Hey, Sup Forums

hey, Sup Forums

I have a question regarding enlisting in the USMC.

First off, I'm on SSI, but my diagnosis was changed from something severe (paranoid schizophrenia) to something less severe (bipolar disorder).

I'm tired of taking gibsmedats, and I don't take any medications. The original diagnosis was due to a stupid incident on my part, during which I went into stimulant psychosis because I was prescribed adderall. I ended up being transferred to a mental hospital for a few days, and it was there that they diagnosed me with paranoid schizophrenia. The psychiatrist I had to see redacted the diagnosis, and said instead that it was a manic episode due to bipolar disorder.

Anyways, I'm not schizophrenic, and I'm not bipolar. They had me prescribed on too much adderall and I went loopy for a few days, that's about it. Also, this was 7 years ago. I haven't done jack shit with my life since then.

I'm 26 now, and I want to enlist in the USMC. Will they waive me in? I see the recruiter tomorrow at 4pm and I'm going to level with him then. Obviously I'm going to get off of the gibsmedats and take whatever steps are necessary to enlist.

bump I guess.

You're gonna be the type to fail out and then kill yourself. You got mental disorders and u want to be broken down and molded for 6 months. stop kidding urself.

Sempre Fie

I'm not about to kill myself, I just have an unfortunate stain on my medical record that lead to 7 years of stagnation. I'm not going to be 30 years old working at a fucking gas station and collecting meager SSI money and EBT foodstamps so I can live a boring ass life.

Mental health is a widely misunderstood area demographic. It's more complicated than breaking a leg or arm and takes longer to heal. But I can tell you when it heals it's stronger than any normie has.

OP just work really hard at what your good at don't throw your valuable life into a dangerous situation. You could make a bigger difference doing elsewise.

My life isn't valuable as is. Most people would consider me a societal parasite, for taking government welfare for some bullshit that happened almost a decade ago.

I have a feeling Trump just allowed mental health expats to join the normie army. It makes sense since he 9% increase in spending and subsequent vaccum of personnel and advancements and results in recent medication.

I have to disagree with you to some extent.

Yeah, people can learn coping skills and how to handle shit like delusions, bouts of mania, things like that, but faulty brain chemistry can only be fixed with medications. You can't really heal a lack of seratonin, or misfiring neurons or whatever, you can just regulate them with medications.

I'm just saying if you get rejected. POssibly try getting into physical shape and increase mental toughness before applying again. Don't let the rejection knock you on your ass for longer than a restless night of sleep. Aim to be over it one way or the other by the next morning.

people that go in normal usually come out fucked up.
people that are fucked up and go in come out still fucked and sometimes more dangerous, but are more like a time bomb

If you want to do something with your life, go to a trade school and get a job you want to do. If you cant do school, then start in labor and chip away at learning something useful along the way.
You dont have to work at a gas station all your life, but you have to start somewhere. Try working for a corporation in warehouse or something, be really cool with them and tell them you would like to learn other things to actually move up into the corporate world.

After the military gets through with you, you'll want to be a social parasite. The military is a giant game of making sure that you're the parasite and not the host.

They might accept you in. The important thing to remember is not to lie about your mental history. Divulge any and all information that pertains to the subject, failure to do so will land you in trouble later on.

Good luck.

Thanks. My friend's a recruiter and he told me to be honest as well. It's too bad he's a couple of states away, otherwise he could probably get me in.

I guess it's all up to the impression I make on the recruiter, and if he wants to jump through whatever hoops for my waiver from Hell.

The moment that you mention paranoid schizophrenia, they're going to tell you one of two things: the recruiter will either disqualify you on the spot, or if he likes you, he'll tell you not to ever mention that shit again if you want a job in the military. If they tell you one thing (divulge your mental history) be prepared to wordlessly do exactly the opposite and doublethink the shit out of it the whole way as your sanity erodes. Get used to it.

I decline being dragged into this argument as neither of us has the adequate training to sufficiently go over total results.

I may speak from experience. I've been in Clinical and Mental for a significant amount of time for severe reasons. Pertinant to the issue medication I've been on has little to do with brain chemistry and it's more about waiting it out more than anything. There is no crutch so to speak to lean on except regular diet and sleep. Which is why I suggest longer stays in wards then previously sought out for by past medics. Due to the lack of tools available and the fact the Hospital is the best environment I suggest Mental is given 25-50% longer to heal than Clinical.

In my experience life finds a way. Becoming tougher by any measure of challenge regarding injuries at young ages. It is my opinion you know diddly squat about this. PTSD sufferers would fair better with already formed regulating methods and experience on the matter. Better then their man made breaking and remolding because nothing hits harder than life. And nothing hits harder than life.

nothing is valuable as is. All that needs to be needs to be in motion. Just don't stop, no matter what. You matter,

26? you are too old now to enlist op.

No I'm not. I'm too old for Selective Service, as in a draft.

Nevermind, selective service is 18-26.

Depends on the role. They higher fighter pilots in their teens but Helicopter pilots in their 30's

work must continue in ever variation possible for the success of true blue humanity.

Take work results previously completed and redo them with a reinvestment of results knowing the path of work process and results changing again only the investment of results.

at 14 I was "diagnosed" with "anxiety/depression" while helping my mother through chemo, taking care of the siblings and balancing school at the same time. i was given paxil. now that shes passed on, things have bexome re established and im trying to get in the navy.
im kinda in the same situation OP, i just dont have as heavy as a diagnosis as you do.
im fine now...no anxiety. no depression. ive been off the meds for a while. no criminal record at all.
my recruiter has basically told me "dont talk about that shit ever again to anybody".
so i suppose im going to keep it at that.
my ONLY concern is if i require TS clearance...thats their opportunity to fuck me. MEPS doesnt give a fuck unless youre stupid and say something.

idk OP. my pill pushing jew shill of a fucking doctor put this stain on me as a child. this diagnosis was 7 years ago.
i have no clue how my situation will work out. it also seems like theres a huge enlistment wave right now; everybody is trying to join and the recruitment commercials for army navy and marines are in full force.

look congrats to you & the other guy here who want to serve,if docs were truly able to define
what you have,the much closer the
'the cure '
they are not,and they aint got it
mental illness that apparently has screwed up your life,when mixed with vaccines,possibly chemical exposure on mission can have exponentially greater effects in your biology than either the condition, or the treatment,and the med side effects,you buds on mission's lives may depend on your quick reactions,in muscles speech leg power, chem and or biological agents can and DID have severe consequences for about a hundred k gulfwar vets

You can enlist until youre 32.

Trump doesn't have any real say in military policy, especially regarding entry standards.

It's a 50/50 shot that the military will let you in, it's all dependant on whether or not you can prove your previous diagnosis was incorrect. Expect to jump through a bunch of hoops if they don't reject you outright, it's going to be a lot of paperwork, which will probably have to get routed through a bunch of high ranking individuals.

Also, DoD downsizing has hit the military hard the last 8 years, that's why youre seeing a lot of recruitment going on. We really are hurting for people.

Tbh if I was a recruiter I wouldnt give you a weapon and put you under heavy pressure. It just seem like a huge risk to take, even if you feel fine.

There are plenty of other ways your life can become valuable. You could learn a trade job, set up your owns shop and make plenty of money, do some work on the internet whatever really... As long as you're willing to take low pay internship to learn the possibilities are really endless

Righteous. Thank you for the input.

I don't plan on enlisting as infantry.

even more reason to comb over and ignore my petty ass "diagnosis".
my GP was the one who diagnosed me, too, not a mental professional.
i guess at this point its just up to the Navy and ONI if it gets that far. also, asvab is 94...if that matters at all.

another good board to ask about these things is /k/. look for the military enlistment general, or /meg/ thread.

Alright fucker. I'm a guy who got into 3rd phase into boot camp before I fucked up and broke my ankle and ended up in MRP for 4 months. The only way they will let you in is if you lie. They will claim to have your medical history, it's false they have nothing except what you told your recruiter. So if you want to be a marine then keep your fucking mouth shut

You aren't getting in even with a waiver.

Isn't even a boot and knows what's up. Okay mang

I have no idea how your previous "diagnoses" will affect your enlistment, but I would think they have their own doctors. Regardless, good for you. The military sounds like an excellent option and hope it serves as the catalyst for getting your life back on track.

>SSI, but my diagnosis was changed from something severe (paranoid schizophrenia) to something less severe (bipolar disorder).

Lets just stop right there. You're never getting in.

I had to lie to get in the first place. Perhaps it was karma bitting me in the ass