GORILLAZ BTFO

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/23146-humanz/

JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5799-the-fragile/
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/22746-the-fragile-2017-definitive-edition-the-fragile-deviations-1/
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5804-pretty-hate-machine/
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14890-pretty-hate-machine/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>shitfork

the same reviewer gave More Life a 7.8

>giving a shit about some garbage rap music pseudo-experimental outdated meme music for edgy tweens

The reviewer doesn't choose the score big guy

JUST

too high

I think that Humanz deserves higher than a 6.9, but I believe the numeric score is an average of a number of reviewers' scores, whereas the review has only one author.

Demon Dayz got the same score and their s/t got a 7.0 flat, who gives a shit

I was really hoping this would be a good album, but so much of it is just not...good. Charger, The Apprentice, and the 4 songs they released before are the only things I've been able to stand.

I'd give the album a 5 and pray that whatever they do next is better.

So the only way to get a really high score or a really low score is if they have an agenda. Cool.

well fuck me I guess.

still a shitty review. the album should be critiqued for what it is, not for what it isn't.

>all the anti-Trump pandering didn't please the most SJW music outlet

At the end of the day, Albarn is still a white male.

>tfw the next gorillaz album will be released when most of us are in our 30s

same score as demon days

>Doesn't like Charger

PITCHFORK DROPPED

Pitchfork gave demon days the exact same score lmao

That's the cynical way to look at it. I think there are albums reviewers will agree on without an ulterior motive. Taste is subjective, but there are definitely sounds people like more or less. Reactions to albums aren't always going to be mixed.

Didn't listen to full, but with singles like those it's no wonder it's shit

Pitchfork never really liked Gorillaz like that. It's one of those band they dismiss as ok mainstream pop during the 00s, but when the zeitgeist actually loved them, they started paying attention. They did the same with Daft Punk when they turned around and gave Audio Video Disco a good score in 2013.

That being said, this album is too feature packed. Damon's is doing his best Mark Ronson on this one and that's what leads to it sounding corny.

If you have the time, maybe give it a listen. The best songs on the record weren't the singles.

Gorillaz never have good albums- their singles outshine everything. This is a fact.

you mean justice?

already there senpai

At least I got to enjoy S/T as a teenager, and Demon Days as an early 20s. Suck it faggots.

>I base my opinions on singles

Pleb

No Daft Punk, the album they released in 2013 with the 70s sounding shit

all those black people and it can't even get a 7 lmfao
worst album of the year confirmed

Who's ready for the revisionist 9+ plus score it'll get on its re-release?

I for one can't wait

Audio Video Disco is an album by justice. You're thinking of Random Access Memories.

I suspect he might be memeing

Eh, s/t as a pre-teen. Demon Days as a teen. Plastic Beach early 20s. Humanz late 00s.

Oh fuck, my bad man. You're right

Sadly, as a Gorillaz fan, I must admit, you're right.

To the whole world, Gorillaz singles are really really well made and sound amazing. However, the albums aren't going to appeal to the casual listener.

It looks like they got a bit nationalist with the vince staples verse. They liberal-ness has limit lol.
I agree on charger tho. Such a waste of a guest.

I don't think this album is going to hold
that sort of "Oh we fucked up and didn't realize what we were listening to at the time" reaction that shit like Discovery or I Get Wet did. What other albums have Pitchfork done this for?

Has s/t be re-released yet?

Yeah this guy is retarded

>The album should be critiqued for what it is, not for what it isn't

But they did. They compared it to what they've already done

>"It's a funny little anecdote, considering how closely the fifth studio album from Gorillaz resembles its predecessors in tone, style, and mood."

Jaysone Greene is mentally ill

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5799-the-fragile/
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/22746-the-fragile-2017-definitive-edition-the-fragile-deviations-1/

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5804-pretty-hate-machine/
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14890-pretty-hate-machine/

I thought Humanz was really approachable. Gorillaz isn't really 'challenging' to listen to IMO, certainly not as much as some experimental stuff. I don't know how much radio play it'll get, but I think lots of people would be able to get into it.

>It looks like they got a bit nationalist with the vince staples verse

the hell you talking about? they don't say anything like that.

Do the critics actually decide the score or is it like old Gamespot where they used an algorithm that read the review and then spat one out?

is what I've seen on Sup Forums before, so take it with a grain of salt

It won't have a Feel Good Inc. or Clint Eastwood, so it'll stay off of T40 stations. Might hit more specialty ones though.

lmao who the fuck cares what pitchfork says, they just give an album a score and wait to see what the public thinks, then reissue a review at a higher/lower score.

>late 00's

didn't know centenarian's went on Sup Forums

Never been a Gorillaz fan personally but pretty much every fan I know hates the new album. It pretty much did exactly what The Avalanches did with Wildflower.

Remind me why anyone should take this edgelord weaboo band seriously?

it's no demon days imo, which is one of my favourite albums, but it's got higher highs yet lower lows than plastic beach.

my top 3 from the album is way better than the singles released (which took me a while to get used to): submission, strobelite, busted and blue are well done. charger felt like a throw back to the first gorillaz album after a second or third listen, which was kinda cool but didn't really fit

>le trump the album

sounds high to me tbqhmfh

must not have cheqqed his white privilege enough

Why does anyone pay attention to fucking music reviewers just listen to it yourself and form your own opinion.

>when you make an anti-Trump album and the leftist nu-male critics still pan it

>6.9

Wow, that's really kind. I'dve dropped it a full 2 points myself. Still, that's in line with what they thought of the albums not named Plastic Beach so whatever.

I don't know where this rumour started, but it's false. I've seen it posted a few times here before But I'm just going to dispel it now. During a Reddit ama they said that the score is decided between the reviewer and the editor.

I would screencap it but reddit is down ATM.

in the aeroplane got a 7.4 i believe

it's gonna get a 7.8 and they'll call it overrated

not enough damon

If the Humanz review is any indication p4k is no more enamored with the idea of a cartoon band now than they were when Demon Days came out so probably not.

>wipe my ass with a flag
>im just playin baby this the land of the free
>where you can get a glock and a gram for the cheap
>where you can live your dreams 's long as you dont look like me
>be a puppet on string hangin from a fucking tree

>a bit nationalist
what did he mean by this

>ascension
>ANDROMEDA
>saturnz barz
>busted and blue
>carnival
>SHE'S MY COLLAR
>OUT OF BODY
>TICKER TAPE

take these and listen to them, and throw the rest away

Here's a (you)
better luck next time

>the beginning of shes my collar
it grew on me so much each listen. at first i disagreed with it but now its probably my favorite track on the album.

shes my collar is your phone

fpbp

>tfw 30 next month

got you famalam

>when you make the mistake of pandering to leftists but you're still not oppressed enough to be considered an ally

Donuts by J Dilla originally got a 7.something

Charger is just a bland pop song though

Generous. It's a 6 at best.

>listening to the beginning of halfway to the walkway house
Oh what this album could have been

its been out for 12 hours

also

>still giving a shit about pitchfork

is this 2012?

leaked a week ago

Don't tell me you listened to the shit quality leak lol

I bet you couldn't even tell it sounded like shit

>6.9
>panned
It's an average score bordering on good

We live in the age where anything under a 9 is automatically shit.

I think 6.9-7.5ish is a pretty accurate range and not at all a "bad" album.

By p4k standards that's not too bad

Also didn't they like give Demon Days a 6-point-something?

>Gamespot where they used an algorithm that read the review and then spat one out?

wait are you serious?

I'm on the first listen so I won't make a statement about the rating, but reading parts of this review, it's pretty clear the guy who wrote it doesn't understand shit about this band.

Pitchfork has always had this thing against the fictional aspect of the band, they feel the need to mention some kind of "flaw" of it every time a Gorillaz album is reviewed.

FUCK PITCHFORK

AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE