Weird music

What am I not getting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cAyoUxd1pfg
youtube.com/watch?v=98ioAA8yNyY
youtube.com/watch?v=613RrA2M4j8
youtube.com/watch?v=fWcPwWR4C_w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You are exactly what is wrong with modern movie going audiences.
I bet you wish every single intricate detail in the movie was explained for you.

The nonsensical plot is sort of the main appeal. You connect with Kurt because neither one of you know what the fuck is going on and everyone else acts like business as usual.

you have to be a man to get it women don't get it.

>lousy acting
this is the oldest movie you've seen, isn't it?

I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Me too.

intent and the bigger picture apparently

sorry for your loss

Let's see

>adventure

>martial arts

>Chinese fantasy

>moronic yet funny and total bro lead

>awesome and interesting characters

>NO CGI AT ALL

>Practical effects galore

>Amazing stunt work

and the list goes on and on

These are the same types who waste time asking if they should watch _____ film, as if taking 2 hours they were going to fritter away anyways and sitting down to watch said film is that much of a hassle

That doesn't justify the bad acting. What are you going to tell me that Manos hands of Fate is also a good movie?

ITT: Films women will never understand.

It's a film kids would reference at school and say how cool it is. I never got to see it until recently and I was totally underwhelmed. I'm a huge Carpenter fan but this film isn't all that good.
I think its fans are heavily swayed by nostalgia

Exactly. Death to them all

OP I am a woman and I like this movie. I "understand" it, as the forced meme says. From the points you listed, you didn't get it. Maybe it's not for you, or maybe if you watch it again later you'll like it.

>What am i not getting?

the magic that is Kurt Russel

I believe that there's a large segment of society that just "doesn't get it" . Most never do. At times if the movie is recent and if enough people claim to like this movie these other people will just go along.

fair but you have to admit there isn't anything like it when it comes to originality and style.

Kung Fury.

>implying the soundtrack isn't GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=cAyoUxd1pfg

OP just fucking kill yourself you worthless sack of shit.

stick to capeshit

this

youtube.com/watch?v=98ioAA8yNyY

Film in a nutshell

>"Somebody, anybody, tell me whats going on?" - Jack Burton

Not posting porkchop express, wtf is wrong with you?

youtube.com/watch?v=613RrA2M4j8

I bet you never drive faster than you can see.

This flick features objectification of women.

Women with green eyes!

>nostalgia
I'm 25 and i saw it for the first time last year, it became an instant favourite. It's so fucking enjoyable. Fuck you.

Funny thing is that this is pretty much capeshit. It has a bunch of one liners (quips), magic (super powers), and dumb story.

HE'S SO CLOSE TO CUTTING HIS DICK OFF!

The only tattoo that I've ever wanted is a Porkchop Express tattoo but anyone that isn't a fan of the movie will read it as "FAT BITCHES ONLY"

Yep I showed it to my buddy bout 2-3 weeks ago, he is 26 and he loved it.

Kill yourself.
Big Trouble in Little China is one of the best movies ever to be made by man.

It is not, though. Fun and very comfy, but not even top 5 Carpenter.

I'd put it at #2 right behind The Thing.

Whats your top 5? Mine are

1. The Thing
2. Escape from NY
3. Big Trouble in Little China
4. Assault on Precinct 13
5. Halloween

>by nostalgia
It's not this word when you see it multiple times a year for fucking 20 years. go back to your shitty 21 jump street movies

>That doesn't justify the bad acting.

That doesn't justify your dumb post OP, but keep moving those goalposts

>No Christine.

unironically the greatest parody movie ever made, and even one of the greatest overall.

once you "get" it, there are literally no "flaws". none.

The Thing
They Live!
Assault On Precinct 13
Escape From NY
Halloween

Carpenter is great until the '90s hit( and after there's still ITMOM and some scenes here and there)

>What am I not getting?

You weren't born so stop shit posting and make my double double you stupid millennial faggot.

Shut up Mr. Burton, you were not brought upon this world to "get it'"

yfw the majority of Jack's dialogue is in the form of a question

hollow?

He wants everyone to be whispering or doing "I'm batman" voice all the time.

You have my pity.

Fuck it.

you must be pretty young buddy
This..back in the day was golden
still gold for the feels

I saw this as a kid, I absolutely loved it. I rewatched it a couple of years back and learnt to love it for completely different reasons.

>Lousy acting
Campy acting is campy? Stop the presses
>Nonsensical plot
The plot makes plenty of sense within the context of the world, like most fantasy movies.
>Weird music
I know dude, it should have been like today where the soundtrack was 95% licenced movies, rather than music composed deliberately for scenes to accent them.

You're clearly not used to anything but modern blockbuster movies, which is fine, but just stick to anything 2000's+ and $75 million+ from now on and you'll be happy.

that happened to me too with my first vision, then I re watched it taking it as a comedy, fuckin loved it

1- Halloween
2- Big trouble in little China
3- Escape from Ny
4- They Live
5- The thing

Three Storms intro is still the best part of the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=fWcPwWR4C_w

I remember as a kid everyone thought Lightning was the coolest storm and Rain was a massive faggot.

No fucking way, film school pseuds couldn't be less interested in Carpenter.

Meh film school idiots will get around to it.

Just look at movies like Metropolis and Citizen Kane. When they came out they got middling reviews. And now they're considered masterpieces.

It's a film (that) kids would reference at school
not film kids
school kids
It's a goofy film that appeals to kids

So I've never watched this but have it downloaded.

Despite never watching it, I have the feeling OP is a massive asshole and this movie is worth watching. Am I right, or is right and this movie is a waste of time?

Sounds like OP had zero clue what this film was supposed to be and viewed it as a serious film and not the tongue in cheek cheesy over the top B movie homage it is.

If you can't get down with a movie where a bad guy disintegrates an Uzi with his hands then you have no sense of humor.

It took me a long time to realize that one of the biggest jokes is that Jack is the sidekick, but thinks he's the lead. Pure kino

of course they would you fucking precious snowflake faggot

Nothing. It's the only old school Carpenter film that wasn't that good.

Holy shit!
I watched the movie last weekend, and frankly, it was a cataclymic experience.

The the plot starts as a regular thriller, then suddenly switches to a chinese fantasy movie with a fuckton of nonsense shit. I'm also a wuxia fan, so my mind was basically blown away...

And the end credit song also rapes your mind when you think it's over.

Absolutely recommende if you're a fan of 80's trash/action!