Just watched The Thing are there any other good movies with Mimicking creatures? is the 2011 the thing good?

Just watched The Thing are there any other good movies with Mimicking creatures? is the 2011 the thing good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V-_mqJLxIww
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Harbinger Down

not that great of a movie though

Are there any other horror movies with intelligent characters like in The Thing?

>is the 2011 the thing good?
It's mediocre, but it's a prequel so worth the watch.

The Thing prequel.
Event Horizon.
Some others I just can't be bothered to think about them all.

The 2011 PREQUEL was good. The only bad thing was the shitty low budget CGI shitfest. The practical stuff and the acting were good...

Isn't Event Horizon just a edgy gore fest?

Tfw Lars dies

I could look past the cgi because it's virtually always shit, but the inconsistencies and retconning of events from the first film annoyed me to no end. Still alright and enjoyable, especially mew.

>first movie they dug down to the ship
>prequel the ship is buried in a crevice-like cave

Not really. There's gore but it fits the plot and tone of the film. Plus all the over the top gore was cut and thrown away.

If you're familiar with Warhammer 40k, you'll love the movie as it's the best example of Chaos and the Warp ever done.

Lars should have tried way harder to kill that damn dog

Swedes can't aim for shit

I've seen The Thing (1982) probably over 20 times and only saw 2011 at the cinema. I HATED it. Terrible script, continuity and the tragedy that they scrapped some of the most horrifying animatronics and practical effects for hamfisted CGI still makes me RAGE.
Rewatched 2011 a few months back with the acceptance that the monsters aren't a real threat as they are CGI and really enjoyed it. Worthy of a watch.

No, there is only a few parts that are gory and they are done so well. It's mostly unseen threat/psychological horror.

There are zero inconsistencies between the film. They made sure to an autistic degree, you need to Rewatch them and realize you're wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong. Base was different. Buried ship was different. Where was slit-wrists from the Original at the Swede base?

first two were right, the last one is actually a deleted scene they deemed "too dark" for the movie
people being murdered and turned into clones of meat monsters that eat their faces off? fine
a guy slitting his wrists and throat? woah bitch, back the fuck up

without that scene, theres literally just some fucking nobody that disappears when theres about 6 people left

The Predator mimics peoples voices, if that counts.

Are there seriously no other great mimick/shapeshifter movies?

Leviathan is like The Thing but at an underseas base.

Species
Cat People
Terminator 2

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Quote from the director:
"...the Norwegians are blowing up some thermo charges, I found it for the prequel unbelievable that a bunch of Norwegian scientists would have been able to clear the whole ship as seen in JC's movie with just thermo charges (it works in JC because you don't see it happening) . So I skipped that logic and that's how we came up with the ice cave. The crater is caused by the ship powering up in the end. So you are right that is inconsistent with JC movie. We went back and forth and decided not to use the logic of the thermo charges. (But I always knew that diehards would discover this, good work)"

facebook com/pages/Matthijs-van-Heijningen/229642743740179

"The Ruins" features predatory vines that can mimic noises and voices to lure people (and animals) to be eaten.

>Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Which version to watch?

Both.

50's version is your traditional sci-fi "Who's the commie?" thriller of the era, but it isn't bad. I think the Sutherland version is more bleak - and considerably better for it.

There are four, I'm gonna watch the 1978 one

does Dreamcatcher qualify?

>google proteus film
>get links to a 2003 homosexual movie by the same name

I lol'd. Gays really are monsters.

4? Holy shit I was only aware of 2.
How many times is this film going to be made? 4 is just overkill

I guess so, kinda. I still think of that movie as more of a comedy like Evil Dead 2. It starts off with your traditional Stephen King shit (troubled childhoods, alcoholism, midlife crises) but by the halfway point the movie goes so fucking batshit insane that it's impossible to take seriously.

>Guys, you remember that retarded kid from grade school?
>Yeah, Douglas. I mean "Dudditz."
>Dudditz gave us psychic abilities that we've each spent the last 20 years ignoring instead of bettering ourselves. Also, I'm being controlled by a slug that exploded out of Jason Lee's asshole and turned into a huge AYYY LMAO, which in turn exploded into dust and flew into my nose. That seems important.

Phantoms, yo

kek'd. It was a shitty movie and story.

I remember reading that book in middle school and just knowing it was shit.

>Event Horizon.
>intelligent characters

Was this the dumbest scene in history?
youtube.com/watch?v=V-_mqJLxIww

Starship Troopers 2

/thread

the fly or pumpkinhead

Norwegians. They were Norwegian.

Also, I posit Pandorum as a similar tonal horror film. I enjoyed it and it has Ben Fucking Foster as the lead.

Fucking wrong, dipshit. As the credits roll scenes of Lars and the helicopter pilot play. In between these, Colin is shown with the razor, slit throat and wrists. Watch the fucking movie, not just read the plot synopsis online.

In the Mouth of Madness

How about Virus(1999)? Sentient alien life form intent on assimilating the crew of a ship. Donald Sutherland is good as a ship's captain who makes a Faustian bargain with the creature. One of the Baldwyn brothers is passable as the protagonist. Cons: no best girl, only Jamie Lee "goblinesque" Curtis.

What the hell

Congrats, you just watched one of the best horror films of all time now you don't have anything else to watch.

Maybe try It Follows, but it falls short towards the end.

Faculty
Body Snatchers
Mimic (sort of)

No mimicking creatures, but Re-Animator has a similar 80s aesthetic.

The movie was great... for the first 30 minutes. Then it began rapidly dropping in quality, throwing the atmosphere away for the sake of the ridiculously overused 'chase > talk in a safe spot > chase' string of events.

Mimic

Oh man, I remember watching it as a kid on tv. It was some scary shit