Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bJvAHMtN04c
youtube.com/watch?v=IKFY8L1DoP4
youtube.com/watch?v=qS2FpqT8f3c
twitter.com/JamesPurefoy/status/747393817771401216
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

[Hand gesturing intensifies]

BRUTUS YOU CUNT

How does he earn a living by just standing in the streets shouting news? He had to have been well off because he had two slaves, or at least two people assisting him

HE WAS A CONSUL OF ROOOMEE

Why doesn't Sup Forums talk about this based show more often?

[Throws scroll to slave before finishing announcement]

this was lit

Hinds was great, one of many brilliant performances.

*basedness intensifies*

THIRTEEN

Why doesn't Sup Forums have Flawless, Spartacus and anything good? Because it's a shit storm and you're looking for a specific turd. I'm burnt out on superhero stuff.

How effective was the toga whip in Roman Military doctrine? Was it a technique available only to the patricians?

Didn't you notice that every announcement ended with an advertisement?

>mfw americans say SEA-ZAR

true roman bread, for true...romans *ooft*

Ave true to KAI-SAR.

Best Octavian coming through

One little advertisement wouldn't pay enough to keep slaves and allow you to spend all your time gathering news.

What the historians never tell you, is that when Caesar pulled his toga over his head, his cock fell out and the whole senate stared at it for a good minute before anyone left the building.

I was so disappointed when I got to the second season and he was replaced

Young Augustus was creepy

The older Octavian was creepier.

After all he did for her she fucking cucked him.

He was a shithead but way better than the retard they plucked for season 2.

Anybody have the quote or scene when Antony and Lucius are in that boat after losing in Egypt?

Look at letsplayers

Also, he was paid by the government

and more autistic
how?
'I thought glory was all there is...defeat is not so bad...the sun still rises' something like that

Mark Anthony was the most obnoxious cunt on this whole show. I wanted him to die much sooner than the last episode.

Antony scenes were the funniest in the show, living in this world of courtesy, etiquette and veiled threats and your boi just couldn't give a shit.

Was best character until end of season 2 where he was still deece but too cucked by cleo

I want you to die sooner.

On a scale of 1-10 just how feminine are you?

Who /sonofhades/ here?

KEK

Yes

I don't think you understand that word. She was with someone else but he killed him and she got pissed and it's all history.

go away baron

moar like whores of hades amirite

this is bait

HE BLACKENS HIS EYES WITH SOOT LIKE A PROSTITUTE

You think the people who owns the screens at times new square make any money? Because he's doing the equivalent.

bump

Soap opera with good sets and costumes. It's not that good. A lot of historical inaccuracies and pointless plot armor for two officers under Caesar's command that were only mentioned briefly in historical writing.

Wouldve been a much better pick to play Caesar.

>And still fucking your mother!

I want to be Mark Anthony when I grow up

One of the better actors in the entire show desu.

8Bane?

>tfw felt bad for Antony by the end

poor guy just wanted to fuck and fight
Octavian a shit for not letting him just marry his mother

Never got that scene. How is it acceptable for him to smash all those idols?

He was probably sanctioned by the senate or something.

It's not a historical text lol

feelsbadman

i fuck concord in her ass

It's not. He rally is smarmy and ceases to be amusing after two or three episodes.

>how does he earn a living by just sitting at a desk and reading news?

youtube.com/watch?v=bJvAHMtN04c

>its a rome thread

You want to talk about annoying characters, David Bamber as Cicero makes every fucking line of dialogue he's given into a fucking pride parade.

many of the free romans were neets anyway. They started their day by roaming around street, waiting for the first bread-delivery of the day. Then it was time to go to batthouse, forum or circus and wait for another handout, thats how they kept city dwellers happy back then

>the main characters survive throughout the story, they must have plot armor
If someone complains that the main character has plot armor they are almost certainly a tvtropesfag

STAND ASIDE EVERYONE

I TAKE LARGE STEPS

We never got a scene where tru roman bread guy wqs chilling at a bar or brother as a normal roman citizen.

Feelsbadman

99% of people don't care or know about any historical inaccuracies and it's not an educational show, main characters have a tendency to survive in a tv show.

>today's bread brought to you by the miller's union. True Roman bread for true Romans!

Every time

Octavia was an insatiable semen demon if she liked you.... but a dead fish that just sat there and took dick without reacting or even trying to enjoy it if it was a politically arranged thing.

HE WAS A CONSOLE OF CHROME

HE WORSHIPS DOGS AND REPTILES
HE BLACKENS HIS EYES WITH SOOT LIKE A PROSTITUTE
HE DANCES AND PLAYS THE CYMBALS IN VILE NILOTIC RITES

HE WAS A LONG SOLE OF FOAM

Octavia is my romefu. Her sex scenes with Agrippa are 10/10.

Season 1 > Season 2

Vorenus going nuclear was pretty cool but everything else was meh.

XIII !

Actually this was an existing job in ancient times, they were the equivalent of newspapers now.
They advertised business in exchange for money and they even collected news, like a modern news paper would do now, and people could then pay these "journalists" for the latest news. For example: "a boat arrived from xxx carrying yyy".

I can't remember how exactly they called this job, but I remember reading it was practised along the Iberian coast in ancient times.

HE WAS A TADPOLE OF ROME

>mfw i play NILOTIC during Scrabble

check the dictionary, bitches

Subrostranus, that was the name.

Woe unto Rufus Tranquilius

I don't understand, I've watched the whole show and do not remember this "antony" guy at all. Am I being meme'd?

Fuck i just finished the last episode after not seeing it for a few years. What a fucking awesome show.

HE WAS A CONSUL OF ROME. best scene hands down.

i feel like rewatching it just to see Mark Antony

>Rome threads
>Stargate threads
>Battlestar threads

you CANNOT shoot a bow like that. christ. try pinching even a childs 25 pound bow and drawing.

Praecones were the criers that read the news.

Yup, people here have zero taste. Might as well ramp up those Oz threads

>no MacGyver threads

>not her sex scenes with Sevillia

HE REFUSES TO MEET ME!

Ha ha nope, Hinds was perfection. Your pic related would have made a superb Cato, though.

KISS THE EAGLE, BITCH

Promise me, Pompey

>Rome will never finished as intended
>GoT still exists

youtube.com/watch?v=IKFY8L1DoP4

Fuck you. Antony was the best character in the entire fucking show, and Purefoy is one of the most underrated actors of all time.

Head's up, tails up, run you scallywags. Night falls, morning calls, I'll catch you with my death bag. You may think I've gone insane, but I promise, I will kill again!

Purefoy is one of the most underrated actors of all time.
so true

she was 10/10 in the show, she aged like milk though.

still

>YWN "inhale hemp" with Octavia and have her all stoned and horny

Though wtf was with that method of smoking weed. They could have just used a pipe like opium.

>introducing Romans to dank kush out of a glass bong

how do you think they'd react?

youtube.com/watch?v=qS2FpqT8f3c

>that Egyptian style version of the Roman theme
>that blatant Cleopatra seduction

Are they doing a second season of Hap and Leonard? I really liked it.

It might not be the most historically accurate but it feels the most historically authentic.

Anyone else know this feel? Rome is so fucking good.

yep, they are
twitter.com/JamesPurefoy/status/747393817771401216

Perfectly sums it up to be honest. It is definitely broad strokes when it comes to historical events and portrayals of non-Roman peoples like the Egyptians, Greeks and Gauls, but in its depiction of Roman society, interactions and shit like that, it is absolutely fantastic. Antony speaking Vulgar Latin at times to demonstrate his perceived baseness, the portrayal of slavery, the brutality of the culture, even stuff as simple as accurate Roman hand gestures during rhetorical speeches. Painted Roman temples, all that sort of thing.

I wish they didn't rush Season 2 so much.

They should have gone like, what, 4 Seasons at least?

The very formula of Rome is so fucking good too. What better way to portray a historical era? Put the audience into the eyes of average society, the common peoples, in this case: Titus Pullo and Vorenus. While at the same time, showing and making them part of big events and big names like Caesar.

I believe their plan was to go for at least 4 seasons. All the Jewish subplot with Herod the Great and all that was heading towards Palestine becoming a major part of the plot, along with the birth of Jesus.