Does anyone here actually like this album? and why?

does anyone here actually like this album? and why?

i don't, but i'm just curious if i'm missing something.

no its not a gorillaz album its literally a mixtape maship with guest spots of 2d

I think it's superb but I can't be fucked explaining why I'm sorry

I like Elevator Going Up

it's shit

i haven't even listened to it yet, but it's shit

theres some songs i enjoy, like 2 or 3, but the rest is shit

The most Sup Forums response of all time

I like it

It's not as good as Plastic Beach and Demon Days, but I like it better than their s/t as I'm not really a fan of that
It's not as bad as people make it out to be, like a 7 or something if you'd like to paste a number on it

I love it honestly. The songs are mostly short and straight to the point. Damon is the type of producer who makes his songs brilliant in a way that it takes several listens for the subtle nuances of the songs to come out. I'd say it's better than the s/t. Probably my album of the year already

Strobelight's pretty banger, so's we've got the power

>good as people make it out to be
What?

I agree with you guys and would like to add:

AWESOME production, textured but aerial/ spacious throughout

It's a comeback album that went in different directions but still remained true to self; I appreciate that they took risk and not have it watered down

read again

Hey, that Out of Body song on the deluxe version is pretty good

I like the production on a lot of the songs, I think most of the guests are utilized pretty well as well. For the most part, I enjoyed it but I agree with the view that it feels more like a mixtape than something planned to be an album. Plastic Beach and Demon Days had a lot of cohesion so it's weird how scattered Humanz sounds in comparison.

Same

>tfw bought the record on accident because i forgot about preordering it before the leaks

that "shivers down my backbone" line in momentz sounds straight out of some ratboy genius youtube shit tbqh, and the worst part of it all is that I like it

Too overwhelmingly hiphop, 2D/Damon feels too backseated to the feature artists and overall kinda feels robbed of that unique personality I could feel in previous albums. Doesn't feel like a Gorillaz album, feels like the band was hardly a part of it.

Definitely not their best album. But I like it so far. The problem I've found is I either like a song or hate it. With their other stuff I could at least find something to like about each song. In Humanz the songs I don't like, I straight up hate.

I didn't like plastic beach at first because it was so saturated with guest artists, but after a while I liked it all up. But man, at least the guests on that had some kinda theme going. I don't feel good about it but there are maybe 5 tracks I like so far. All I can judge on that I'm sure of is that Hallelujah Money makes me want to throw up.

The catchiest bit of the whole song is also the tackiest, I hate it

How preachy are the politics this time out?

Really surprised that it's reduced to just a bonus track, it's one of my favourites

More than the others but not obvious unless you're listening for them.

I like it
but is it Gorillaz? not really. good album still. Especially the first half is just non-stop good stuff
The Apprentice is the best song

If Andromeda was the last track it would be a 8 or 9 for me but unfortunately every track after it is dull uninspired garbo.

This shit should have been called gorillaz presents... this sounds like a compilation for a label showcasing artists

The ones that are more in your face are Ascension, Let Me Out, Hallelujah Money and the end of The Apprentice, which ruins a pretty good song:

Yo, new black king, New York dream
Tell these motherfuckers everything I'm seeing
My world's darker than the young black dream
Of the first black prince of a new white king
I just wanna play, have it my way
Make a bunch of fucking rules, then tell 'em obey
They can't fuck with me, yeah, yeah, Ojay
First name, government? No, him, I slay
New black king, oh
New black king, yeah
New black king, oh
Uh, obey, obey, obey

Yeah, even as a pretty far left-leaning guy I thought that entire part was a bit too in your face, I liked the song a lot and then that bit came and really soured the mood.

Please explain though. It's real generic and bad imo.

What track?

Regardless of politics the worst thing is that those lyrics are just plain bad. Maybe I'll just cut that part out of the song, I like the rest of it a lot

Nvm didn't realise it was literally called out of body

Yeah, those lyrics are like Baby's First Kendrick.

I was really afraid to listen to this album, but so far Submission and Busted and blue are pretty good though

busted and blue
sex murder party
saturn barnz

are the only good songs of this album

Honestly I'd say this album is better than Plastic Beach. None of the tracks hit the same level of quality as the best on Plastic Beach, but unlike Plastic Beach half the tracks aren't just kinda shit.
A few of the tracks are kinda shit but it's a smoother experience overall.

My biggest issue is just that it feels a little schizophrenic honestly. Plastic Beach had a really consistent sort of island sound to it, obviously, which tied it together even when it got bad.
With Humanz it's like if a track is bad it's just bad out of nowhere.

The political shit is also surprisingly not overbearing other than being too blatant in Hallelujah Money.

Sex Murder Party is the worst song on the entire thing, what the fuck are you on.

>jamie principle
>808 beat and nice synth work
>damon albarn voice is not spoiled by too many fucking guests

the rest is not gorillaz, it's just "gorillaz invite..."

It's good. I feel like this will also grow on people like PB.

probably will, but Plastic Beach had more songs i think, so longer to digest but also more coherent than humanz

What is this new genre of monotone cute girl rap that I'm noticing lately? Out Of Body solidifies it as not just being a one-off thing.
I need more of it in my life.

If I try to listen to Plastic Beach now, I don't like it anymore with the exception of a few songs. If I listen to Demon Days, I still enjoy it.
Im listening to Humanz and can't find anything to grab onto. Not my thing at all.

I liked Kilo Kish a lot when she first came out but totally forgot about her, Out of Body reminded me how much I dig her voice.

We got the power really grew on me. It's very uplifting.

>Too overwhelmingly hiphop
Uh huh
On just the standard versions
DD: 4 hip hop
PB: 5 Hip Hop
H: 5 Hip Hop
If we start counting the extra stuff from each phase, then s/t would be included too

after a few listens, We got The Power is my favourite song on Humanz

It sux

I've listened to it on repeat for a while now.

I reaaeaaally did not like the singles when they came out. It's grown on me now, though.

I'm mostly disappointed. It's just not what I wished for. Still not bad, just not their best. Pretty good still.

>Demon Days > D-Sides = Gorillaz > Plastic Beach > G-Sides > The Fall.

Haven't figured out where I place it. Probably above G-Sides? I don't know.

Best songs off the album in my opinion:

>Saturnz Barz
>Momentz
>Charger
>Andromeda
>Hallelujah Money
>Out Of Body

Maybe also
>We Got The Power
>The Apprentice

It's got more songs I like than Plastic Beach, I think. Also, I like Hallelujah Money, fight me

Plastic Beach > Demon Days > The Fall > Gorillaz > Humanz

loving it so far, Charger, She's My Collar, Busted And Blue, Out of Body, Momentz, Ticker Tape are really really good
I dont like the other tracks that much, but ill just give it some time and hear them again later

>The Fall > Gorillaz
lol ;~)

>OL MOI LOIFE
>YO BLACK KING...
>AYO BB DROP DAT AZZ
Why?

1. Busted and Blue
2. Charger
3. She's my Collar
4. The Apprentice
5. Andromeda

HM: Momentz
I'm not sure about She's my Collar though that shitty snare irks me.

i know, i can't explain but i really liked The Fall

Everyone is going to praising this album by Christmas time, just watch

This.
Busted and Blue is like El MaƱana all over again. It's easily the best song on this album. It's just a shake that it doesn't take off toward the end.

I really love The Fall too, but i cant really compare to the others albums they released

I actually went what the fuck when the vocals came on Saturn Barz when it was posted like a month ago but it's one of my favorites on the album now

We'll see.

I really hated Plastic Beach on release. Hopefully this will grow on me like it did.

Every Gorillaz album after DD usually has to grow on me, right now I really prefer every track the actually features Damon singing on it. It feels like every track will be much better performed live with their huge screens, lighting, and actual live backing band tho.

Sup Forums in a nutshell

true dat, very different

The apprentice. Im going to be repeating this like a mother fucker

I couldn't even finish it. Pure shit.

Yes I like it, especially if you listen to the album in the order.

Albums for Gorillaz now go like this for me:

1) Demon Days
2) Plastic Beach
3) Humanz & Self-titled
4) G-sides
5) D-sides
6) The Fall

I agree with this.

I listened to every album from beginning to end in order of release before I heard Humanz and D-Sides was a struggle. All of those goddamn way too long remixes drag down what could have been an interesting, though obviously weaker, compliment to Demon Days.

>All of those goddamn way too long remixes
I mean, that isn't really part of the album.

I just looked at the track listing and apparently the version I have is wrong because it includes the remixes alongside the rest of the tracks. I stand corrected.

Plastic Beach was a 6/10 to me back in 2010

now I consider it a 10/10 and the best Gorillaz album.

I felt this way about Plastic Beach, hence my worries of being bamboozled again.

It's the deluxe version I think. As far as I know it's two discs, where disc 1 is the b-sides to Demon Days, and disc 2 is all remixes.

Imagine the reverse of some Eminem singing this.

this

The version I have in my library doesn't even have it divided into two discs, like it starts at 68 State and then has the DARE DFA Remix right after it. I'm going to listen to Disc 1 again the proper way now.

Biggest mistake was calling this album Humanz.

You dont have to listen to an album to know it's shit. Just look at the liner notes and you can go by off of that.

Peanut butter

>DUUUUDEE GORILLAZ ALWAYS DID COLLABS MANE, IT'S ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THAT Xdd EVERY SONG HAS ONE COLLAB AT LEAST
there is no worse opinion

Each album has had progressively more collabs than the last, Humanz being so collab heavy after how Plastic Beach was compared to Demons Days shouldn't be so surprising.

Yeah but if you're going to bring a literally who to rap over a microphone and then muffle his vocals with autotune, you might as well not bring him.
November has come is a fucking god-tier collab tho

and each album was progressively worse

thicc

Pipe down pipe down pipe down

it's an enjoyable listen but nothing mind blowing

Why does that albarns guys voice sound so fucking gay? Is it supposed to sound cool or unique cause of the little filter her always sings through or the nasaly accented aspect? God I fucking hate him and his voice so much.

demon days >>>> the fall > gorillaz = plastic beach > g-sides = d-sides > humanz

As always Danny Brown is the best part of the album.

>Album has a very clear anti-Trump message
>26 tracks
>Album is about going up in an elevator

>Trump Tower has 58 floors
>[spoiler]Trump's office is on the 26th floor[/spoiler]
Really activates the ol' almond

Its basically what you worried plastic beach was going to be.

Theres some good tracks on it but nothing amazing.

I don't understand the message of those lyrics. Is there something more specific than "i'm black and i'm proud"? Doesn't seem even as straightforward than TPAB

I only listened to it once and hated most of it, after loving the singles.

I think its let me out where they literally say obamas gone im worried the cops are going to kill me now and the literal devil is in office.

I want more time for the album to settle and give it more listens, but my first impression is that it's quite good. It's a lot different than their other stuff which is probably the issue people will have with it. There really aren't any standout songs like Feel Good, but the entire album has a very space-y tone to it which I love.

First impression was that I hated it, but after giving it a few more listens I actually quite like it. There's only a couple of songs in it that I actually dislike, like Sex Murder Party.

The Spacey tone some of the songs have is really cool and im into that but i don't think they have enough of it and a lot seems to drop that entirely and just go for modern political and generic we got the power stuff.

meh

I think the label made Damon remove most of them

I like it. I think it's better than Plastic Beach, but not better than DD, or their first album.
I think the Interludes aren't needed, and I'm a bit disappointing that there is only one song with no feats, which I think it's a shame.

I haven't really looked into the lyrics yet, and I'm only on my 3rd listening.

>Like
Andromeda
Ascension
Strobelite
Saturnz Barz
Momentz
Charger
Let Me Out
Hallelujah Money
Out of Body
We Got The Power

The rest are fine, but they haven't really made an impression on me yet, some of them do sound a bit lackluster though, like the closing track.