging of two black holes, and is expected to be confirmed further sometime this year by planned observations.

>I am pretty sure if the earth was a pancake with enough mass it could have gravity.

you are correct - briefly.

but IF it were a pancake with such mass. it wouldn't remain a pancake. it would slowly, over time bend, flex, crumble, and crack because of the gravitational forces on its edge, and those pieces would fall towards its centre of gravity. Eventually, all mass in the region will redistribute into equilibrium - that is, where the surface is equidistant. AKA a sphere.
Earth has not been a sphere at points in its past - about 4.5 billion years ago it was hit by another massive object, which tore a significant fraction of the planet away, the entire surface of the earth turned into a half-molten hell. at that point it was probably an oval shape. but again, because of gravity, it re-settled into equilibrium - forming the sphere we're on.

correct I can add texture to the flat piece of paper that was cut out to be a circle and your mind would assume it was spherical.

Doesn't mean it is actually a sphere but your mind can be tricked into perceiving it as one.

It is called a hole.

The singularity is just that though: a point.
It has no dimensions, just mass.

Mate, are you implying that every observable planet in the galaxy is some strange shape, with at least one round face, yet every round face is facing Earth? Surely one planet would be exposing a non-round face/surface towards Earth.

>correct I can add texture to the flat piece of paper that was cut out to be a circle and your mind would assume it was spherical.

and how do you suggest then that that "texture" be changed, as, for instance, an observational satellite looking at the earth observes africa appear at one side of your "flat" disc, and steadly move across the map, past zenith, and over to the other side, and then disappear from view?

And repeat that, weirdly enough, at a 24 hour cycle.

Is god there with a flip-book, magically switching out each drawing of the earth that "just happens" to look like a sphere, every time someone looks at a satellite feed?

the event horizon is a phenomenon where the light does not pass through and the only way we can observe it is by the radiation around it. The event horizon is not a proper sphere as the cosmic dust circling around it creates the planar circulation motion galaxies have

it has no dimensions that we can observe.... doesnt mean there are none

>The singularity is just that though: a point.

it isn't a "point"

a point source is used in mathematical models solely for ease of calculation.

as an example, in February 2016, the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatories (LIGO) recorded the merging of two black holes through gravitational waves.

these two black holes were estimated to be bodies 30 and 35 times the mass of the sun, each with a diameter of about 150 kilometres.

That is not a point. But on an astronomical scale, 150km is such a tiny size, that it is considered a point for the purposes of calculations.

Artist representations, cgi is the only feed you see. America is on one side and Africa is on the other side.

I like decahedron

Go buy a telescope. Get your pee bottles. And go watch a planet rotate. You fucking dimwitted slime.

>Why are circle and flat the only options? Why not a square or a triangle
because unlike you we're not all on drugs

>I'm going to take these remarks seriously.

Youre a special kinda stupid.

because we are flying around like a saucer on two different trajectories the light reflects back to us differently it isn't spinning like a disk just in a different position of sunlight.

but telescopes are part of the round earth conspiracy

like attracts like, wilberforce

Do you know how stupid that sounds? Do you have any fucking fathomable idea?

The only that would make me doubt Earth is a sphere is if someone shows facts our planet is shaped like shown in image.
Stretched, spinning on itself. Only way light travels everywhere like we can see in our world.

*The only theory

Please account for the missing mass. Then come back.

a black hole the size of a needle point would have more mass than our planet. So size =/= mass.

>a black hole works through density as well but I'll ignore that to try to defend my shit point

You're nailing it.

so? our Earth would be more dense than what we're told.

More importantly, why does pressure go up, as well as temperature the further you dig on your retarded frisbee?

if you ever looked at the moon through a telescope - does not have to be a big one - you will notice that you cannot get all the moon in focus at one time. the edges are further away than the centre. like a sphere.

also if you observed regularly you would see that it is not always the same area being shown, but it is always circular - we see a little more of the sides of the moon at different times - round the corner of the flat circle, if your theory was believed, but that couldn't happen...

basic astronomy easily disproves flat earth theory, or any other shape theory - along with basic physics (gravity)

>all this science on the subject must be a lie so I can continue to believe in something archaic

You should just kill yourself now. You're literally attempting to set back science and knowledge through bullshit. Anyone that believes or even starts to believe in flat earth needs to be rendered sterile.

You fuckin people need to stop existing.

>Only way light travels everywhere like we can see in our world.

I suggest that you go to an optician fast, if that's what you see.

Guys, I'm NOT saying this is how Earth is shaped. I DO believe it's a sphere.
I was simply saying IF there's a theory that would be minimally believable to me would be a theory around this, if someone showed hard facts and believable maths about it.
Simply this. I'm not advocating anything, so chill your horses.