Tell why the fuck I’m paying for school to get a job so I can get a job and pay for school

Tell why the fuck I’m paying for school to get a job so I can get a job and pay for school

And you're forced to do this against your own will

Because its how the world works. If you dont like it then an hero or start a buisness. Idk. Dont complain.

find something you truly enjoy and brings you happiness and either monetize on it or fuckin find something that you are good at or imagine yourself being good at to keep you living comfortably and stop being a fucking faggot

what is your major anyway?

Your country is shit, that's why :DDDDD

>tfw free education
>tfw free health care

undecided but im thinking of archeology idk would that be a waste. >inb4 kys

quality of life
with degree
>not shit
without degree
>shit

Depends. You won't get rich or even paid very often but if you enjoy it thats better than becoming a Math major but hating your life.

learn how to fucking program become a CS major go find a decent private sector job where they give you a laptop, work from home and spend the rest of your time fucking bitches and doin cool shit thats what Im gonna do

Arguable.
Rates are higher than ever as is tuition.
Beyond bachelor degree times you're looking at decades of debt and even then you might not be hired solely on degrees as businesses have been changing their hiring models based around experience and resume.

Just teach yourself that shit for free and learn how to build a resume. Skirt the crippling debt.

Its very simple you little shit. College is a not a place to explore yourself, party every night, and discover what you want to do, its an investment. Not guaranteed tho.

College loans at most can cost around 200 k, so you better work your fucking ass off to make sure you're the top of your class in accounting, nuclear engineering, or law and not some bullshit like history or political science.

In fact, unless you are going to a very high ranking college, youve pretty much have wasted your money.

>Get Bachelor's in Econ/Finance and Masters in Economics
>$40k in student loan debt
>Get job in 2015 that pays $65k
>Now making $86k

Just paid off the last of my student loans too...So, recap. I'm a debt free 26 year old making $86k in a field with high demand.

It's totally worth it if you play your cards right.

Also, some may think $40k is low given the education I have. I did my first two years at community college and went to public university for the rest

Do that if you want to be a life long academic. ITT : OP is faggot version of Indiana jones

>doesn't list profession
>ITT : liar

even fucking better

depends on how retarded you are when it comes to spending money on college.

200k.. yea right bud ill pass on that shit. Who do you think i am a valedictorian

yeah but you're not in danger of getting fucked by poverty while you're getting educated and experienced
then you get a good job and you're set

Model developer for bank dude...

I'm flattered that you think I'm lying

what do you do?

See

>developer for bank dude
>actually works at bank
Holy shit dude. Dont you work like around 70 to 80 hours a week? How do you live?

Lmfao that isn't even a job. Quit trolling you fucking cuck.

Because you're an idiot

Do it sideways.
>Go to school
>Learn German
>Get a passport
>Get a student visa
>College in Germany or Switzerland
>Pay nothing
>Looks fucking incredible on a resume
>THEN get a job

Fuck no...I'm a quant dude, not an investment banker. I work 40 hours a week typically. 50 to 60 when deadline is near

Depends.
Right now resume is more important than the degree or type of CS degree as the demands high but its also flooded.
If you get a CS degree where its from is technically more important than the actual degree.

If you're self-taught but can show various projects you've done or been in involved in and it all looks good that looks vastly better than a CS degree with only your thesis/final project to show for it.

You almost have to go somewhere impressive to stand out with a CS.

I'm calling bullshit. Send me $10,000 so I know you're legit.

i thought they made foreigners pay

that sounds comfy.

How much of getting the job was luck/good social skills vs being qualified?

I feel a bit relieved.

........You obviously know very little, if anything about banking. Dodd Frank act requires banks with > $50 billion in assets to stress test their balance sheets twice a year. Banks do this by building models and running economic scenarios through them. I work on developing/processing just a couple of the dozens of models it takes to accomplish such a task

Because you want a better job than being a 7/11 cashier.
It is broken, though.

Baited. Learn to think freely you gullible fuck

Dod frank is Ann Franks dad and got killed with her in the holocaust. You aren't funny. Quit trolling and lying.

OP here, im just thinking are degrees even gonna fucking matter in te job market in like 5 years. Id start out as a freshman this fall.

kek plus trips

Yet bank of America was allowed to be bailed out. Trolls be trollin

Check them dubs, brah

It does take some luck, at least to land in banking. Once you're in, you're in for good tho. Tons of demand for quants with experience . The skill sets you develop with a masters in finance or economics are transferable to plenty of fields tho. Almost everybody in my cohort landed a good job. I'd recommend doing something related to software, especially anything coding related.

Im majoring in finance and CS. So guess im good to go then. thanks

Do you know what got you hired though?

Lots of people say they just talked about football with their employer and got the job. ANd i know nothing about sports.

How do you upvote things?