I need to get some headphones for production because i can't always blast stuff through my monitors...

I need to get some headphones for production because i can't always blast stuff through my monitors, should i get the Audio Technica M40X or the M50X?

I'd normally tend towards the more recent model, but i've been told that the M40X actually sounds more neutral (By 1 person). Or if you have any other studio headphones recommendations tell me about them. But they need to have detachable cables.

I much prefer the m50x. Build quality is better, looks nicer and sounds mostly the same, although to my ears the m40x has slightly more bass to put it very simply.

>>>/prod/

Just buy the M50.

The difference between them is not huge but you simply can't go wrong with the industry standard of M50.

Get the m40x. It's more neutral than m50x and cheaper. You shouldn't be getting advice here anyway, go to Sup Forums

DT880 for general usage
DT770 if you're mostly tracking

had m50x's, returned them for the the m40x's.
40x's are a lot better for prod shit, they're also more comfortable and just feel better

prod is dead

They don't have detachable/replaceable wires though

they both have a 15hz base frequency, m50x has slightly better bass reproduction

do you lug them around a lot? do you need to store them in a small space as possible? if not then don't worry about the cord

My previous headphones broke because i rolled over its cord with my chair too often (was a very long cord)

Bose Quitecomfort 35's. Don't go with any other brand of Bose, I'm telling ya man. Especially Bose 25's. 35's are great though. Pretty damn neutral. + Noise Cancellation bonus.

won't happen with a coiled cord, also it's a three minute fix if you get a soldering iron

Don't get these OP

yeah, better get Beats™ instead

Yeah, the name already sounds suspiciously shit and the warning to not get anything else by this brand

Bose isn't much better than beats

>someone with a doctorate degree doesn't make high quality stuff
sure thing mate

Angela Merkel has a doctorate degree

I'd buy her headphones to be honest

Dre has a doctorate too my dude

I have m40x, great headphones for monitoring guitar

Dr. Dre

beyerdynamics dt 770 pro 250 ohm

AKG 702, there is no better monitor anywhere, I've looked. These sound remarkably like Yamaha monitors.

so they sound like low end monitors?