What's your favourite Texas rap album?

What's your favourite Texas rap album?

Been getting deeper into the UGK and Scarface discogs lately, some great shit there

inb4 anybody even thinks about mentioning Rodeo

The GOAT

prob Ridin' Dirty, I haven't heard much Texas though

Was gonna say this is best album of any genre so I'll just post what ive been jammin

If you're into the older stuff a lot of the mixes were good. Pic related

These are crucial, my personal favorite Screw tape is 2 Pints Deep. Scarface's The Diary is probably one of my favorite rap albums ever, goes hard as fuck.

2 pints deep is 10/10. I really appreciate scarfaces music and think he does well, but I just cant get into his style. Great rapper tho

I'm mostly with you on Scarface, I can't get as into his/Geto Boyz as a whole. The Diary is almost a better g-funk album than most of the stuff that came from the west coast though. Has a very powerful flow and delivery.

LBP and DSR before they all started doing solo stuff. Some of the best/worst freestyles ive ever heard.

I still can't believe there's actual other nikkas out there that listen to Houston underground, is anybody here not from the H?

Not from Houston but grew up on S.U.C. classics and freestyles. Cant get enough of the screwed n chopped movement.

Get into any of the beltway 8 tapes from pollie pop. He covers all the hits and a good bit of deeper stuff.

This one underrated for having an actual Guwop feature before the cloning

5th ward boyz!

also ESG and anything by DJ Screw

Damn I forgot about the gov taking guwop from us. But yeah haters got me wrong and cant leave drank alone were neighborhood anthems for a while. But honestly cocaine and crack dont have a single bad song on them.

Don ke. Origional SUC

Ima have to add this one too

Mexican radio is one of my all-time favorites. Didnt he go to jail for fucking a kid??

Yea low-key got screwed over but still should've had some sort of brain to not fuck a kid

What a shame. I feel like anytime an artist comes back after a long stint in jail their music is never the same.

I like this one cause it feels like a bunch of homies having a good time chillin and doing what they love

Since it hasn't been posted yet

old school thugga

I'm now going to think about mentioning Rodeo.