Disney To Reboot Rocketeer With Black Female Lead

>The Rocketeer is ready to blast off once again.

>Walt Disney Studios is developing a reboot of the 1991 action adventure movie, hiring Max Winkler and Matt Spicer to pen the script for the project, which is being titled The Rocketeers.

>The project, in the early development stages, is being looked at as a sequel-reboot and in a modern-day twist, will be headlined by a black female character.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rocketeer-disney-movie-reboot-works-915037?

Other urls found in this thread:

kgw.com/life/pioneer-world-war-ii-female-pilot-turns-100-and-reunites-with-old-love/269680552
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they should think about a Ghostbusters sequel instead, that would bring more money

Fuck it all.

WE

lol

I seriously thought this was a joke and that the link would lead to a 404 page. Dave Stevens is rolling in his grave

meh

>Disney
Stopped right fucking there

FUCK THIS GAY EARTH

tfw its real

>Brigham Taylor, who produced The Jungle Book with Jon Favreau, is producing along with Blake Griffin of the L.A. Clippers and Ryan Kalil of the Carolina Panthers.

The fuck?

WUZ

ROCKETEER

Trivia: Walt Disney hated Jews, Blacks, and Women

Doesn't fase me, could be good if they get a decent actress

THE
LINK
IS
FUCKING
REAL

>Countries that barely have a school system that work don't score well at at test built around things that were determined to be important by western schools

Wtf, I hate blacks now?

DUDE MUH CHILDHOOD :((((

B R A V O
R
A
V
O

D I S N E Y
I
S
N
E
Y

To be fair, the WWII genre is sorely lacking in black heroines.
We can't ignore the black women that fought proudly any longer.

THE BLACKETEER

>people getting offended when rocketeer has ZERO current or past day cultural significance

come fucking on.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK

bb-b-b-but I need to cry about people on twitterrr

what the hell is going ?!

this is beyond fucked up

Why is Neo-Disney such trash

How about both? Better yet cast Leslie "KANGZ" Jones to be the lead in Rocketeer.

What are you talking about? The original graphic novel by Dave Stevens is a classic, and both it and the movie have cult status.

>Only things I care about are significant
Fuck off

>To be fair, the WWII genre is sorely lacking in black heroines.
>We can't ignore the black women that fought proudly any longer.
because The Rocketeer is a historically accurate documentary.

>black
>female
>pilot
>Cold War

WE WUZ ANACHRONISTIC WAR HEROZ AND SHEEEEEEEET

Nu-males pls go

Lol who gives a shit about the fucking Rocketeer anyway. Does it really matter?

user they score on the level of a gorilla
even monkeys pass the mirror test, negores don't

Every goddamn capeshit they can fucking dig up. Jesus Christ

The Rocketeer is a pastiche of serial adventure stories from Hollywood's Golden Age. What's next, a black female Flash Gordon?

>What's next, a black female Flash Gordon?
I don't see why not.

America has gone full retard.

>remake The Rocketeer of all things
>With a black female actor
>for a starring role in a series that takes off on old movie serials like Commander Cody

Do they just spin a wheel on these things and then another on what minority should be in it now

I'd sooner watch a rebooted Indiana Jones with a young black woman as the titular character than another with geriatric Harrison Ford.

Well, at least we have The First Avenger.

wow, just wow

Wait so they are going to take one of the most unique things about the rocketeer which was its setting and change it to modern day

In which it is basically Iron Man?

Good fucking job

>in a modern day twist
Wow my mind is blown at this amazing twist.

That we do user, that we do.

Because it makes no sense. There were no black female heroines from the period, so why the fuck would you include them in an homage to that period? It's distracting and inauthentic

>In which it is basically Iron Man?
Actually, Iron Man is a 15 year old black female in the comics now.
Still goes by the moniker 'Iron Man'.

WHERES MY NEW TRON AND BLACK HOLE DISNEY. YOU REBOOT THAT SHIT BUT FORGET THE COOL SCFI. LET ME GUESS YOU ARE GONNA REBOOT OR REMAKE 200000 LEGAUES UNDER THE SEA BUT NOT DO ALL THE. DO SHIT LIKE FILMING UNDERWATER NOT USING A REAL SEAL. OR FUCKING USE JAMICANS FOR THE TRIBE CHASE SCENE

I hope they get Paul Feig to direct for the inevitable shitstorm.

>have a chance to make a new, interesting ip in the spirit of rocketeer
>go with a remake instead that wont ever live up to the original

did the people who greenlit this used to work at sony when the ghostbusters reboot was greenlit?

fund it

Yeah, just read that, wtf are they trying to do?

Also looking forward to seeing how a black woman will be the hero of a movie in the 40s. I'm not a huge fan of the movie (thought it was a blast when I was little though) but it deserves a better end than this. Just let sleeping dogs lie Disney

not even a little bit true.

fuck remakes, if they made a sequel that might be okay though

In ten years, people will look back at this decade and laugh about all these black female replacements. None of them is going to sell.

>There were no black female heroines from the period

Gee, I wonder why? Could it be...racism?

>women
>blacks

Another W for Black Lives Matter

Yeah, this era of pandering progressivist nonsense is going to be a big joke once it blows over

when it ever does

Sup Forums is basically Sup Forums at this point. I don't even know what I still come here when it's just redpilled fags who talk about NWO shit all day.

What really happened is that this is all a huge money laundering scheme and they're making it bad on purpose.
Hollywood works in mysterious ways, reportedly fucking FORREST GUMP didn't turn out a profit thanks to jewish accounting.

nothing is sacred anymore

I never go to Sup Forums and I consider myself liberal, but even I realize that the agenda pushing in Hollywood has reached the point of self-parody. Normally I just laugh about it, but The Rocketeer is one of the few intellectual properties they're doing this to that I actually care about

i dont even care that this is a black woman but the hell is nothing sacred? somehow those remakes actually makes money? holy fuck

Is never asian or latina...its always black with Disney.

This feels like a fucking nightmare. This is a joke. This is a joke they would make 15 years ago on the Simpsons.

I can't believe it, guys. Hollywood boycott when

gross

at this point we really shouldn't be surprised

Next they can make a Sheena movie where she's a black dude

Blockbusters and Rocketeer are both very silly movies with a very silly story that would be hard to sell to cynical millennials nowadays.

Their only options are:

>make a loyal remake for the original fans who will bash it anyway no matter what (when have you EVER seen hardcore fans praising any remake?) while alienating new audiences

>make a semi-loyal remake where the main aspects are kept but with a grimdark, pseudo-serious twist like the new Superman or Batman movies. This is high risk because it could be come a patchy piece of work that doesn't please anyone in the end

>go full retard and put le sassy black character to appeal to a much younger, dumber and easier to please audience. You may say Ghostbusters was a failure, but the real failure in it was the production budget. I don't know what they poured so much money into but those cheap special effects and cast could've been achieved with a 100m budget, which would have made it a commercial success

Of course there's the option of not doing anything at all and just let the original be remembered for what it was, but Hollywood jews and scriptwriters are running out of good ideas probably because of all the drug and alcohol abuse so they have to recycle shit.

opening scene of Ghostbusters sequel is Hillary inviting them to the White House to take out the ghosts of the slaves that built it or the Reagans

I meant ghostbusters not blockbusters

wtf i hate myself now

>The project, in the early development stages, is being looked at as a sequel-reboot and in a modern-day twist, will be headlined by a black female character
>Early development stages
>No cast yet
>Already decided that the best actor for the role will be a black female
>Basically admitting that they're not putting a black female into the role because she's a good choice, but because they want to be #SoStrong

I mean seriously. I couldn't give less of a shit if they rebooted Harry Potter and Harry was played by Will Smith's son. Okay, I take that back. He's not a good actor, but you get the point.
But going out of your way to make sure a black person is the protagonist is easily one of the more racist things you can possibly do.

Wouldn't her giant fat black ass get burnt by the rocket pack?

Rocketeer?
More like
pick pocketeer

Studios are bound to realise what they already knew when these reboots tank.

Diversity does not equal success.

>Disney says it's rebooting the movie
>plot is a direct continuation of the original

Why not call it a sequel?

Yes. It was because of racism. So are we now supposed to just erase that fact from history?

They could try to write it in that she was one of Tuskegee Airmen, but I don't even think women were allowed in the air force at that time

they were not. apparently one applied to the women's airforce division but she was rejected

chocolateteer

>It's real

I just don't care anymore... I just don't care.

It'll be okay, Phil.

Women were either in factories assembling bullets or doing other production jobs. A select few were test pilots for Grumman, and NA aviation had some whose job it was to transport fighters from production plant to a rendezvous where they were collected for delivery.

None saw combat of course.

kgw.com/life/pioneer-world-war-ii-female-pilot-turns-100-and-reunites-with-old-love/269680552

Is the original good? I know we had the tape when I was a kid but I never watched it

MARK THIS THREAD AS EVIDENCE WHEN Sup Forums BE ALL LIKE 'OMG WE ONLY CRITICISED IT BECAUSE PEOPLE CALL US MAHOGANYS'.

>Brigham Taylor, who produced The Jungle Book with Jon Favreau, is producing along with Blake Griffin of the L.A. Clippers and Ryan Kalil of the Carolina Panthers. Griffin and Kalil are partners in a new venture called Mortal Media and approached Taylor with the idea for the reboot.

So everything mid that kids 35 years ago grew up on will now be rebooted. Mostly with black stars because of the people backing it. Add into account Lebron James' production company. Hollywood is going to the black athletes.

WHAT THE FUCK
WHAT THE FUCK

Let me look for the thread I made about this movie a years ago and some user said exactly this will happen.

Just NIG my shit up

Which slaves that built it? Cause the damn thing was built and rebuilt multiple times. I don't think the guys that gutted the entire thing in the 50s weren't paid but I could be wrong.

>instead of making an all new character that happens to be a black female they're turning a character that was a white male into the latter
pandering at its finest

Wait wait, so the black actress will be the damsel or the rocketeer himself?

I think the rocketeer will be a black girl period.
She will fight nazis and have a girlfriend.
Mark my words

>a strong woman of color needing to be rescued by a white male
Racist and sexism much?

In before hundreds of people suddenly decided Rocketeer was central to their childhoods and obviously an extremely masculine film

It wasn't a big part of my childhood but I am a pretty big fan of both the comic and the film, and yes it's obviously masculine, being based on movie serials that were all about manly men fighting bad guys. Find me a old adventure serial that stars a woman, go ahead

But the first Captain America movie was p much a Rocketeer remake and Disney owns that. They don't need another one ....
fuck this gay earth

They should make her a lesbian so her girlfriend can still be not-Betty Page

Haven't they learned from Ghostbusters?