What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tKi9Z-f6qX4
youtube.com/watch?v=dtj6dDARgfQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

did something even go wrong?

he's got a large following of loving fans.
he's got a great work ethic and is always concerned with his music/craft.
solid discography of very good dance music.
that name and branding
professional home studio in Canada.
very qt gf.

what went right?

over-produced beats with no soul, any tracks that do sound cool are painfully stiff and don't encourage the listener to want to groove -- thus failing the purpose of making "dance" music

he didn't transition when every mainstream-producer adjusted themselves to fit into the new edm-festival scene(everything past 2009, when the US finally got into that shit)

>the masses think he's boring
>true """connoisseurs""" think he's boring
>his live-sets suck

i like his new stuff tough desu

>his live sets suck
are you srs?
he is great live

saw him once, maybe that set was bad

Horrible taste in vocals

not but he is easily one of the best djs to me in terms of the mainstream just prerecording and literally pressing play so many artists in his professions do

kept making the same shit but bad

>tfw no faxing berlin pt 2

>but he is easily one of the best djs to me in terms of the mainstream just prerecording and literally pressing play so many artists in his professions do
name 10

What's your favorite deadmau5 song?
mine has to be youtube.com/watch?v=tKi9Z-f6qX4

would but cant be fucked i dont like edm that much

>favourite deadmau5 track is strobe
this is even a meme in /r/deadmau5

/r/strobecirclejerk

aka u have nothing

yeah basically thats why i said to me

david guetta if you are that desperate for my opinion

Got boring and repetitive I guess.
The guy's basically been doing the same thing for over 10 years and it's very obvious he has no passion for it.

If I'm wrong, then he's just a terrible showman because I've seen him twice live and both times were godawful. Never said anything to the audience, never moved, just literally sat in a computer chair fiddling with mixers and synths while the music might change once every 10 minutes.

How he manages to keep a fanbase when he keeps acting like such an asshole is beyond me

he's lost in the world of super high quality sound design, so his music lacks of natural sounds, inperfection and "life"

he should do some shit with other musicians who necessary don't make EDM

w0w one person that got memed on all over the internet
damn joel is really a unique dj in a industry full of frauds!

>/r/strobecirclejerk
>/r/deadmau5
jesus

>How he manages to keep a fanbase when he keeps acting like such an asshole is beyond me
this, i don't know why i haven't unfollowed him on social media yet

because he does the same shit sam hyde and nostalgia critic did

do random rants on why EVERYBODY ELSE SUCKS and they don't.

this is a reddit tier thread get fucked so what i like reddit and Sup Forums?

kek, now that i think of it his negativity is quite entertaining

it's almost as if deadmau5 made and is monitoring this thread for damage control

The dude is a hack. We live in a world in which hacks can still be successful -- the general populace doesn't know better because they have loads of other shit to do besides look into better music

this frankly

Sorry im heavily biased deadmau5 was my first love of an artist or band at 12 and am spouting all this defence and yes im young and naive about music because im immature

this dudes one of the most transparent and active with his fans artists of the modern era. for that alone ill always love his shit. i played fucking counterstrike with this dude in a server he joined with his fans. ive watched him create some of my favorite songs live on stream for hours on end, watching his creative process. shits insane.

imagine if kanye streamed his life studio sessions. people would lose their shit.

>imagine if kanye streamed his life studio sessions. people would lose their shit.
it would be kanye doing a bunch of coke with incoherent rants about nike and his debt then asking MIKE DEAN TO FIX IT

thank you its easy to take the deadmau5pill

autism

Did baby learn this word at school today?

Joel is a manchild autist.

I really like random album title, many good times blazing it to that one

strobe is a cool song

i've avoided listening to anything else cuz i heard it's all a let down

>i played fucking counterstrike with this dude in a server he joined with his fans
That sounds fun as fuck

literally most edm music producers
brace yourself

hi deadmau5

dude, shut up :(

he's AWESOME :D

Have you purchased the MasterClass™ deadmau5 Teaches Electronic Music Production? Only $90!

youtube.com/watch?v=dtj6dDARgfQ

jesus christ, this can't be real
i-is it?

holy fuck, minecraft tattoo

confirmed 'tard

This is depressing

its shit tier music production lessons from a shit tier producer dont buy it even if you are a fan of deadmau5 not worth it unless if you are obsessed with him

trips / truth
deadmau5 btfo

Can you explain why it's shit tier? I'm dumb and don't understand

He started focusing on making more technical stuff, so the masses of mindless teenyboppers/raveheads stopped listening to him.

not him but imagine being a famous producer and many people want to learn how you do it. Deadmau5 is in a position where he can "take advantage" of kids using this masterclass. many posters in this thread are severely jealous of him

This

Strobe is one of my favorite electronic songs desu

Boring people equate being a dickhead with being smart

I think he's insecure because he feels washed up and he compensates by trying to look like a savant with strong opinions that are just "over your head"

He lost me when he started picking on Marshmellow. Even Skrillex told him to fuck off and stop being a bully

Yeah nowadays I like anyone that lacks pretention

Nothing. He made a good label, and has successors in no mana and Matt Lange

If I remember, he was making DnB for a stream at once. I believe it was a noisia remix he was making, but he sadly missed out. Would have been insane to see him on that remix album, along with Roly Porter. Amon Tobin, and moody good to name some