What are your favorite "bottle" movies?

what are your favorite "bottle" movies?
i mean movies on which the action happens mostly in a closed space like a room or a house, im not sure whats the term

My Dinner with Andre

the raid

Tell me more

i want poots to poot on my face

dredd
the raid (fake dredd)
the raid 2 (fake the raid)
riley reid
saw series
the collection
the collector
the thing

Hateful Eight
12 Angry Men
10 Cloverfield Lane

Locke
Tape
Buried
Saw
Dogtooth
Cube
The Haunting

too much ham. Felt like a parody

>riley reid
Kek

Hateful Eight is pretty good too.

Alien
Outland
The Thing

>I'm not sure what's the term
The term is used more for television. "bottle episodes" we're coined from a Star Trek episode called "Message in a Bottle". It's typically done when they run out of money.

For your question, I'd go with Rope.

This Is Not a Film

DREDD
R
E
D
D

The Man From Earth. Feels like a play I fucking love that movie so much.

The Sunset Limited is damn good

Night of the Living Dead.

The whole movie revolves around two friends having a conversation while out for dinner. One friend is just a regular working man while the second friend is a former celebrity. The celebrity friend dominates the conversation with stories of his midlife crisis and the apparent enlightenment he has gained from it. The worker friend mostly just listens in bewilderment and only really speaks to prompt more explanation from the celebrity friend.

That movie was boring as fuck. Blue Ruin was alright though mostly because of the mysterious nature of the main cast.

this
love this movie

>Feels like a play
That was my biggest problem with it. The movie doesn't take advantage of its medium in any way.

does Phone booth count?

Either The Thing or this

Moon
The Man from Earth

Green Room

Coherence.

most of it was filmed like an improv with characters not knowing what would happen

i think that only half (or less) of the movie takes place in the green room

i'm surprised on one posted pic related, it's pretty good.

I've seen most of the ones in this thread. They're all worth a watch, opie.

also
>The Sunset Limited
>Goodnight Mommy

>it's typically done when they run out of money

They're actually often planned ahead of time and kept in the back pocket in case the season is otherwise over budget or if they want to have an expensive episode. This is probably less common now that shows tend to have longer story arcs but they can probably still be slotted in.

To answer the poster's question, the episodes would often make use of no guest actors and only use existing sets to keep costs to a minimum. That sort of thing doesn't quite exist for movies, but I get what the OP's getting at; a movie with a highly limited cast and set.

i think ill try them all
Sunset Limited was pretty damn good

I remember another one about two couples arguing for hours because their kids got in a fight, it was really entertaining. And i think Hans Landa was in it. That guy is always a blast to watch.

Would Martyrs count?

The Man From Earth

love this movie

Well, half at least.

Movies that feel like a play:

Birdman
Glengarry Glen Ross

One location:
127 hours
Buried

tron/tron legacy

took place on a tabletop computer

The Invitation

Locke

And Then There Were None (1945)

How do I get into artfilms like these? I try my best, but they're just so damn boring for me.

It was well received when it came out, but I haven't seen this film talked about even nearly as much as it deserved.

It's my favourite film of last year, yet I forgot that it existed.

surprised this hasn't came up yet

i love these kind of movies, good thread

Smoke a doob, turn the lights off and turn your phone off.

You have to look beyond the plot.

Find of copy of pic related. The same principles can be applied to film. It also helps to watch documentaries or read books on filmmaking to get a better appreciation of how a film is made. Learning about film history and the innovations of storytelling, technology, and visual art will also add to your film analysis understanding.

It's Bela Tarr, it's supposed to be boring, you just have to kind of accept it. Honestly, start with Werckmeister Harmonies instead

Dial M for Murder

It was great, but Charlotte Rampling should have won the Oscar over Brie Larson.

I've seen Turin Horse while falling to sleep like 5-6 times. Damn fine sleeps

MODAFOKIN CLUE YO :D

good taste

never again