Sup Sup Forums?

sup Sup Forums?

>bought vintage audio device off eBay for specific project with a client
>'tested, working etc'
>shows up completely fucked
>ask seller to pay for repairs so I can still do the work I was intending
>seller refuses, claims it's not his fault because...
>he didn't test it...
>offers refund
>I push for getting it repaired because he lied in the listing and I need it.
>shit goes nowhere and he stops replying, start eBay dispute
>client finds somebody else with the equipment he wants to complete project
>eBay rule in sellers favor saying I might've broken it :/
>I appeal because photos show rust damage I couldn't have caused, plus the seller admitted to lying about testing it.
>today (more than two months after auction) they reversed the decision
>I just got full refund
>even made a few dollars because of different exchange rate
>eBay/Paypal letters say the case is now closed
>Nothing in my eBay 'returns' 'canceled orders' etc. sections...

Now I have the item, and the money... do I keep it? I found something in a forum about eBay "ruling in buyers' favor without return needed if it won't be facilitated within 5 days." lol... It doesn't sound right, but the seller lied in his listing, cost me money/work, and was a total dick about it.

>TL;DR two wrongs make a right?

you refused the seller's offer of a refund. you are the dick.

if it was damaged in shipping I'd have accepted it, but he admitted to not testing when he stated twice in the listing that he had and that it was working. Then he started accusing me of damaging it, which is impossible given how old the rust damage is. I just wanted him to cover the repairs so I could have it working like he said it was in the listing, and do the job I was intending to do with it. I know I'm being a dick now wanting to have it all haha, but I don't think I was being unfair asking him to cover repairs when he lied in the first place.

you need to realize you are an autist and don't have realistic expectations of the world.

90% of the time when sellers "test" things on ebay, testing consists of making sure the device turns on and nothing goes horribly wrong once it is powered on for 30 seconds.

Should have taken the refund and gotten different equipmrnt.
Now you lost a client.
I hope you don't plan to be self employed because you will starve.

Yeah! OP your are an faggot
Take your stupidness elsewhere

>buy item from eBay
>usually from China but other places occasionally
>item arrives
>no tracking on it
>email seller
>"my item hasn't arrived"
>broken English response
>'you want refund or replacement'
>depending on what the item is ask for refund or replacement
>now I either have the item and my money back or two items for the price of one
>do this hundreds of times
>feelsgoodman.jpg

>making sure the device turns on and nothing goes horribly wrong once it is powered on for 30 seconds
things go horribly the wrong the second this device is turned on, it's so broken that it would be obvious to anybody.
the client wanted to record with this specific piece of vintage equipment. What do you do when the guy who's money you want is purist?

>he admits mail fraud on a non-anonymous internet forum

Lmao please post pics of double items, this is hirrarious

you ask the seller for a refund and then you accept the refund.

shit man, just stop.
you've got the item and there's a chance you could fix it right? and you got your money back.
You won. You got the fucking item man, you can do what ever the fuck you want with it now, bin it, fix it or even sell it off to some poor bastard. shove it up your ass for all I care.
you won now move on with your life

Ebay used to be fun when it started.A real flea market on a global scale. For the last few years it has turned into a snake pit of cheap shit and customers who know that they can get away with ripping people off by playing idiot he said/she said games.The stinkfisted cunting piss stains that moderate disputes always rule in favour of the person making ebay the most money. It's on par with the likes of Facebook

What exactly was the vintage piece of audio equipment you bought?

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

can't be fucked going around and finding them all. did it with almost every purchase I made.
clothing, games, cd's & DVD's, things for the gf, hell even sex toys.
lots of knick-knacks and things from China that I didn't need at all I just got addicted to doing it.
If the item was under $15 there was a 99% chance I'd get my money back or a second one. $20-50 items were a little harder. anything to $100 or over was difficult but not impossible. I know I did it on one expensive item but can't remember what it was.

I'll send it back if I have to, but if eBay are letting me have this I'm taking it as compensation for time/money/work lost and karma's way of fucking the seller over for bullshitting
You truly are the king of kings
I hope it's over.
The seller makes a lot more transactions than I do, it seems like eBay care more about the buyers than the sellers.
It's a certain infamous filter

Like a MF-101 or a Sherman filter? You should have just used a plugin...

you're a shit person but I can't stop laughing at this

actually went round and found a couple of things. still have some of the replacement shirts in the packages.
so many little things too that I all got a refund, like belt buckles, little animu figures, a few books.

>few years back
>have gf
>don't have the money to buy her fancy things
>buy fancy things on ebay
>give fancy things to gf
>'oh user! how did you afford this'
>'I paid for it with my love'
>get the succ
>every week a new item for her
>she shows them off to her friends and family
>they all think I'm secretly rolling in dosh
>she never knew I just got refunds on it all

I don't deny that user.
At times I would feel bad about it, but then I'd remember they're just some shitty Chinese company with no soul.

Saved.

bdamp

think older
the client is a purist for a particular era of sound. He was only going to book time at a studio with this particular device, and that's what he wound up doing. I didn't have any luck trying to hire one, but the budget was big enough that I could buy one and still make money.
I'd have used a plugin, or one of my other hardware filters if he'd let me haha.

Order used panties

>don't have realistic expectations of the world.
Bro, you don't just accept being ripped off if you don't have to be. If something's broken, or you're not sure if it works, you can't sell it to somebody as 'tested and working'. What sort of pussy accepts being ripped off when they don't have to be?

Haha

He gave you the option of a full fucking refund you retard. You would have got to keep the fucking item and get all your money back.

Regardless it's fucking over now so why you so mad bro.

if it's stuff you don't need then that's pretty shitty and wasteful
getting free gifts for your gf when you were poor is awesome enough to make up for it though

It was in a way, though I still do use a few of the items. I don't do it often anymore, but that's probably because I don't buy off eBay much these days.
I'd probably try my trick again in the future though, because I'm clearly a Jew.
>free item or two for the price of one
now really, who could say no to that.

ahh but user, does anyone truly 'need' anything?

besides clean water, food and a place to sleep.

Truly genius

he didn't give me the option of a full refund without a return. He wanted me to send it back first, but he was accusing me of breaking it, and then stopped replying without even giving me a return address lol... I don't think he was ever going to give me a refund.

eBay issued the full refund without mentioning anything about returning it. I'm expecting the seller won't be too happy about that, so that's why I'm wondering about it.

Thank you user.

another story
>mother owns animal food store
>see bulk 10 pack horse necklaces
>buy them for $7
>message seller 'they didn't arrive'
>now have 20 of them
>sell in mothers store for $6 each
>sweet, sweet profit.
>sold out so fast I actually bought more from the same seller

>He wanted me to send it back first,
hahaha really?

>yeah seller I sent in back in the post today honest
>seller never gets it
>it's sellers fault it was lost in the mail
>seller has to refund you
>turns out you actually forgot to send the item

Regardless, now that it's done you don't need to do shit user. You won, so just be happy.

It's wire fraud, not mail fraud.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

I realize that but it's good to know. In my company we have people email contracts back to us but insist on them mailing them back also. That way if things go south we have them on both mail and wire fraud.

eBay's return policy is via the global shipping program, so the lack of tracking would've clearly shown that I hadn't sent it back. And then he wouldn't have owed me a refund. Doing the eBay dispute was definitely the way to go. eBay have decent policy for protecting the buyer when an item is confirmed to be 'Significantly Not as Described', but if I'd just trusted the sellers word that he'd refund me when it's returned, he could have accused me of damaging it, or returning an empty box, and I wouldn't have any leverage.

I just hope it's over and he doesn't initiate some sort of appeal, but given I won on an appeal and they've said the case is closed I think it's done. I'll be pretty damn happy if that's the end of it and I get $20 more than I started with and a repairable piece of gear for nothing haha.

>insist on them mailing them back also. That way if things go south we have them on both mail and wire fraud.
That really is good to know, wow.

welcome to the real world of buying online
anybody who thinks that this is a feasible method for making purchases hasn't tried it yet.

just in the last three months i've had 4 shipments go missing, none of the sellers could provide me with transit numbers, none offered refunds, only one offered to resend the item.

ebay is quickly becoming scam central. buy your stuff locally, fuck online shit.

it is over.
fuck worst case scenario he tries something
you ignore the fucking email.
into the trash it goes
problem fucking solved

>but, but, but

if it scares you that much just delete your eBay account and make a new one.

I don't get it. Why is everyone hating on the OP ? Seller clearly lied in the description and sent a broken item. OP was in urgent need for the item. Sending back an item takes an effort and OP had to waste time ordering and waiting for it to arrive to begin with. If anyone is a prick in this situation, it is the seller.

Seller is a prick that's undeniable but OP is a retard.

I have 12 years of good feedback on my eBay account, so I don't want any problems with it. I'm not scared, I've just had this thing for 6 weeks now and if I can be sure it's over I want to get it fixed ASAP. It just seems to good to be true for it to be over lmao
cheers bro
I've had this same thing happen twice before, but both times the seller was quick to cover the repair bill. One was nice enough to refund more than the repair costs for the trouble.
lol, okay.

fuck me, you just keep going on
I almost hope that the seller does go after you now.

just fucking say you had to dispose of the item or some shit really I don't care anymore I'm going to go watch ylyl compilations now.

3 stars out of 5 for this thread.

I love that this thread bothers you for some reason